Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

on Oct. 20 2011 at 10:44 am
I think its because of your exclamation points

Kimiah said...
on Oct. 20 2011 at 10:36 am
^ This is why boys only like the blonde girls. They know how to talk.

daughterofeve14 BRONZE, Adger, Alabama

You quit once, you'll quit again! -Tyler Austin Evans.

I know how it feels. Im brunette, and I have a boyfriend of almost a year. He talks to all the blondes just being nice. Most girls in our school are blonde. I know hes just friends, but sometimes I cant help but to get a little upset.

twixx15 said...
boys are such imature jerks except maybe 1 or 2 :) any who biys are just going through their puberty and still like to judge certain things like girls such as myself!!!!!!!!!!

kksexi12 said...
s----e----x---!!!

HaveFaith said...
on Oct. 3 2011 at 12:33 am
I am a blue eyed blonde and I totally love the stereotype. Not saying I'm the most beautiful model in the world or anything, it's just, people generalize us as pretty.

GinaGeorge said...
on Oct. 3 2011 at 12:31 am
I love you

Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other

"One day, your life will flash before your eyes; make sure it's worth watching."

Ok well first of all if he's talking dirty idk if u really want to b with him...and if he's already asked someone else out he's s total player. U could go ask him out of ur confident but be aware that the chance he breaks ur heart is huge.

Thx thts helps me alot because this guy i like he asked if i had a crush on him i said yes i don;t know if i was supposed to ask him out at tht point but he didn't give me the answer i wanted and then he like asking me dirty question and he asked out my firend i just introduced he to and when i asked why he did he said he's testing him i dont get i need help. did i do something wrong becuz a guy has never asked a question like tht and i have a lot of guys friends i need advice 

K.M.S.Shear BRONZE, Cherokee, Iowa

"Some people think writing is a waist of their time. For me it’s a way to draw an image of myself through the painting of words."

What you say is ture. Some guys are just shy. I'm friends with mostly everyone. Mabye the guys at me school are just scared to admit they like us less popular girls. They just need time to get the courage.

kksexi12 said...
on Sep. 23 2011 at 11:15 am
 but most guys do, keep that in mind...girls like me feel bad because there really isnt anything bad abt me but I am still alone.

kksexi12 said...
on Sep. 23 2011 at 11:12 am
 i think your the only guy though.  guys like you are rare and girls like me want someone like that. mostly if a blonde dont give a guy you-know-what then they go for us brunettes only for you-know-what.

kksexi12 said...
on Sep. 23 2011 at 11:10 am
 because guys like the cute sexi blondes more than brunettes

on Sep. 23 2011 at 9:03 am
LoveMe77 BRONZE, Crossvillage, Michigan

Dont let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

This was a very touching piece of writing. Im so sorry to hear this. Boys can be confusing. But im a blonde with blue eyes and i haft to admitt that guys do go for them. But its not just for their looks. Some guys like me for my personality because im not a cheerleader or anything. Im just me. myself and i.

Arr1ng70n said...
it seems like almsot all guys are like this! I have brown hair, green eyes, imperfect skin, curvy (which most guys in my grade flock to the small no hips type), and am in a special class due to my high IQ, i love to write. I can get a guy if i want..( three guys asked me out within the last three weeks) but i often come in contact with the sexist type guys who float to the pretty blondes. ( i mean no disrespect to you blondes i used to be blonde too, before my hair darkened. ) I know that someday, the right guy will find me and like me for who i am. I'm not worried.

StephanieY BRONZE, Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
yeah it doesnt matter what color hair......i hate all the pops lol

Meggy129 BRONZE, Hebron, Illinois
Why are the blondes the ones always getting bagged on. It doesn't matter what hair color or eye color you have. There could be girls that have brown hair and be a cheerleader. Just because you have blonde hair doesn't mean your some ditzy person. I personally think that after a while guys do go for personality over looks. But lets face it, and this goes for everyone, that you have to have some sort of physical attraction to someone otherwise it won't work. Maybe it's shallow but its just the way it goes. Someone could not be attracted to someone that somebody else could be. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I truely believe that statement.

Love16 GOLD said...
Love16 GOLD, Roanoke, Virginia

Psalm 23.

I think that is a little sextist. Most men, granted, are like that. But the other majority that aren't like them don't get credit. Now I'm one of those guys raised to know that the personality defines a girl, not the basic appearances that they show. Truthfully, I don't like cheerleaders. They think that they are all that when they are just the smae as everyone else put on this planet. And movies are just people pretending in a somewhat lifelike situation for your entertainment and enjoyment.

ok so i know what you mean by this and yeah a lot of the time we girls feel this way. The truth is, and I've noticed, guys just wanna have fun. Usually by the time they get to grade 11 or 12 that whole aspect dies down and they'll start falling for the character. I actually think it's not too horrible if they fall for the so-called "Pretty Girls" when we are grade 8-10 because when they get tired with that, they realize real relationship material is in the more down-to-earth girls, and when the relationship starts later, there's more of a chance it'll really work out, and they won't keep saying to themselves "what if i'd been with someone prettier, or sexier, or..etc" they'll appreciate the girl they have for everything she is, and that's truly amazing in her own, unique way :) <3

alexandria1124 BRONZE, Nowhere., Kentucky
Teen movies are ruining us.