Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

AndersN GOLD said...
on Dec. 18 2009 at 10:38 am
AndersN GOLD, Park City, Utah

"I saw an angel in the marble and carved until I set him free." -Michelangelo

I am a boy, and I'm different than all the other boys on this entire earth. I feel sympathy for you and your friend. I am 13, and I'm completely in love with this girl that's too embarrassed to admit she loves me too. She is a brunette, and I think she's the most beautiful thing to walk the earth. I've published several pieces on teen ink with her in mind. She doesn't love me, though. I am blonde with blue eyes, but I don't want to be. Let's say I...get a lot of girl attention. Hey, I'm trying to be humble here. I have girls flirting with me all the time, but I HATE it. It's really scary sometimes. Sometimes my female teachers and gays flirt with me. It makes me really uncomfortable, and I only want to be with my love for eternity. That's all I ask.

VirginiaSoul said...
on Dec. 16 2009 at 7:21 pm
(I wrote this artical) Okay, this was for my friend, I'm NOT a brunette with brown eyes. I am blonde with blue eyes. I'm the other girl in the article (the blonde one). The brunette girl was just a fictional (yet quite real) character. Just letting you know.

Thanks for your opinion though. :)

I'm not trying to be mean, I promise! :)

on Dec. 14 2009 at 11:20 pm
not all guys are like this, you have your head stuck in the gutter. You're just not seeing other parts. Girls can be the same way as well. They never go for the geeky guys, but they always want the hot shots. This is just our problem, we only accept the love we think we deserve.

PnO4EvA said...
on Dec. 14 2009 at 9:30 pm
girl...how old are i by the way??...anyways...what i have learned frm love is that when ur tired of looking for love...just stop looking for it...in a little time of waiting..love will come find u..even if he aint ur rite one...he will be the rite one for that moment... hell be worth being in ur life at that time...lol...but yea...stop trying to find love...itll come looking for u soon enough

Smiles2Go said...
on Dec. 14 2009 at 7:18 pm
Where I am all the boys always go for the fake and popular girls. Why? I have brown hair and green eyes and nobody pays attention to me. Even if a guy I really like, likes me it's only for a little bit. I don't understand why boys these days can't be kind and polite and just see girls for who they really are. Instead of someone that's fake who isn't really that serious in a relationship. I'm tired of being lonly, I just want a good guy all round. I guess I'll just have to wait until the right one walks into my life. :)

/Chelby said...
on Dec. 14 2009 at 4:30 pm
/Chelby, Yatahey, New Mexico

Can a heart still break if its already stopped beating..?

this is so true.

I agree with this. but im with a guy i love deeply, even tho im not popular. im always alone. im not as pretty as other girls. but he likes me for who i am. i just had to be patient to find him. heh (:

on Dec. 8 2009 at 11:35 am
Loved it..!!

on Dec. 4 2009 at 10:11 pm
Babygurl_101 SILVER, N/A, California

"Angels are the quiet girls that just havent been noticed yet"
"The past is the past, and i am your futuer." (<3<3<3<3<3)

this is so true!!! i really liked reading this!!! boys need 2 stop being so pickyy... and go for the gurls who havent had any guys. a guy doesnt need to always have a blonde gurl! all gurls r pretty in their own way

on Nov. 24 2009 at 5:08 pm
BaBii_GhErL PLATINUM, Wasilla, Alaska

Loving someone who doesnt love u is not wrong its just painful!

some girls do like only boys with looks...i like a man for who they are and how they approach me and how their attitide is towards me...guys that are frm where i am are like that too...they like the pretty ones that are mean and B*****...but oh wells girls just think of it this way..."if they dnt love me for who i am inside and not outside they dnt deserve to get to know me at all"...

kasras said...
on Nov. 22 2009 at 5:43 pm
i agree your peoples are jerks!

Abel24 GOLD said...
on Nov. 17 2009 at 6:08 pm
Abel24 GOLD, Alpharetta, Georgia

"Never to suffer would never to have been blessed."
- Edgar Allan Poe

"The death of a beautiful woman, is unquestionably the most poetical topic in the world."

-Edgar Allan Poe

Im telling you right now, the guys where you are from are pigs! Im a boy, and I don't do that. I like a girl with a good personality and has the same intrests as I do. Looks are only secondary things after good personalities for me. Trust me, there are some guys I know that would wish to meet girls. I have always gotten girls that really never liked me...I wish there were girls that would live in GA that didn't care about looks....and only personalities cause I would never be so Frikin lonely....

AmandaL BRONZE said...
on Nov. 15 2009 at 1:19 am
AmandaL BRONZE, Newton, Massachusetts

"When you're young, it's okay to be easily ignored." -Jason Mraz

"Why are boys so cute, yet so hard."

that's what she said

on Nov. 8 2009 at 8:49 pm
Listen. One, they're boys. That's who they are. But also, they mature slower than girls, so you're better off with an older guy anyway. But not all boys are like that. Though many are. (Trust me. I've fallen for one who I've been with twice and he's probably the biggest player/jerk on the school...AND a year younger than me.) I don't understand why the blonde and blue eyes have it, maybe this will just be a phase and will pass. Do let us hope.

Good luck.

Devan said...
on Nov. 7 2009 at 7:48 am
Devan, Cumming, Georgia

Romans 5:8

So so very true

Pashia said...
on Nov. 6 2009 at 2:49 pm
Pashia, Appleton, Wisconsin

im a person you can count on. i am an outgoing girl who people want to talk to when theres trouble.. any kind of trouble. im just the girl whos next door!

psshhh.. not all guys go for cheerleaders.. honey those are JOCKS that do that. and honesly those guys and girls they own schools and this world but there only in there own world and group.. you no some guys do like blonde hair, but then some likes asian some like mexicans you no those are just the type of guys who they like and what they see in girls. if guys cant handle what you look like then you no you shouldnt feel bad they just have there own typr of girls. and yea some guys do like showing off there girlfriends but that doesnt matter they want to let his friends no that THIs girl HE's with is taken. even if she is pretty or NOt!!! everyone is beautiful in there own wayy.. no matter if your short, skiny, chuby, fat, blonde, black, or brown. who cares what you look like..

OHlivia17 said...
on Oct. 29 2009 at 8:41 am
haha I agree with this except the blonde hair blue eyed girls always being picked first because I fit that description and I'm basically invisible to guys and adversely most of the brunettes are the ones with all the dates

KellieGurl95 said...
on Oct. 19 2009 at 5:59 pm
REALLY GOOD! I like the words you used. Nice Job!

on Oct. 19 2009 at 5:17 pm
Aitana Libreros BRONZE, West New York, New Jersey
I know sooner or later everyone will. I know YOU will too

on Oct. 19 2009 at 4:30 pm
CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin

The world is a stage, and we are merely players- Shakespeare (at least it goes something like that!!)

yeah, i hope i find a guy just like that :)

on Oct. 19 2009 at 3:19 pm
It's true but in time they will notice that beuty has nothing to do with what's on the outside but what they have on the inside.

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare