Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

Lil Seezy said...
on Sep. 7 2011 at 9:31 am
Your hair color doesn't decide if your hot or not. I'm a male model and when I work with girls, most of the time they are brunettes.

$inamon said...
on Aug. 31 2011 at 9:37 am
Theres no need to go into detail. all us guys need is a pretty face and some nice curves to like a girl. if you got that, youll find a guy trust me.

on Aug. 31 2011 at 9:36 am
So True! Guy are so dumb!

on Aug. 31 2011 at 9:33 am

GUYS ARE CONFUSING CAUSE THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY WANT!

on Aug. 19 2011 at 1:39 am
StrictlyWorse BRONZE, Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania

"I am gonna make it through this year, if it kills me" -John Darnielle

Why, it's not meant as a statement of offense or fact. It's easier to place that as the archetype for the "pretty girls" for the sake of the article being more accessable. I'm not saying you have no right to be offended, just that the author obviously means no offense to any person who actually has blonde hair and blue eyes.

on Aug. 18 2011 at 9:29 pm
dreamer11 BRONZE, Plano, Texas

Twenty years from now, it won't matter what kind of shoes you wore, how expensive your jeans were, or how you your hair looked. What will matter is what you learned and how you used it. -Unknown

I know how the author is just making a generalization, but I'm a blue-eyed blonde and I kind of take offense to that

on Aug. 15 2011 at 5:56 pm
megsloveslions GOLD, Thomasville, Pennsylvania

Live like there's no tommorow

Yeha I think its more of tht ppl think of cheerleaders as blonde, blue eyed, and sorta bratty or popular or whatever, like in chic flicks and stuff. But I agree with you, my best friend is a cheerleader and she's really nice, but there are some that I no that can be really bratty, so it depends on the person and you shouldn't judge ppl by whether they are a cheerleader or not.

on Aug. 15 2011 at 5:53 pm

Live like there's no tommorow

Haha but true! lol

on Aug. 11 2011 at 5:58 pm
that is soooo true if u dnt wear things to expose urself its like u never get any cool guy. But in truth and fact when some of the populars reach in the world its like they never exsisted!! AT ALL and the nerds so to speak are the ones you hear about.

on Aug. 11 2011 at 12:48 pm
RandomInspiration GOLD, Schulenburg, Texas

Laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live <3

Lmao the colorblind thing is hilarious!

on Aug. 11 2011 at 3:10 am

You're taking the "blonde hair blue eyes" thing too literally. It's just the standard stereotypical archetype for an attractive female in America. The author is speaking in generalities. Of course some guys are going to be attracted to girls of varying hair and eye color, that's not the point of this article.

on Aug. 3 2011 at 10:41 pm
JeremyHerbert PLATINUM, Fairview Park, Ohio

Well thank you for that, but I might disagree.  I think it just depends on the guy.  I know older guys, from college and onward, that only want the two-dimensional type that can't even keep up in conversation.

Basically, superficiality isn't usually a phase.  If a guy is superficial, likely he'll stay that way.

Now the good news is that there are many of us who don't subscribe to that theory.

on Aug. 3 2011 at 8:06 pm
emolover95 GOLD, Park City, Utah

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

Dr. Jones, thank you for that. I feel like your really mature. I think that boys, in general, (sorry) date the "cheerleaders" for fun but what they really want for their future is a girl with brains. So this is only temporarily. This is a nice topic.

on Jul. 28 2011 at 9:35 pm
DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware

"There’s no such thing as true love, just spurts of insanity—falling over and over again, thinking that won’t happen to me"

haha I loved this statement.

on Jul. 28 2011 at 6:29 pm
er...i have brown hair and dark eyes and i was at the mall and this guy turned to his friend and said shes hot...so this isnt exactly true

on Jul. 28 2011 at 4:01 pm

This is an awfully broad generalization.  I see some truth in it, but it gives some of us guys a bad name.

And my response is that you almost certainly don't want the guy that goes for the blonde, superficial, holier-than-thou cheerleader.  It's obvious his taste needs some refinement.

on Jul. 28 2011 at 3:47 pm
andromeda13 SILVER, Barrie, Other
i have blonde hair and blue eyes and guys aren't always falling over me??? don't really get that part but good article anyway 

on Jul. 26 2011 at 8:46 pm
CookieMonsterAttacks SILVER, Grand Rapids, Michigan

"I called you a lady, 'cause you're fat!" ~ Gracie G.

I live in an area with lots of Dutch descendents, and pretty much everyone has blond hair. Boys like me because I'm different and more "exotic" looking, (info from my guy friend,) unlike all these dutch girls.

on Jul. 26 2011 at 8:44 pm

The American standard of beauty is busty, blond, tall, with blue eyes. Hence, Marilyn Monroe. It's just a stereotype though, so don't feel offended.

on Jul. 22 2011 at 11:47 am
With-the-Wolves BRONZE, Waco, Texas
Hey! Have you ever even bothered to get to know a cheerleader. I'm a cheerleader and I have the best grades in my class.  Actually, most everyone on the JH squad is really smart and nice