"You Probably Won't Read This" | Teen Ink

"You Probably Won't Read This"

By Athena2013 PLATINUM, Meridian, Mississippi
Athena2013 PLATINUM, Meridian, Mississippi

They probably won't read this.
That is what I tell myself every time I write something about myself.
They probably won't read this.
An application, an essay, a short stoy, a love note......a poem.
It's crazy how you can bear your all in writing and yet have no one even take a second glance.
It's interesting how all of the fiction is checked out of the library, and teens greedily soak up pornography, television, radio, but never travel to the neglected poetry section. Not a second glance is given to the brightly binded books that dwell right in between the fiction and nonfiction....right next to religion.......
If some libraries equate religion with poetry, why are poets not recognized as much as prophets?
Maybe because prophets can claim divine intervention from an outside source. After all, that is safer.
So much safer than taking possession of your words and letting them glide out of you like the holy spirit out of "a prophet".
Prophets can always say that they are just relaying information.That is much safer than admitting that each of us has a prophet in us,much safer than looking within yourself for words, and MUCH SAFER than typing your opinion on some website where thousands of others will be able to see.
But then again, maybe it is safe because
you probably won't read this.