Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

on Mar. 13 2012 at 12:51 pm
SpedChick18 BRONZE, Glen Rock, New Jersey

dont judge a book by its cover.

it seems like there is alot of conflicts about what kind of girls that boys like. But what if a guy likes a girl who has brown hair but doesnt want to tell her that he likes her. What if he just dates a girl that is a cheerleader but doesnt really like her? What happens if that guy finally tells the girl his true feelings? does that mean that he is bad for liking someone who is not blonde... and to talk about that odds are the blonde cheerleaders arent even naturally blonde so the boys that fall for them are falling for girls that are fake. Ever thought bout that?

on Mar. 12 2012 at 9:50 am
lesjuggaletteforlife BRONZE, City, Oklahoma

you say: i should be straight
i say: taste the rainbow biiitch

good point firetip, zee (darkninja) would most likely agree.

on Mar. 12 2012 at 9:47 am

you say: i should be straight
i say: taste the rainbow biiitch

and now i take it back, screw you tristan w.

Reality said...
on Mar. 12 2012 at 12:30 am
Your point seems to be that guys should learn from movies and go after girls who have neither blonde hair nor blue eyes simply because the movies predict that the blonde hair blue eyed girls are not ideal for the boys. I have brown hair and brown eyes, so I'm not trying to defend the blondes or the blue eyes out there because I'm one of them. The reason why you and all the other people who agree with you don't end up with the hottest guys or the most guys is that you're idiots. Please work on your argument and stop pining after the scums who worship the superficial. 

chloe jane said...
on Mar. 3 2012 at 6:58 am
chloe jane, Gatton, Other

alot of guys can be like that they go for looks not personality, the popular guys go out with the popular girls the ones that have amazing hair and bodys usualy they go out with them for looks.

it is possible that you can find a guy that wont want to go out with the girl wiith the amazing body and perfect skin he will choose the girl that isnt so skinny and dosnt have perfect skin

its just the way guys are made

on Feb. 29 2012 at 6:14 pm
pinkpoint12 BRONZE, Highland, Utah
Actually right now I like a guy who's girlfriend is blonde and blue eyed... and I'm brunette and green eyed! And she's definitely not good enough for him :( 

on Feb. 15 2012 at 3:08 pm
VintageLove-YoungArtist, BROOKLYN, New York

"We buy our way out of jail, but we can't buy freedom"- Kanye West

Well, guys are just made that way. Why are girls so confused? Why are girls cunfusing? We have to answer these things about ourselves, also. I think that guys want a pretty girl to feel better about themselves and they're just for show. I feel that every girl is going to be attractive to someone else. If the guy doesn't want to be with you because he likes blonde hair and blue eyes, it's probably because that's his preference. It's not that he isn't capable of liking a girl like you, but it's because he likes another type of girl. Same way girls do guys. We like cute boy, but why? We only get hurt in the end, maybe some of us get lucky and keep a satisfied heart.

on Feb. 8 2012 at 11:07 pm
hanna.fofanna BRONZE, Wasilla, Alaska

“The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes str

Ha, when I saw the tittle of this artical I just HAD to read it! Boys are very much confusing in that way... haha but this is coming from a blonde hair, blue eyed athlete o_o.... Lol

on Feb. 8 2012 at 1:43 pm
soulofdamnation BRONZE, Decatur, Illinois
i agree but as a male i would have to say the same for girls knowing from experience and much psychological researcher's papers girls as well as guys are indescisive.

Destiny2 said...
on Feb. 6 2012 at 10:09 am
Destiny2, Doha, Other

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new". Albert Einstein

Pretty good article, many girls that are falling head over heals for a guy could relate. Though, honestly, what your saying isn't completely true. Guys don't only follow the blond girl, like girls, it depends on their type of finding a girl that is "pretty". Though your idea is clear and I believe many can relate! :)

on Jan. 31 2012 at 12:29 am
SilverZelenia BRONZE, Briggs, Texas

"The only thing to fear is fear itself." -Franklin D. Roosevelt
"The price of being a sheep is boredom. The price of being a wolf is loneliness. Choose one or the other with great care." - Hugh Macleod

Okay, speaking as a natural blonde with blue eyes who hasn't yet broke a hundred pounds... They don't ALWAYS go for the looks, and the ones that do, as was said before, generally aren't worth the time of day. Just being a blonde doesn't mean you're popular, either. ;) But, I tend to agree with the main gist of the article, guys are incredibly confusing. Not all of them are jerks, though, just remember that! :)

on Jan. 29 2012 at 4:58 pm
Mantequilla SILVER, Eagan, Minnesota
Sequel: Girls, why are they so confusing? One minute they like you, the next they don't. Jk. ;) this is true though. Guys are weird. Nice work. =)

emilyg007 said...
on Jan. 29 2012 at 10:32 am
emilyg007, Concord, California
I love how relatable this piece is. Beautifully written and every girl can relate . Great job!

on Jan. 28 2012 at 9:55 am
beautifulspirit PLATINUM, Alpharetta, Georgia

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Well, while I do understand where you are coming from, I have to say that this is not the case everywhere in the world. Each culture has their own idea of pretty and what is beautiful. And guys don't just only go for the blondes. But I do agree that this is a stereotype that should be broken---what should matter more is on the inside.

iheartz BRONZE said...
on Jan. 24 2012 at 10:19 am
iheartz BRONZE, Tulsa, Oklahoma

searching for answers in a world that answers none of them at all, or My heart can't possibly break when it wasn't even whole to start with- kelly clarkson

i've noticed that if you look hard enough and don't hide (not saying you do) and show your true self, you should be you and get someone like your self. my boyfriend is the same as me....... just be yourslef... he got made fun of 'cuz hes goth, so did i for the same reasons.... him being himself and me being myslef is what got us together........... be yourself and you'll get yours :) trust me....

iheartz BRONZE said...
on Jan. 24 2012 at 10:10 am
iheartz BRONZE, Tulsa, Oklahoma

you were a lot nicer than I was...... sorry but i look at the gu inside...yeah it'd be nice if they dont have a huge mole on their nose. but for me its th guys personality... my bf right niw is nice, and yes he is hot but what made me like him was what he was like :)

ILYSME said...
on Jan. 23 2012 at 10:26 pm
ILYSME, Seattle, Washington

I don't lie because lying is a cowardly move. It takes courage to tell the truth

I understand that but its just the fact that he stares at her and asked for a bj. I understand that guys are its just... guys like him. I was a little harsh saying that and i shouldn't have been, and I apologize.

on Jan. 23 2012 at 7:43 pm
DavidBliss BRONZE, Upper Marlboro, Maryland

Since We are all different, We are truly all the same!

you have to understand that guys are a lot more visual than girls ( its been proven.) In general, guys look at appearances , then when they get to know that girl, that's when they decide if they like them or not. But for girls, guys don't display as much as girls, ( body parts) so girls tend to mature faster and have to rely on other things to find that they like in a guy rather than physical features.

ILYSME said...
on Jan. 18 2012 at 7:56 pm
ILYSME, Seattle, Washington

Yeah I agree but that guy has problems. I feel a little bad saying that but he has problems

on Jan. 17 2012 at 1:46 pm
bennyB PLATINUM, Memphis, Tennessee
I find this comment rather wierd becasue were I go to school I think is the opposite, I find it rather hard to find a girl to like me or that likes me