Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

on Oct. 11 2012 at 11:05 pm
Lisa_Bhadd001 BRONZE, Augusta, Georgia

Blahh & Ewww

I wonder that

on Oct. 11 2012 at 2:09 pm
i believe the article is intresting because it makes us realize how sometimes guys are. that they prefer looks over personality and as a matter many people are superficial.

Bigboy88 said...
on Sep. 23 2012 at 11:23 pm
I am a Junior in High school. I start runningback on the varsity football team, and date a cheerleader. Sounds pretty stereotypical, right? But this cheerleader has brown hair, green eyes, and is very wholesome. Infact, when i kissed her after a month of dating, she felt things were moving to fast. what im getting at is this. not all cheerleaders are the same. not all Athletes are the same. I feel like this is reverse judging. its doing the same ting you say the cheer girls do, back to them. Why can't it all be based on personality and chemistry? why do all these other tags have to come along with it. It really bothers me to see the double standard.

silvafox121 said...
on Sep. 20 2012 at 9:15 pm
that is a good point. i agree cause i am blonde with blue eyes too, has anyone gone for me? not really

oceanssoul22 said...
on Sep. 17 2012 at 11:11 pm
Thank you for mentioning this! I have blonde hair and blue eyes, and I've never had a boyfriend-I'm also nineteen, by the way.

sierrahyatt said...
on Sep. 5 2012 at 12:06 pm
ahem,i have blonde hair and blue eyes!just because we have those things don't mean the guys go for us,they go for the "pretty" girls,not all blonds are "pretty" to them,like i have alittle pudge,and other blonds have things that guys don't like about them,just like any other girl,that's not all guys,just most of them >XD

on Aug. 12 2012 at 8:22 pm
TinyTiglet96 BRONZE, Coatesville, Pennsylvania
1 article 1 photo 4 comments

Try,Try again.

I know Right!! lol

on Aug. 12 2012 at 8:18 pm
1 article 1 photo 4 comments

Try,Try again.

So True  

on Aug. 12 2012 at 8:17 pm
1 article 1 photo 4 comments

Try,Try again.

I agree with him. Very well written and you got your point across clearly. Awesome job :)

on May. 29 2012 at 10:41 am
babygirlxcookie GOLD, Summerfield, North Carolina

Dont really have one

There is a preference for everyone. Looks aren't everything. Plus I think most guys date the cheerleaders because most of the "preps" aren't all right in the had. They can be very easy, if you know what I mean. Or they could just be very had to get. It goes both ways honestly

D.Rose BRONZE said...
on May. 10 2012 at 6:31 pm
D.Rose BRONZE, Centerville, Massachusetts

"At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet." Plato

I'm a guy, and i just wanted to say: I hate..well hate is a stong word. I dislike most of what we might call "preps" i love the Girl's with brown hair, With Glasses, and who are labled by these preps "Outcast" Also great writing. Loved it

leemaki BRONZE said...
on Apr. 29 2012 at 9:16 pm
leemaki BRONZE, Melbourne FL, Florida

mama

not to be creepy but i think i'm the guy version of whoever wrote this article. I always go for the girl that follows her own path and is who she really is. i respect that so much, and im not really atracted to the falseness of the girls that you talk about. Its all about who you are. thanks for writing and speaking my mind for me.

jlb1993 SILVER said...
on Apr. 26 2012 at 7:33 pm
jlb1993 SILVER, La Chapelle Aux Lys, Other

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives." - Chuck Palahnuik

The same can be said for girls, but fortunatly one day they will realise, prettiness brings someone to your attention and the personality makes them worthwhile

on Apr. 17 2012 at 12:39 pm
There is nothing wrong with being a red hair. A lot of hot guys think I'm pretty and I'm I have red hair

on Apr. 6 2012 at 9:17 am
QueenOfAirAndDarkness SILVER, Brockport, New York

I am who I am. Your approval isn't needed.
- Unknown

I think that's a little bit of a generalization. I have blonde hair and blue eyes, and I have never had a single boyfriend, nor has any boy ever shown an interest in me. I think it's the TYPE of person - the cheerleaders and ... ahem, EVIL... types of girls. It's NOT just appearance.

LillyStar17 said...
on Apr. 4 2012 at 8:58 pm
LillyStar17, Pullman, Michigan

The art of acceptance is the art of making someone who has just done you a small favor wish that he might have done you a greater one.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

well that i think sometime could happen people do that but i think so...

Meao said...
on Mar. 26 2012 at 4:00 pm
I am blond haired and blue eyed, and in real life no-one goes for that type of girl just because she has these qualities. The shallow, superficial girls in my class (I am of school age) are actually mainly brunette (this is not a dig, this is just a point) Boys go for any type of girl, its not programed into their system to only like one hair colour ect. just different qualities (sluttiness, charisma, cleverness ect) and the point Im trying to make, is that the girls you describe are sluttty, and the heroine is usually quiet and clever, or talented. It's these qualities that get them the guy.

on Mar. 13 2012 at 12:53 pm
SpedChick18 BRONZE, Glen Rock, New Jersey

dont judge a book by its cover.

i am a red head but i die my head BROWN never blonde because there are to many jokes for blonde girls... but i am gay so i dont have to worry about boys hitting on me or dating me because i have a girlfriend that i am engaged to but thats not the point. i changed my hair color because i was made fun of for being a read head. so i changed not for a guy or girl to like me, i changed for people to stop making fun of me.

on Mar. 13 2012 at 12:51 pm

dont judge a book by its cover.

it seems like there is alot of conflicts about what kind of girls that boys like. But what if a guy likes a girl who has brown hair but doesnt want to tell her that he likes her. What if he just dates a girl that is a cheerleader but doesnt really like her? What happens if that guy finally tells the girl his true feelings? does that mean that he is bad for liking someone who is not blonde... and to talk about that odds are the blonde cheerleaders arent even naturally blonde so the boys that fall for them are falling for girls that are fake. Ever thought bout that?

on Mar. 12 2012 at 9:50 am
lesjuggaletteforlife BRONZE, City, Oklahoma

you say: i should be straight
i say: taste the rainbow biiitch

good point firetip, zee (darkninja) would most likely agree.

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare