Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

on Apr. 29 2013 at 6:22 pm
Wings10FeetTall GOLD, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

Nobody's going to wait for you, so do it now.
-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

I agree. We both sound fairly arrogant.

NinoM BRONZE said...
on Apr. 29 2013 at 3:38 am
NinoM BRONZE, Walker, Michigan
Really liked the piece, though I (as a boy) can say that looks is definitely not the first thing I (consciously) look for.  Having someone attractive is great, son't get me wrong, but personality is the biggest thing for me (it's kind of bad, I admit, but I cannot date someone who's not at least close to on par with my intellegence (and yes, I realize how arrogant I sound right now).

on Apr. 28 2013 at 8:51 pm

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

I agree with fadevmust.

on Apr. 27 2013 at 9:44 pm

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

This makes me think of something that I heard (or maybe read) once. 'If you go into a relationship only for looks, then it will inevidently fail'. This may not always be the case, but it does seem true most of the time. The words flow beautifully on this article, but there are a few sterotypes. The first is that you make it seem like all girl with blond hair and blue eyes are self-absorbed bubbleheads (sorry if that offended anybody). But one of my friends has the same eye/hair color, and she's one of the smartest people I know, and smarter than me by a long shot. Also, why assume that guys only go for girls like that? The last thing that I would want would to be in a relationship is somebody who is self-absorbed, no matter how pretty they are or how good they make me look. I honestly had a nightmare about that happening to me once. I've only ever really been attracted to one girl in my life, and she had brown hair/eyes.

sarah98 BRONZE said...
on Apr. 24 2013 at 8:12 pm
sarah98 BRONZE, Holyoke, Massachusetts

It is better to write for yourself and have no audience than write for your audience and have no self.

I don't want to sound rude, but i think that there is alot of assumption in this article. I know several people (alothoug i;m not one of them) that fall under alot of the details you mentioned. Blonds, blue eyes, cheeleaders--physical appearence can in no way dictate a persons personality. 

Britt_Low14 said...
on Apr. 22 2013 at 11:33 am
Britt_Low14, Weatherly, Pennsylvania

Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead you to the sunny side of life. And everyone deserves a little sunshine. ~Jeffrey Glassberg

I resoect your thoughts and views, but this is sterotyping. I don't judge or pre-judge anyone. All boys are different. There are reasons to why they chose whom they pick. Everyone has different tastes and styles.

J1029 SILVER said...
on Apr. 20 2013 at 11:07 pm
J1029 SILVER, Tampa, Florida

Sing like no one is listening,
Dance like no one is watching,
Love like you've never been hurt and
Live like it's heaven on earth.

- Mark Twain

See that's the problem athenianstar. Guys don't get to know you unless you are pretty or popular.

on Apr. 13 2013 at 1:13 am
Drac-in-Black GOLD, London, Ohio

"Never apologizing for feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth." - Benjamin Disraeli

While I respect your views, this article is an example of what is called a stereotype. 

on Apr. 6 2013 at 1:48 pm
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

But notice that the nice guys never end up with stuck-up jerks at the end of movies/books, no matter the hair color! It's only the antagonists that end up with jerky girls.

on Apr. 6 2013 at 1:46 pm
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

I agree with Amy; yes, we're a bit confusing, but you shouldn't have to lie just to keep a relationship in order. Why would you do that? I understand that we girls love compliments, but they don't have to be LIES. Tell her the truth about what you love about her.

on Apr. 6 2013 at 1:42 pm
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

All of that makeup does not matter at all. You should be loving a girl for who she is on the inside. Beauty is just a plus.

on Apr. 1 2013 at 5:39 am
athenianstar BRONZE, Muscat, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Well it depends on the kind of guy you are talking about. Just find someone who likes you for hu you are

on Mar. 20 2013 at 11:27 am
TargonTheDragon GOLD, Ofallon, Missouri

First dentistry was painless.
Then bicycles were chainless,
Carriages were horseless,
And many laws enforceless.

Next cookery was fireless,
Telegraphy was wireless,
Cigars were nicotineless,
And coffee caffeineless.

Soon oranges were seedless,
The putting green was weedless,
The college boy was hatless,
The proper diet fatless.

New motor roads are dustless,
The latest steel is rustless,
Our tennis courts are sodless,
Our new religion — godless.

the millisecond i read the title "why are boys so confusing" i thought to my self...."no, the title should be, why are GIRLS so confusing!"

sabrinaawdi said...
on Mar. 20 2013 at 11:25 am
I agree with you dude. 

Sabrinaawdi said...
on Mar. 20 2013 at 11:24 am
I have read some articles written by teens and have thoroughly enjoyed them despite the amount of disclosure attached to it. Thanks for creating a zone for teenagers to unleash their feelings and whatever comes to mind. :)

fadevmust said...
on Mar. 12 2013 at 2:02 pm
You sir clearly have no experience with women. You cannot assume that just because someone is a brunnette, she does not take care of herself or put in effort to look good. The things you have mention are all shallow and just skin deep, and truly should not matter. Also, do yourself a favor and learn to spell.

on Mar. 5 2013 at 7:00 pm
Are you seriously steriotyping people like this? I'm a cheerleader, blonde, and a mega nerd. I am proudly the member of several fandoms, and can quote harry potter and doctor who on conmand. I hate it when people assume that I'm a dumb stuck-up bitch just becasue I'm a blonde cheerleader. 

on Feb. 26 2013 at 9:12 pm
ItsMyLife SILVER, Athens, Wisconsin

“There comes a time in your life when you have to let go of all the pointless drama and the people who create it and surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus solely on the good. After all, life is too short to be anything but happy.”
-Anonymous

I just wanted to say that is not entirely true. I'm blonde, and I am very unpopular. In fact, the most popular people in my school are brunettes! So saying that guys always go for the blondes isn't true. I find that almost insulting to blondes to say that we get all the boys.

anon said...
on Feb. 25 2013 at 1:45 am
do you know why guys like blonds...it is because lots of blonds are fake blonds...and fake blonds are the girls who try realy hard to look good. if a curly haired brunet or a puts the same amount of effort into clearing skin, dieting, exersizing, and messing with thier hair in the mornings...they can be just as beutiful. in fact...they will have more men swarming them because a super hot curly brunet is so much more rare than a blonde (mostly because hot girls make themselves blonde).

anon said...
on Feb. 25 2013 at 1:35 am
i love dark lushious curls!!...but sorry...im interested in a redhead of average atractevness at the moment. personality beats looks for all the guys worth having, but you'l get more guys evaluating your personality if you keep your curls lushious. i look like jon snow from game of thrones...makes me angry how he can keep his hair is less frizzy than mine when he is   busy fighting in a blizzard... TV is never realistic.

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare