Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

on Feb. 19 2014 at 10:30 am
KenzieWolf BRONZE, Louisville, Nebraska

"I may look happy, but dear the only way i'll really smile is if you cut me ear to ear."
-Bring Me The Horizon

This is so true the only thing guys look for is big butt and boobs all of the time and they never look past that. Guys will tell you different but its always a lie. Always. I say dont trust em. I guys that i liked for a long time just backstabbed me for another girl and diddnt even have the guts to tell me himself. I found out over Instagram!!! Like what? So anyway this articles totally relates to my life

shykk.shykk said...
on Jan. 19 2014 at 6:49 pm
wish i am there to witness it myself. :)  

GageSayles said...
on Dec. 30 2013 at 5:48 am
This is ridiculous; all of the assumptions you made are based off of your perspective. By the sounds of it, YOU find yourself unattractive, and that isn't any way to go about nabbing guys. I am a guy, and I can tell you that most guys don't care about looks unless they're looking for a short, stinted relationship. Anyone can deal with other's problems, because they have problems themselves.

on Dec. 19 2013 at 1:13 pm
BlondeLies GOLD, St. Thomas, Other

"What ever happened to Romance? Sappy, soppy, longhand love letters..."

I'm blonde and I have never had a boyfriend or boy-toy.  All the boys in my school go after the Latina girls or the girls who's daddies have more money.  Girls may be blonde, but they're not always the girls boys want.  I'm an ugly blonde so although I like this writing, I also do not agree with it.

on Dec. 16 2013 at 10:49 pm
transparantspirit434 PLATINUM, Farmington, New Mexico

I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. -Hebrews 13:5

Nice ideas, but here's one to chew on; Why do girls go for the cute guys? The ones with the skater boy hair cuts? The popular ones? With the blue eyes? The nice bodies? The full package? It isn't just guys; it's girls too. And if you don't go for this type of guy? Well... see? Not all girls go for the pretty guys, just like not all guys go for the cheeleader-type girls. Sometimes, we just... go for who we like. And this guy you are writing about, if you are writing about a specific guy? Believe me, you deverve better. You'll find a guy who sees just how beautiful you are, even if you aren't the cheeleader you described. I promise.

Sky-sky said...
on Oct. 10 2013 at 3:43 pm
Sky-sky, Lasalle, Illinois

Good girls <3 bad boys!!!!

This is so true your great at the stories

on Oct. 10 2013 at 2:34 pm
Lexi_the_bullied_girl BRONZE, Lasalle, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Don't take my KINDNESS as a sign of WEAKNESS

That is so true there's thisboy I like but he likes a different girl-she's blonde-what do I do

on Aug. 29 2013 at 9:09 am
DawnieRae BRONZE, Lancaster, Ohio
I like this article, a lot. I think that we all sometimes like people who are attractive. I do too, but its really sad because they never like me back.... The other thing i wanted to say is that boys and/or girls are not confusing. I think its because we are different from each other and we cant understand the way the other thinks. Of couse that's only my opinion. :)  

bcakex1 said...
on Aug. 19 2013 at 12:00 pm
all of these comments are correct. i personally think that the guys you are talking about are simply stupid. a girl can be pretty, but does she really care about a guy or anything? most times not. i see girls everyday that date guys just to be able to say "i have a boyfriend." i mean, i respect your opinions just like everybody else, but i just dont feel the same way. when i like a girl i ask myself "does or will she even care?" looks are not what defines a person. a nice personality is what you should look for. not some jerk who is pretty and knows it and walks around like shes better than everybody else. i hate those people.

bcakex1 said...
on Aug. 19 2013 at 11:50 am
thats true!

Niquel said...
on Jun. 14 2013 at 12:19 pm
Niquel, Lipan, Texas

If you don't design your own plan, you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.

-Jim Rohn

Yeah, you don't sound arrogant. Trust me, some the attractive guys I do are as dumb as a box of rocks, and I can't stand them no matter how handsome they look.

Niquel said...
on Jun. 14 2013 at 12:16 pm
Niquel, Lipan, Texas

-Jim Rohn

While I agree this is true, it's the same on our end, too. As people, we're unconciously more attracted to "attractive" people. I feel increasingly bad for nice guys who aren't attractive that dote over twig-thin girls who won't give them the time of day. In this scenario, it's equal on both end. The guy goes for the pretty girl, but she doesn't want someone who isn't handsome. I think all people are like this to at least some degree.

IMSteel BRONZE said...
on May. 20 2013 at 4:26 pm
IMSteel BRONZE, Wallhala, South Carolina

"Learn from Yesterday, live for Today, hope for Tomorrow" - Albert Einstein

"Brevity is the Soul of Wit" - The Which

I am homeschooled, and so I have no idea what you mean by, "boys always go for the 'cute,' girls."  It is the character inside that determines a person, not the outer shell.   

AliMotamedi said...
on May. 18 2013 at 2:03 am
AliMotamedi, Ampang, Other
now as a guy i can't help but feel the same about you girls. but over time i have learned many things icluding the fact that you can't judge a group of people by the actions of one or a few members. i get it for a girl it must be very difficult to understand the psychology of a guy. but lets be a little fair to each other once in a while! :D 

on May. 12 2013 at 12:33 am
Childofthemind BRONZE, San Marcos, California
HaHa I think this article is good but I find it amusing because I am a guy and I feel the exact same way about girls. why do they always go for the "hot" guys?

on May. 10 2013 at 3:43 pm
steelsoprano DIAMOND, Cincinnati, Ohio
Haha I love Harry potter too

on May. 10 2013 at 3:41 pm
steelsoprano DIAMOND, Cincinnati, Ohio
Agreed :) you are definitely not like that

on May. 9 2013 at 8:45 pm
BlueSupernova ELITE, Cincinnati, Ohio

"Damn it, Ted!"

ok while i do not want to sound rude towards you and your opinions, this article assumes a lot of stuff, and a lot of it isnt true. i mean, i have blonde hair and blue eyes, and so do two of my best friends, and its not like just because of that all the boys like us. and people are always saying teenage boys dont care about personality and all they care about is looks, and although i am a girl, on behalf of boys, i know that a lot of them do care about a girls personality. i get frustrated with boys too sometimes, but sometimes you have to think before you spout off stereotypes that can hurt others.

Dash said...
on May. 1 2013 at 3:00 am
I surrender with my ego as a man. Nothing can be truer than this one.

on Apr. 30 2013 at 9:12 am
Wings10FeetTall GOLD, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

Nobody's going to wait for you, so do it now.
-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

Thank you.

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare