Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

AprilCeCe06 said...
on Jul. 9 at 12:22 pm
AprilCeCe06, Denton, Maryland

"Just 'cause you can't see it, doesn't mean it, isn't there"
One More Light, Linkin Park

SO FREAKING TRUE! I am being friend-zoned (sadly). Even though I never met the guy's girlfriend, I know her name: Emma. My friend Izzy says she's probably a blue eyed blonde! I was fuming for hours at the thought of it! 🙄

on Jun. 11 at 4:07 pm
Makayla009 BRONZE, Granite Falls, Washington

you are the light in my darkness.

hello! I agree with you very much I think that boys are gross and dumb but i am straight and i have had two boyfriends and i regret it just focus on yourself girl you are you and you dont need to change that be yourself dont change to be with someone if they dont like or love you for who you are then they can go screw themselves :)

Shyguy239 said...
on May. 8 at 7:34 pm
Shyguy239, Sydney, Other

You only live life once so make it worth it.

Also how do you make something then publish it up here in teen ink

Shyguy239 said...
on May. 8 at 12:50 am
Shyguy239, Sydney, Other

Firstly I am a boy and I have never done anything this says. What happens is some boys do like you and they are probably ones who hang out with you very often and they don’t tell you because they think your cool and you might reject them(I know from experience.)

on Mar. 23 at 8:10 pm
Misseliza BRONZE, Asheville, North Carolina

"If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you." -Terry Pratchett

I am blonde with blue eyes and I can honestly tell you that looking like that doesn’t help. Maybe it does in movies, but we all know how far from reality those are. Also, @VirginiaHeart, don’t bother with the boys that just go out with “cute” girls. They are not worth your time. (Not speaking from personal experience here. As I said, being blonde doesn’t mean you get all the guys).

on Dec. 4 2018 at 11:45 pm
marisakalei SILVER, Winchester, California
6 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Life is 10% what happens and 90% how you react to it
-Charles R. Swindoll

I just wanted to say that I'm a cheerleader and we aren't that bad :/

on Dec. 3 2018 at 12:34 pm
Teenpenguin101, Gibraltar, Other
I meant blonde

on Dec. 3 2018 at 12:33 pm
Teenpenguin101, Gibraltar, Other
At a party one of the popular boys wanted to kiss my friend and he claimed to like her one hour later he was asking out the bone popular dancer !!! I got soooo mad because I could tell he actually liked my friend

on Oct. 5 2018 at 10:58 am
riah-panda-14 BRONZE, Putnam, Connecticut
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

you can be anything you want to be

thank you so much

on Sep. 11 2018 at 10:52 am
vanessawaring, Linesville, Pennsylvania
AMEN to this!!! I honestly know some boys like this, and they are so annoying! But yet so cute! If only the movies came true..

jaimebarnes said...
on Sep. 11 2018 at 10:51 am
jaimebarnes, Linesville, Pennsylvania
I can relate to this so much thank you ;)

Tannnaaaaaaa said...
on May. 25 2018 at 7:06 pm
I disagree with this mainly because I have blonde hair and blue eyes, and guys don’t even talk to me let alone want to be with me.

on Apr. 21 2018 at 11:43 am
Diarist_Chicken PLATINUM, Blue Mounds, Wisconsin

It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere would much rather you not be doing it.
-Terry Pratchett

I feel like I'm expected to like the ditsy, blonde type, but I never have. I hate how people can act so fake and so bland in this society.

on Apr. 20 2018 at 4:26 pm
Imagin8er BRONZE, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law; but if someone puts a hand on you, send him to the cemetery." - Malcolm X

That's all true, but what she's trying to say is that...the most popular, most ''stereotypical'' girls are the ones that most guys are going to want to date. Not always true, but typically.

on Sep. 21 2017 at 9:16 am
22harali BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Being in a relationship shouldn't have anything to do with looks maybe they really like the person and the person they like are blonde with blue eyes and a cheerleader.

on Sep. 13 2017 at 3:44 pm
jeremiah17 BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
does matter if they are pretty or not pretty what matters is the feelings they have toward you

on Dec. 8 2016 at 1:32 pm
Jackiehernandezz SILVER, Sacramento, California

"A day without laughter is a day wasted..." Charlie Chaplin

totally relatable. love the detail about the girl in this, it's so cool. great job

on Dec. 8 2016 at 12:58 pm
Jenifer_cornejo SILVER, Sacramento, California
this is really great and i can relate to this 100%

Hilalo said...
on Oct. 24 2016 at 10:08 am
Hilalo, Beverly, New Jersey
To start off, I love your story. I like how you compared to the movies and this gave it feeling and texture to the whole story. We could relate to what you were saying. I would like to see more of your stories. :)

daisy said...
on Oct. 20 2016 at 9:42 am
i feel the same way too

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare