Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

cdukeboy01 said...
on Mar. 8 2010 at 8:25 pm
cdukeboy01, Glenburn, Maine
Are boys really confusing or is it just that you don't understand them?

on Mar. 8 2010 at 9:12 am
um, yah this is true. not everything is about the cheerleaders, & its not cool...

Valerie123 said...
on Mar. 6 2010 at 1:11 pm
she didn't say they were....

luvdance said...
on Mar. 6 2010 at 1:03 pm
not all cheer leaders are blonde and stuck up.

Bree14 BRONZE said...
on Mar. 3 2010 at 4:42 pm
Bree14 BRONZE, Newton, Texas

live ever moment like no other

I agree boys are just werid

trblue GOLD said...
on Feb. 27 2010 at 9:58 pm
trblue GOLD, Richmond, Virginia

"Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother@#?!&* upside the head. "

a guy that goes out w/ a girl just bcuz of her look not the kind of gut u really want.

on Feb. 24 2010 at 11:14 pm
Valtarov SILVER, Colorado Springs, Colorado

I said to the man at the gate, "Give me a light, that I may tread safely into the unknown." and he replied, "Go out into the darkness, and put your hand into the hand of God. That will to you be better than the light and safer than the Known."

I think looks don't matter. I remember a friend of mine once asked if I preferred blondes or brunettes. I said I didn't.

Now, I do have a special condition called synesthia, which allows me to discern more than the average person.

The most attractive type of person is someone who is contagiously joyful. Perhaps the main reason I like the gal I like is because I cannot help but chuckle with joy inside every time she smiles.

If you're acting and dressing to attract shallow guys, you will. You will become in the process a shallow girl, and any deep, good guys won't go for you. So, my recommendation is to always act as if you wished the ultimate good of everyone you meet, and always be joyful. Don't fake happiness, but rather try to suppress feelings of sadness and encourage those of joy. This is the way to attract the type of man who is deep, and thoughtful, and like you will be wishing everyone's ultimate good and being joyful.

on Feb. 24 2010 at 11:03 pm
Ok, listen, I'm Victoria's (the girls who wrote this) friend. And she wasn't trying to offend anyone AT ALL! She would NEVER IN A MILLION years try to hurt someone's feelings or treat them mean! Some of you guys are REALLY taking this "essay" the wrong way, she wasn't trying to be offensive, she gave her opinion! And I'm not just pointing this comment to you (PoetOfNyx16) , it's to everyone! She wasn't trying to be mean, please don't take it like that cause some of u guys just aren't understanding what she means, I was with her when she wrote this and she was having a bad day and just felt like writing something, but she wasn't trying to be mean to anyone! So plz stop leaving you guys's rude and inconsiderate comments without understanding! Gosh!

on Feb. 24 2010 at 6:34 pm
k@t!eB@by BRONZE, Ringgold, Georgia

" It must be nice knowing how to make me cry without even saying a word" -?

I agree. but they don't need to stand out TOO much. then the guys will feel they'tr sleezy. But if girls TRY to look good and actually get to know the guy, she'll probably get him :)

on Feb. 24 2010 at 5:44 pm
babigerl1194 PLATINUM, Margaretville, New York

wat doesnt kill you only makes you stronger

well ima redhead and looks do! matter. its what grabs peoples attention and sometimes they never look further or get to know you right. the other girls that are less pretty need to stsand out so teh guys notice them to and will end up likeing them for their persoanlity. and guys arent shallow ive had like 5 guys cryy and get all upset guys and girls are ven and just as bad. so keep it yer pants everybodyy.

on Feb. 24 2010 at 9:56 am
PoetOfNyx16 SILVER, Port Angeles, Washington

"I dont know why I cut myself, god, give me a sign or help, I won't cry it'll be fine, I'll take my last breath, push it out my chest, 'till there's nothing left."

man. why do you have to stereotype like this? the only reason why i am going with a blonde with blue eyes is not only because shes beautiful. i could care less. its her personality and her humor that really draws me to her. you girls do it as much, if not more, than us guys. ever heard of the expression "Mr. Tall-Dark-And-Handsom"? its realy stopped me from getting the girls that im attracted to. because i dont fit into that stereotype

on Feb. 24 2010 at 7:06 am
Silevryn BRONZE, Osceola, Missouri

"The world hasn't become more violent, it's become more televised"

personally i dont like the Aryan stereotype. I'm one of those who do go for the dark haired ones. But it seems that girls themselves are so focused on getting the jock a-hole boys that they ignore everyone else trying to be with them. Its not just the guys that do this, if what ive seen happens all over the world as well, its the girls that do it more than the guys

Meli11 said...
on Feb. 23 2010 at 11:23 am
Meli11, Las Animas, Colorado

When someone dose something wrong and is laughing, that person has already thought of someone to blame it on.- Unknown

good point!!! i like the way you think ani i totally agree considering im a girl... i kno alot of decent guys no like that.

on Feb. 20 2010 at 12:13 am
Jordan901278 BRONZE, Long Pond, Pennsylvania

"Moloch! Burns down the love of the world." - Allen Ginsberg

you're clumping all guys together into one specific category. sure most idiot high-school guys are like that, but once high-school ends most people wake up. you need to find the right guy instead of chasing some jock d-bag

Jesse4658 said...
on Feb. 20 2010 at 12:00 am
Let me guess, you or your friend, is what most people would consider ugly. So you set your standards to high, knowing all too well that our society is shallow. Now you're angry about it? And by the way you make it seem like all guys are shallow. I'm a guy and I can say I'm not. And if anything girls are just as (if not more) shallow. I've had friends that are very nice but because they didn't fit standards they were overlooked. Please don't group everybody together as you seem to do a lot. It's insulting.

on Feb. 18 2010 at 3:07 pm
carrcarrx BRONZE, Margate, New Jersey
1 article 1 photo 15 comments

"Dont take life to seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway"

i know what you mean && for the people who got offended by this.. i dont think u ment exactly "blonde hair or blue eyes" i think you were just saying that guys usually go for the girls who look pretty . so if you have those features, you should be happy because all she was trying to say was that are usually the most attractive .

she was saying that she wants guys to stop looking at the outside of people because it only captures attention. she wants guys to look whats on the inside ..not that they are a cheerleader or for their hair color .

so when you're reading someones articles yuhh should think a little about what the author is trying to say. :)

on Feb. 11 2010 at 9:12 am
also some guys just get with a girl because there other features (butt ect) and it all depends on how they act wether the guy thinks shes easy or if can get pictures then dump her its heart breaking but it happens. but it ussually depends on that

on Feb. 11 2010 at 9:07 am
ok im a cheerleader and i must admit i do have my moments at the games but not all the time but most of the girls are always like that and my 'bestfriend' (not so much anymore) is always complaning how i get all the 'good guys' and 'oh your so pretty' when really i get guys that treat me like horse turd and honestly im blonde with blue eys and id rather have brown straight hair and green or brown eyes. but great peice keep writing

bam222 said...
on Feb. 11 2010 at 9:03 am
to you have green eyes and black hair???

on Feb. 10 2010 at 7:44 pm
I have to say that I don't apreciate the bashing on cheerleaders I have dark brown hair and green eyes and I'm a cheerleaders all cheerleaders aren't shallow. And neither are blondes with blue eyes I take that ofensively my best friend has those features!