Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

on Apr. 28 2010 at 10:47 pm
lunar_moon BRONZE, Austin, Texas

"If you think you can you can, and if you think you can't, you're right." -Mary Kay Ash

Alright, one, NOT ALL CHEERLEADERS ARE BRAINLESS. They actually have to get good grades to be on the team.

Second, a movie is a movie. These things do happen in life, just not in a 1 and a half hour montage, and not as dramatic.

Guys have different tastes okay? The "popular" guys have different reasons for liking the "blonde cheerleaders." A majority are just idiots who do drugs or drink, and they relate to the other "popular" gruggies.

on Apr. 28 2010 at 3:49 pm
Lissa239 SILVER, Immokalee, Florida

"A Drunk Mans' Words Are A Sober Mans'Thought's "

Guys go 4 girls they are interested in...and if they don't think u meet their standards, than dats that. Its life, and girls do the SAME thing with guys, they're just not noticing that!!!!!

on Apr. 27 2010 at 9:48 pm
foreverever008 BRONZE, Portland, Oregon
Well, I don't know so much about the "blound-hair~blue-eyes~cheerleader" stereotype (although I know that's not what you were trying to prove by this article.)  But it does seem like some guys (some!) do go by looks alone.  The dude who sits next to me in one of my classes told me that he prefers hot, petite Asian girls.  That's it.

on Apr. 27 2010 at 9:12 pm
Rebecca Heilweil BRONZE, Not Your Business, New York
I disagree. The blonde and blue eyed concept is really a stereotype, I don't know about you, but in my school, there's no real set ideal about who is pretty and who isn't. There are many people who have blonde hair, blue eyes but aren't popular, as well as there are brunettes, and pretty much any background that are popular.

on Apr. 27 2010 at 9:52 am
AnonyMOUSE BRONZE, Canon City, Colorado
And by the way, the attractiveness I meantioned is not only physical. Its based on a wide variety of things

on Apr. 27 2010 at 9:50 am
AnonyMOUSE BRONZE, Canon City, Colorado
Haha, you've got it all wrong. Guys don't go for a girl just cause she's blonde, or just becuase she's a cheerleader, or just because she's "Popular". Guys go for whichever girl they find the most attractive, and we tend to dismiss those who we don't as anything more than friends. Therefore, if there aren't any guys drooling over you at your school, what are you worried about? It just means that they aren't interested and that you'll find a guy that is someday and you'll be that much better for not messing with guys who don't really love you. =D -straight from the mouth of a guy who knows.

on Apr. 26 2010 at 8:18 pm
Green_machine01 BRONZE, Hinton, West Virginia

"Love is like the wind, you cant see it but u can feel it"--A Walk To Remember

I dont think guys go for the blonde cheerleaders that are snobby. Guys like girls that relate to them and are yes some what good looking. Would you ever date some nasty gross guy? of course not! Ive dated enough guys to know that they like girls mostly for personality. Looks are just always a plus. Is there any guy out there that only dates blonde bimbos?! I didnt thinkso.

luvdance said...
on Apr. 25 2010 at 10:30 pm
Guys don't typically go for a girl's hair color and if they do then they are shallow. And another thing is I don't like cheerleaders being stereotyped cause I am one and we aren't all blonde and blue eyed.

on Apr. 25 2010 at 8:18 pm
angela15 SILVER, Mississauga, Other

Guy's don't fall for a girl's hair colour.

xDNiamh said...
on Apr. 24 2010 at 4:12 pm

i know where you're coming from with the whole, "why do boys only go for pretty girls?" its annoying and so true, especially if you're my age, which is 15. but i have blonde hair and blue eyes, and i am NOT one of those "pretty" girls. i think its stereotypical to think that all blonde girls are dumb and pretty and get whoever they want.. i've never had a proper boyfriend!

and as for boys always going for the pretty girls.. they're immature and they don't realise that personality is what really matters and you need to get to know someone first before dating them. at least that what i hope.

god men are weird.

LaughsAlone said...
on Apr. 23 2010 at 11:18 pm
Uh, you kinda just called blondes and people with blue eyes a bunch of names...I'm both (although I'm dirty blond; not really the same) and that's not exactly something I chose or could help!  You're saying blondes don't deserve nice guys? And I've never seen guys prefer girls with those features anyway...not saying it doesn't happen, though... I'm pretty much an art geek, or would be called one, and not pretty at all despite having the features you stereotype as pretty, most of the 'popular' girls at my school are brunette...all the cheerleaders at our school have brown hair. You kinda acted like we are a different, undeserving species :/

on Apr. 22 2010 at 6:35 pm
NervousBreakdown BRONZE, Summerlin, Nevada

Perfection is simply just an illusion

i totally get what ur saying but, to me, this seems kinda like ur kinda stereotyping all guys. in my opinion it sounds like ur writing about all the players in the world (or well some of them). like dont get me wrong, ur writing was amazing i just dont agree with ur opinion.

on Apr. 21 2010 at 2:12 pm
chewie. i hope you get this.....i agree. lets talk. 8043863152

on Apr. 17 2010 at 2:02 pm
EmoToboe BRONZE, Kemp, Texas

When you've lost it all.......That's when you finally realize.....That life is BEAUTIFUL

By the way, if you click my name. The poem I posted was inspired by a girl who was likely shallow, but she knew how to play my heart.

Later she cheated on me, even after I'd defended her name, when my best friend told me that she was unfaithful. And well...words slipped out that I wish never would have. I never saw her after that. No she didn't commit suicide, she moved before I apologized

on Apr. 17 2010 at 1:56 pm
EmoToboe BRONZE, Kemp, Texas

Sorry, but I disagree.

First of all, maybe it's just me, but I'd preferr a woman with darker hair. But that doesn't matter, what matters is who the girl is, i.e. personality.

Secondly, although some men are shallow, not all are.

Finally, women can be just as shallow as men, of course not all women are shallow. But simply for the fact that I'm "unique" and I have possibly every culture in Europe and West Asia running in my genetics, most women seem to avoid me. Maybe it's just me but the fact that the girl I've been admiring for 3-4 years rejects me really is starting to mess with my head.

I'm sorry if you have felt similar pain, and I hope you don't overlook your special someone.

on Apr. 14 2010 at 9:43 pm
trumpetgirl711, Tucson, Arizona
Or they go for the skinny girls and see no beauty in the bigger girls.

on Apr. 11 2010 at 2:12 pm
MaliyahP. SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

There are pirate ships and steam ships but the best ship of all is friendship.

I absolutely, 100% AGREE with you. That happens at my school too. Although, it is the skinny girl that gets the guy which confuses me in any way possible. I mean, why can't a big boned, curly haired, yet still have a personality of their own get the guy? So confusing...nice writing too:)

on Apr. 9 2010 at 9:30 pm
deardiary BRONZE, Saskatoon, Other

It is a truth universally acknowedged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. -Pride and Prejudice

I have to say,its not all the guys fault they may look on the outside first. THe media tends to make looks matter the most, and the pressure to be w/ the popular and pretty girl and to climb the social ladde is always great. U looks can tell a prsn alot bout u tho. Sorry, maybe not ur looks but ur stlye.If ur dressin in vogue, or diff then everyone else it cud mean ur origianl and creative. If u dress s***ty it wud mean ur only looking for one thing. So i guess,ur appearance can matter in a sense.I think girls can be just as shallow tho.I have to admit, i even ignore the not so attractive guys sometimes :s

on Apr. 9 2010 at 7:21 pm
Loveeyouu_x3 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

okay , i feel like im soooo aloneeeeeeeee !

guys in my school only like the thick girls with big b**bs and butts . they dont care if there ugly , if they just gotta have the curves .

me ? i dont have an curvess and idk if im beautiful , i dont feel that way . but now they dont go for the blonde and blue eyed cheerleaders unless theyy havee a hugee a** or bog breasts .

i understand hormones , but what hapened to actually looking at the girls face once in a while ?

and im not trying to be stereotypical , but all the sl**s in my school are notttt thinn and arent beautiful at all , ouutside or in

i think what makes a girl beautiful is her personality , and when a girls a big sl*** , then shes not beautiful to me at all .

i get why guys like thse kinda girls , but whatever happened to the skinny , beautiful , nice , and smart girls ?

on Apr. 9 2010 at 4:06 pm
ShaunShaefron BRONZE, Farmington Hills, Michigan

Never let the shadow of a failure block the sunshine of success.

While I understand the thoughts you're trying to convey, on some points I strongly disagree.  I think that the whole 'blond-haired blue-eyed being the most beautiful' thing is a stereotype.

I prefer brown-haired girls in most instances, and that's still personal preference, but to me it doesn't seem like guys only go for the blondes.  The majority of the cheerleaders and popular girls at my school have brown hair.  Also cheerleader =/= popular.  Cheerleading isn't always a whorish 'sport,' some people actually enjoy it.  Personally, I think it is sort of demeaning in a way, but a lot of girls do it just for the fun of it.

Boys don't only go for blond-haired, blue-eyed girls.  Sorry to be so 'mean,' but please stop feeling sorry for yourself and blaming everyone else for your confusion and misery.