Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

corri123 said...
on Feb. 10 2010 at 1:38 pm
i know for real first you like this girl then you dont like her and you go out with some other girl. make up your mind and dont play a girl like that she will come back well you dont want to know what she will do it is that bad!!!!!

on Feb. 6 2010 at 8:50 pm
Isawyouyesterday GOLD, Cincinnati, Ohio
I don't appreciate when people generalize that all girls with blond hair and blue eyes are shallow because I have those features naturally and I feel that people are always putting me down because of it

on Feb. 6 2010 at 9:20 am
bass_rockrgrl13 PLATINUM, Burlington, Massachusetts
I agree completely! Boys can be such jerks. The popular cheerleaders are only popular because they make fun of the gothic girl who plays the bass, or me.

Just because people are different on the outside, they need to have their personality examined first. Some unattractive-looking girls are sweet and sincere, unlike the populars can be.

Good job on this article!!! =)

iNERDY BRONZE said...
on Feb. 6 2010 at 12:18 am
iNERDY BRONZE, Sparks, Nevada

"Reader, suppose you were an idiot, but you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself"~Mark Twain

well i definately feel where ur coming from. Cuz i'm not blonde-haired oOR blue eyed. In fact i'm not even Caucasian! Its different if u go out with a girl who looks like that because u ginuinely like her, its another do date her just because of the way she looks.

on Feb. 4 2010 at 8:05 pm
VampiericRain GOLD, Amarillo, Texas

Would you like a side of epic with that fail?

I agree. If you show who you really are youll find someone thats just the right match for you. Although at my school, if your blonde, you get stared at. Dont know why though. I'm not saying that I really care looks about that kind of stuff. I'm not all that popular with the guys, but nearly all of them know my name, which sorta freaks me out because I only hang out with a small group of friends.

Belina BRONZE said...
on Feb. 4 2010 at 3:47 pm
Belina BRONZE, Sherwood, Arkansas

"Just find your pride and keep on grinding cause within every dark cloud there is a silver lining" -Lil Wayne.

Well I have black hair and hazel eyes and I usually get all the popular guys, but im not shallow i believe that if you have a wonderful personality that will always shine through, plus a good connection always matters.

on Feb. 2 2010 at 5:29 pm
talia_is_happy GOLD, Amarillo, Texas

"The people who mind- don't matter, and the people who matter- don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

Lovestruck ladies? I must say, that's cheezy- even for me. But it was cute, and I'm glad you feel that way.

on Feb. 2 2010 at 4:15 pm
VampiericRain GOLD, Amarillo, Texas

I'm blonde and blue eyed and I don't really care about boys. No offense, but some bots are just there to get the girls and make a big deal out of breaking their hearts in a few weeks anyway. I like how you wrote this. It shows how some girls think. Good job!

on Jan. 29 2010 at 3:56 pm
Vanished BRONZE, Change, Colorado
Good evening, lovestruck ladies. I am fain to sing that superificial boys are the ones to avoid. I feel respect for girls, and if you would like an honest perspective from a boy, please read my story, "Razed Expectaions". Click on my name. Thank you, and good luck!

on Jan. 26 2010 at 10:15 pm
SoaringToEdensPhantomHome SILVER, Erie, Pennsylvania

"I have always been amazed at the way an ordinary observer lends so much more credence and attaches so much more importance to waking events than to those occurring in dreams... Man... is above all the plaything of his memory." -Andre Breton

I'm not sure it's always the same when it comes to guys liking the blond hair blue eyed girl. Trust me, because I have blond hair, and I have blue eyes, and guys aren't always all over me. Haha. So it really depends I guess where you live, and what type of guys live near you. And I agree with the guys, because girls are pretty much the same. We do stereo type based on looks, where we should be getting to know the person your crushing on. Looks really aren't everything, and guys and girls both should really give it a thought.

blondiesue said...
on Jan. 24 2010 at 5:27 pm
well i'm blonde hair blue eyes and tanned and i get tons of guys but i think guys do that cuz it makes them feel like their something but their are guys who like girls that don't have blonde hair and blue eyes it just takes time

BellaVamp said...
on Jan. 23 2010 at 8:18 am
Gosh, you are SO right! I have green eyes, dark hair and pale skin, but boys always go for the tanned, blond, blue-eyed girls. I know this guy, he really likes me, but he says he loves this blond, tan girl. I'm actually really good friends with her, but I've been adoring that boy for ages, and I genuinely love him. I'm scared she'll be his choice, even though I KNOW I'm prettier than her.

XoXoRennie said...
on Jan. 17 2010 at 11:52 am
yeah very true but if you TRULY luv this gurl go 4 her nd try 2 find out y she hasnt listened to you. For all you know she might have issues of her own just like u

on Jan. 8 2010 at 11:41 pm
loveibanez BRONZE, Maumee, Ohio

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!" -Ben Franklin

Ha, sorry, I just read this kid's comment, and I had to throw my two cents in-- Believe me, boy-- my school needs a few more like you. You do sound like a great guy, so go get'er! And a nice article, VirginiaSoul, good topic, try adding more 'meat' to it and expanding... it could go far.

Portlynne said...
on Jan. 4 2010 at 12:10 pm
Great point

on Dec. 26 2009 at 8:34 pm
SerenityMine BRONZE, Not Saying, California
VirginiaSoul, I think it's really cool that you wrote it about the brunette with brown eyes even though she's not you (she's me!) :D But I'm not complaining. Actually at my school it's not the blonde cheerleaders all the guys like... it's weird. And I think we only have two blonde cheerleaders. Lol. :)

mcw_816 SILVER said...
on Dec. 26 2009 at 12:29 pm
mcw_816 SILVER, Short Hills, New Jersey
great point. i was just thinking about this yesterday. i feel like the shallower guys are also the guys usually bold enough to ask girls out, especially the ones on the younger side.

on Dec. 25 2009 at 10:08 pm
falling-rain GOLD, Layton, Utah

Getr done!
larry the cable guy

i absolutley agree with you! that is something that i plan on living by . (the whole love will find you thing.)

on Dec. 25 2009 at 10:04 pm
falling-rain GOLD, Layton, Utah

Getr done!
larry the cable guy

i agree that you have no intention on hurting any ones feelings. thoug i will agree that the girls are the same way. any way i absolutely love your stuff keep it up. it speaks the truth. also, don't get offended by others comments, the only thing that matters are YOUR thoughts. smile :)

on Dec. 23 2009 at 3:05 pm
ScarletLux SILVER, East Brunswick, New Jersey

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out."

I can equally make a rant about girls but to be honest I agree with you. Many of my fellow men are shallow, but I guarantee you, unless you live in an area with a population of 500 there is a boy that doesn't just go for the cheerleader. All people need to do is realize that he won't be "A material", he won't be on the Football team of some really hot looking guy. Both sides of the argument, in my experiance, are hypocrites.