Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

The_End GOLD said...
on May. 12 2010 at 11:09 pm
The_End GOLD, Ashton, Idaho

"Any man can stand adversity. If you truly want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln

The whole "blonde and blue-eyed" thing really stereotypes the whole thing, but all I can say for us guys is that not every guy is like that. Oh...and while this definitely applies to girls too, I have to say it's all about the choice of an individual, nothing more.

on May. 12 2010 at 10:03 pm
wildcat DIAMOND, Hopkinton, Massachusetts
i am a blonde girl with hazel eyes that change six diffenet colors, (which is irelevant i just love that fact about me and needed to share it before i made my point.) point is im not a cheerleader although i tired to be but the couc h said my back was too flexible, whatever that means, but i cant find a guy. havent had a boyfriend in about two years. I'm not popular but not a geek just person walking through the halls.... so see im one example of a blonde that doesnt get the guy....and i've had people tell me im beautiful before so, ya.

on May. 12 2010 at 10:16 am
EmoToboe BRONZE, Kemp, Texas

When you've lost it all.......That's when you finally realize.....That life is BEAUTIFUL

Why are girls so confusing?

Sometimes they are there for you, when uncontrollable, unexpressed emotions are tearing you apart from the inside, you can take it any more and you give in to an explosion of swearing an tears. She is there with a concerned look, she stands next to you after class to make sure you are ok.

Later after you have mustered all of your courage in yourself, you confess your feelings for her. You are standing there with the fluttering in your heart; hope overflowing in your eyes. It's like she never heard you, she's not even looking at you. You are pretty damn sure you aren't invisible.

You see here every day, you sit next to her in three class. She never hears you, she never sees you. It's like you're not even there.

stephxbee GOLD said...
on May. 10 2010 at 3:13 pm
stephxbee GOLD, Honolulu, Hawaii

Someone's going to hurt you at some point in your life, but it is up to you to decide who is worth it, and who is not.

I'm enjoying the fact that people can relate to what I posted (:

But yes, beauty is not based on a stereotype.

on May. 10 2010 at 2:40 pm
Jessica Avalos, Nevada, Iowa
in movies they have cheerleaders all stuck up so I think that's why people think that's the way it should be. but I'm a cheerleader and i have cheerleader friends and we aren't stuck up.

on May. 10 2010 at 2:38 pm
Jessica Avalos, Nevada, Iowa

some boys are. not all. :)

on May. 10 2010 at 2:36 pm
Jessica Avalos, Nevada, Iowa
I'm a cheerleader and i have brown hair and brown eyes. Girls always say that I have all the boys running after me but I only have eyes for one person. And having a lot of boys falling for you isn't that great anyways. It's nice to hear that you beautiful or you look nice today but... idk.

on May. 10 2010 at 2:31 pm
Jessica Avalos, Nevada, Iowa
There is because i've met some guys that are really nice and etc. I think people just need to wait the right one will come.

on May. 10 2010 at 2:29 pm
Jessica Avalos, Nevada, Iowa

true true. i think that's really stupid though.

on May. 10 2010 at 2:28 pm
Jessica Avalos, Nevada, Iowa
some guys are dumb and fall for the blonde girls because they flirt a lot.

on May. 10 2010 at 2:25 pm
Jessica Avalos, Nevada, Iowa
Yeah, it happens to a lot of girls. :(

brooklynn. said...
on May. 9 2010 at 10:02 am
brooklynn., Louisville, Kentucky
Not all guys are like that. Just like girls, there are a bunch of guys out there with great personalities. There's a huge variation to choose from! It seems like you're just looking at the ones who are snobby. Open your eyes, there's good guys everywhere, and some of them are cute too. This article's kind of degrading.

DaisyC. said...
on May. 8 2010 at 5:05 pm
DaisyC., North Bennington, Vermont

It is totally crazy how much the blond hair blue eyes sterotype has corrupted our minds!

I mean there are girls who don't look this way and therefor fell under apreciated because of it.

And there are also guys who do go for the blond haired blue eyed girls (not all just some!!!) because that what our culturwe defines as beauty.

This is totally out odf control!!!

on May. 7 2010 at 4:28 pm
Xblue_raspberryX SILVER, Greensburg, Pennsylvania

I may not be Mrs. America or popular at school, but i do a lot of nice sh** in life. I want some attention too!

so true so true stupid boys left me broken hearted. one day this guy is flirting with me next thing you know he acts like i dont even excist

Demyx said...
on May. 6 2010 at 4:15 pm
Then guys must have standards for some people thinking that they are better than anyone else! I AGREE WITH VIRGINIAHEART!!!! 

on May. 4 2010 at 11:05 pm
lunar_moon BRONZE, Austin, Texas

"If you think you can you can, and if you think you can't, you're right." -Mary Kay Ash

Wow, I usually attack other people on their spelling and grammar mistakes. But thanks for being so understanding. Also can you point out all of the mistakes made? I really only see "gruggie." Unless you are also talking about grammar mistakes as well then perhaps. I didn't really pay attention to those.

Also I did not attack boys in general about doing drugs and drinking. Pay attention to what I typed. I said "popular" boys. The quotes were so that people realize that I'm talking about the boys who think that they are "cool." (Looky-there. Just used them again.)

Oh, and I actually didn't have to look up misandrist. You are obviously a choleric person when it comes to the topic of boys. I don't understand why you took the comment so personally. Do you not think that there are boys who do drugs? Plus at my school we have a population of students that is very open to new things.

on May. 4 2010 at 8:05 pm
TheMesserSandman, West Chester, Pennsylvania

"If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Which is not a misandrist statement at all. Thank you for your patronage Ms. Moon, I can assure you that the world has been bettered by such words as "gruggie". Now exscuse me, I have to go do drugs and drink because I'm a guy.

On the bright side: at least your number of spelling mistakes wasn't a triple digit number.

on Apr. 30 2010 at 9:38 pm
Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

I agree that they can be confusing but not all of them and that's not nessarily always true. It depends on the person. They don't just go for pretty girls, they also like people who are smart, nice, and talented at something.

on Apr. 30 2010 at 12:25 pm
at are school no one reallycares about the blonde cheerleaders its all about the aswome hot brunets with balck or brown eyes! haha so this really doesnt  make sense to me. if you like the boy just tell him and maybe he likes you and if he doesnt leave him alone and get another babe(:

itsTUCK said...
on Apr. 30 2010 at 3:08 am
well, from being a guy yes, we go for the pretty ones, but every guy has a wide variety of who he thinks is attractive. some may think a girl is smokin' when another guy says "nah ill pass." it all just depends on what the guy finds attractive. another thing, you can be the most gorgeous girl on the face of the planet, but if you have the personality of a rock, most guys will move on without a second glance back. personality is a really big factor when it comes to the next step in a relationship.