Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

on Jul. 16 2010 at 4:40 pm
tianaxbiddy SILVER, Wareham, Massachusetts

"Plot is character revealed by action."

-Aristotle

i c ur point hun........i call every1 hun hope it doesnt bother u. i tend to call ppl i dont kno hun the most. but wen guys do that it makes no sense sometimes but then again it does.

on Jul. 8 2010 at 5:40 pm
Bulletproofkid BRONZE, Vero Beach, Florida

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstien

Oops! I have no idea why it got copied! LOL post fail?

on Jul. 8 2010 at 5:39 pm

Yeah must of us are. But there are those who are sensitive. I don't mean the ones who get punched in the shoulder and cry. I mean the ones who read a book and cry. Or see a sad movie and cry. I watched a movie called I Am Sam about a girl and her dad who is retarted. She is smarter than her dad. But the government wants to take her away. But the dad doesn't want to let her go. I cried while I watched that movie. I'd rather cry than bottle up that sadness in side. I wish more guys could be sensitive like me. I'm no geek, but I am no prince charming either. Just normal Joe, but not normal either. Better than normal. My point is guys can be jerks, but they also can be sensitive.

I think the reason for picking the "cute" girls, because they don't want to be made fun of. I think the guys should pick someone they truly like. Not someone they want to be with because it will make them popular. That is is just pathetic.

I hope I've made my point here.

on Jul. 8 2010 at 2:44 pm
JamieStarr GOLD, Sevierville, Tennessee

o! thats why i love you. :) i love you.

i complety understand and most guys are just big headed and idiots. but you cant just like some1 cause they are cute you have to love them inside and out. one man will find you one day and sweep u off your feet because he truly loves you. dont just give up. =)

on Jul. 7 2010 at 11:44 pm
MercedesXO DIAMOND, South Easton, Massachusetts

"I realize that life is risks. It's acknowledging the past but looking forward. It's taking chances that we will make mistakes but believeing we all deserve to be forgiven."
-The Dead Tossed Waves.

i like your comment..and i like exactly what you described. except from a girls perspective. lol. i like those guys:)

on Jul. 7 2010 at 11:42 pm

-The Dead Tossed Waves.

guys like you are so attractive. i like that you explained how your different and not alll out to get the "so called blonde sex goddess or whatever". that's cute and i like that your into girls with a personality and intelligent mind rather than just her looks.

SEE!! there are some of them out there guys. lol. extremely hard to find, ill admit.

on Jul. 7 2010 at 11:39 pm

-The Dead Tossed Waves.

i love how you put all of this and how you worded it. i liked your oppinion (and agree with you) and i also like that at the ending you still gave the writer credit for the main idea that they portrayed..guys ARE confusing. but in all honestly....arent we all?

on Jul. 7 2010 at 11:32 pm

-The Dead Tossed Waves.

Totally with you on this one.

stavi78 said...
on Jul. 7 2010 at 1:06 pm
I totally agree with this article. Right now my best friend whom i also like a lot is going after this really mean girl. She is not even pretty, or smart, and she has an awful personality. I have been his good friend a while, and we totally get each other. I love him, why doesn't he feel the same? My life is a constant reenactment of "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift. Its sad. But thanks, now I know that I am not alone with this issue.

on Jul. 6 2010 at 10:38 pm
RavenBird SILVER, Battle Ground, Washington

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" ~The Fray "All at once"
"I am who I am and who i wanna be" ~Avril Lavigne

Ha, that's what i was thinking. 

on Jul. 6 2010 at 5:39 pm
MicksedReviews SILVER, Arklow, Other
we're not all like that, i personally steer clear of the type of girl you described as the "cute girls". brunettes are way hotter anyway, and tey're normally smarter and have way more depth to them. :)

on Jul. 4 2010 at 5:01 pm
emergingtalent SILVER, Riverton, Utah

Be who you are and say what you feel, Because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind. -Dr. Seuss

I agree with you one hundred percent! except, its not just boys! there are girls like that too! yes, I am female, I would know.

Bliss SILVER said...
on Jul. 4 2010 at 2:45 pm
Bliss SILVER, Poland, Ohio
yes it is! 

on Jul. 1 2010 at 7:32 pm
Kaileigh918 BRONZE, Orange Park, Florida

"There's no shortcuts to anywhere worth going"
-me

I feel sorry for the cheerleader with blonde hair and blue eyes who is reading this.

on Jun. 28 2010 at 2:11 pm
Autumn5100 PLATINUM, Islamabad, Other

All good things must come to an end.

Maybe its just me but not all cheerleaders and pretty girls are like how they are portrayed on T.V

on Jun. 27 2010 at 4:55 pm
softballchick, Waterboro, Maine

omg you girl make no sense i have red hair and brown eyes, im not a cheerleader but i know a lot of them and some of them are my good friends and none of them are what you are saying they are like.

nerdgirl818 said...
on Jun. 24 2010 at 2:56 pm

amen you do have a point

nerdgirl818 said...
on Jun. 24 2010 at 2:52 pm

ok boys are confusing...not all boys tho... but anyway they want the pretty girs maybe because if you just get to know them better they could be really funny and warm-hearted and they just act that way for social survival   and i dont really like your opinion either cause its not exactly fair i dont have bleach blonde hair but my moms a hair stylist and according to her i have blonde hair(even though its a lil darker and golder idk) and i have blue eyes so next time can you think about the other people in the world who have read this and dont feel right anymore cause you well yea you sorta dissed them so yeah plz just think about the really cool dorky and yes even cheerleader-y blonde haired blue eyed girl

thank you

on Jun. 24 2010 at 9:49 am
Liz891 PLATINUM, Endwell, New York

I don't know what to write here. :D
P.S. I'm really hyper!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a blonde with blue eyes and I would never even think about being a cheerleader. And the guy I love is going after a brunnette that doesn't love him. I agree with you that guys are confusing, but it's not always the blonde girls that get the guy.

R3iiNA said...
on Jun. 14 2010 at 8:02 pm
R3iiNA, Aurora, Colorado
i don't like your opinion because my sister she is a brunette and a cheerleader and she's pretty awesome and guys go for other things