Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

on Nov. 24 2011 at 7:04 pm
lizziebear BRONZE, Magnolia, Texas

I love the way I can be haveing the worst day of my life and simply talking to you completely changes my mood<3

Most guys are stupid because they can't pick Thea right girls

kksexi12 said...
on Nov. 24 2011 at 3:54 pm

hey....... luve this one so much i read it evry time i get on......... happy thaksgiving to the world and thos of u in it with me...... be thankful b-cuz there will always be 1 person out there for me.......girlz there is a guy willing 2 take u 4 u......... there are girlz willing to take u 4 u..... no matter who u r.......  :)   :)   :)   :)  

even if it doesn't seem it we all love each other  lol, wer all do......... tho i admit guyz can be confusing.   ;)     have a gr8 day world.......dont be :( be :)

on Nov. 23 2011 at 8:55 am
pens-are-mightier-than-swords SILVER, Caledonia, Michigan

"we often put up walls not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down"
~Author Unknown

Don't worry! Yes, in the movies, they always go for the gorgeous girls, but since when has hollywood ever reflected reality? I hope you find a great guy who likes you for who you are!

on Nov. 19 2011 at 9:44 pm
pinkleopard BRONZE, Drewsey, Oregon

Good, Better, Best never let it rest until your good is better and your better is best.

It doesn't matter what color your hair is or what color your eyes are if a guy can't except you for who you are then he's probably not worth it. I have noticed that guys also go after your personality too.

on Nov. 16 2011 at 6:57 pm
crazychick4341, Utah

I'm the captain of our cheer squad, and I'm definately the "cheerleader" type. I'm blonde with blue eyes, I'm skinny, I'm popular and I'm super smart (I'm in all advanced classes). But nobody except ONE guy is "falling head-over-heels for me" or has even gone out with me, and he's the quarterback, but I've known him for awhile and we went out before either of us got very popular. So, you can't say that they ALWAYS go for the cheerleader type.

There's a saying: Girls are like apples on a tree, boys go for the ones that are easy to reach. (It's self-explanitory)

on Nov. 15 2011 at 3:11 pm
The_Earl_of_Zerces PLATINUM, Waukesha, Wisconsin

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
-Sigmund Freud

Thank you (Straightens dress-jacket)

on Nov. 14 2011 at 10:44 pm
sophza PLATINUM, Sacramento, California

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ~Ferris Bueller

Brunettes outnumber blondes on our cheer team, and the majority are super funny and smart. However, the cheer captain has a smile so big that looks like it will BITE YOUR HEAD OFF not even joking. She kinda scares me...

on Nov. 14 2011 at 10:37 pm
sophza PLATINUM, Sacramento, California

Witty comeback good sir! Bravo! Encore!

on Nov. 9 2011 at 1:08 pm
This paragraph is not realistic at all. Yes, I agree that in the movie's the Blonde cheerleaders are always the ones who get the boys. That's not how it is in real life at all. In reality, boys don't care what color your hair or eye's are. If they like you, then they so be it. If not, get over it and move on. Everyone is beautiful in their own way, and blonde har doesn't say anything about how a person acts.

kksexi12 said...
on Nov. 8 2011 at 9:40 pm

I can agree, but now that I look at it from a new perspective i say that it isn't always true. boys going through puberty look for girlls who just so happen to have more shapeliness.

They will find out what they are missing out on. My boyfriend told me once If they don't like you, they aren't good enough.

That was then but I still believe it,

i will always love you tristan no matter what.

kksexi12 said...
on Nov. 8 2011 at 5:53 pm

Okay, I apologize for sounding like such a snotty brat. Please excuse my behavior. Sorry about that happenning so many times, they probably just thought they wanted something else and may have gotten turned down themselves.

Just trying to be helpful. At least you moved on, so.   :)    (:

on Nov. 8 2011 at 12:54 pm
Musicalartist, Xxxxx, Other
being blonde has nothing to do with it!  I promise you!

on Nov. 8 2011 at 12:53 pm
Musicalartist, Xxxxx, Other

i also hate how in all the movies the blonde is the evil one.

on Nov. 8 2011 at 12:53 pm
Musicalartist, Xxxxx, Other

i agree with what you are trying to say, but please forget the BLONDE and BLUE eyes part!

I'm blonde with teal eyes and i have only had one boyfriend.

I know many girls with brown hair and green eyes that have tons of boyfriends.

But i do get what you are saying.  Boys go for the popular and pretty girls instead of the ones that are nice and perfect for them.

Love16 GOLD said...
on Nov. 7 2011 at 7:14 pm
Love16 GOLD, Roanoke, Virginia

Psalm 23.

It's happened five times to me. And I get on frequently.

paybax1598 said...
on Nov. 7 2011 at 7:08 pm
i agree, i have blonde hair and blue eyes, and theres nothing wrong with that... there are little to no "popular" girls at my school with blonde hair and blue eyes.  They almost all have dark features.  Ive never had a boyfriend and they have had more than i can count

kksexi12 said...
on Nov. 7 2011 at 9:42 am
P.S. How often do you get on teenink?

kksexi12 said...
on Nov. 7 2011 at 9:37 am
You are right but you can't actually understand the pain until you have experienced it.  So.. has that happenned to you before?? Actually I suppose you could undertsnad it. 

on Nov. 5 2011 at 6:08 pm

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
-Sigmund Freud

(Reads post)

(Blinks)

(Reads post again)

(Looks at audience)

(Looks back)

Madam, what chemicals are you taking?

on Nov. 5 2011 at 6:00 pm

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
-Sigmund Freud

Madam, I take great offense to that statement. I happen to know exactly what I want, and furthermore, she doesn't even remotely fit this stereotype that the author has portrayed. And if you're going to bring up my intelligence, do you know anything about the Banach-Tarski Paradox, or Heim Theory, or Happy Prime numbers? Hm?