Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

on Jul. 7 2010 at 11:39 pm
MercedesXO DIAMOND, South Easton, Massachusetts

"I realize that life is risks. It's acknowledging the past but looking forward. It's taking chances that we will make mistakes but believeing we all deserve to be forgiven."
-The Dead Tossed Waves.

i love how you put all of this and how you worded it. i liked your oppinion (and agree with you) and i also like that at the ending you still gave the writer credit for the main idea that they portrayed..guys ARE confusing. but in all honestly....arent we all?

on Jul. 7 2010 at 11:32 pm

-The Dead Tossed Waves.

Totally with you on this one.

stavi78 said...
on Jul. 7 2010 at 1:06 pm
I totally agree with this article. Right now my best friend whom i also like a lot is going after this really mean girl. She is not even pretty, or smart, and she has an awful personality. I have been his good friend a while, and we totally get each other. I love him, why doesn't he feel the same? My life is a constant reenactment of "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift. Its sad. But thanks, now I know that I am not alone with this issue.

on Jul. 6 2010 at 10:38 pm
RavenBird SILVER, Battle Ground, Washington

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" ~The Fray "All at once"
"I am who I am and who i wanna be" ~Avril Lavigne

Ha, that's what i was thinking. 

on Jul. 6 2010 at 5:39 pm
MicksedReviews SILVER, Arklow, Other
we're not all like that, i personally steer clear of the type of girl you described as the "cute girls". brunettes are way hotter anyway, and tey're normally smarter and have way more depth to them. :)

on Jul. 4 2010 at 5:01 pm
emergingtalent SILVER, Riverton, Utah

Be who you are and say what you feel, Because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind. -Dr. Seuss

I agree with you one hundred percent! except, its not just boys! there are girls like that too! yes, I am female, I would know.

Bliss SILVER said...
on Jul. 4 2010 at 2:45 pm
Bliss SILVER, Poland, Ohio
yes it is! 

on Jul. 1 2010 at 7:32 pm
Kaileigh918 BRONZE, Orange Park, Florida

"There's no shortcuts to anywhere worth going"
-me

I feel sorry for the cheerleader with blonde hair and blue eyes who is reading this.

on Jun. 28 2010 at 2:11 pm
Autumn5100 PLATINUM, Islamabad, Other

All good things must come to an end.

Maybe its just me but not all cheerleaders and pretty girls are like how they are portrayed on T.V

on Jun. 27 2010 at 4:55 pm
softballchick, Waterboro, Maine

omg you girl make no sense i have red hair and brown eyes, im not a cheerleader but i know a lot of them and some of them are my good friends and none of them are what you are saying they are like.

nerdgirl818 said...
on Jun. 24 2010 at 2:56 pm

amen you do have a point

nerdgirl818 said...
on Jun. 24 2010 at 2:52 pm

ok boys are confusing...not all boys tho... but anyway they want the pretty girs maybe because if you just get to know them better they could be really funny and warm-hearted and they just act that way for social survival   and i dont really like your opinion either cause its not exactly fair i dont have bleach blonde hair but my moms a hair stylist and according to her i have blonde hair(even though its a lil darker and golder idk) and i have blue eyes so next time can you think about the other people in the world who have read this and dont feel right anymore cause you well yea you sorta dissed them so yeah plz just think about the really cool dorky and yes even cheerleader-y blonde haired blue eyed girl

thank you

on Jun. 24 2010 at 9:49 am
Liz891 PLATINUM, Endwell, New York

I don't know what to write here. :D
P.S. I'm really hyper!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a blonde with blue eyes and I would never even think about being a cheerleader. And the guy I love is going after a brunnette that doesn't love him. I agree with you that guys are confusing, but it's not always the blonde girls that get the guy.

R3iiNA said...
on Jun. 14 2010 at 8:02 pm
R3iiNA, Aurora, Colorado
i don't like your opinion because my sister she is a brunette and a cheerleader and she's pretty awesome and guys go for other things

nordgirl GOLD said...
on Jun. 14 2010 at 3:28 pm
nordgirl GOLD, Turlock, California

Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

I'm blond and have blue eyes. I'm not a cheerleader. I'm pretty much a nerd and a bookworm. I hang out with with other nerds. You shouldn't use sterotypes it just shows that you have little real world experience.

You might think that the world is like that, because of movies like Mean Girls (Well the blond girl loses the guy to a red haired person but whatever) and other books. Just because some guys date blond girls it doesn't mean every guy is looking for a blond girl.

And the title of your article doesn't really match what you wrote. If guys just chased blonds, it wouldn't be confusing at all.

lulubird1495 said...
on Jun. 14 2010 at 3:11 pm
I would like to say that this is very untrue and offensive. I am a brunette, brown eyes, and a cheerleader, and alot of blondes are actually smarter than I, I'm the brunette that should of been blonde. Guys go for personality, not looks, ask almost any guy that and they will tell you its true. maybe the cheerleaders at your school are a lot better than you give them credit for. Judging cheerleaders is very dumb btw, yes some deserve it, but for the majority, they don't. How would you like someone to judge you like that? You really ought to think about things in another perspective, so you don't affend people.

JulieeBugg said...
on Jun. 14 2010 at 2:33 pm
oops i didnt mean to do that as a reply. sorry

JulieeBugg said...
on Jun. 14 2010 at 2:32 pm

Why is everybody always hating on the cheerleaders? yes they are popular at my school because they are nice. I have blonde hair and blue eyes AND I'M A CHEERLEADER! boys don't act like this you need to see the real world instead of watching movies.

JWVon BRONZE said...
on Jun. 6 2010 at 7:17 pm
JWVon BRONZE, Atascadero, California

"So this leads me to my camera, which was hidden with my phone but was found and put here, so it's useless." - my cousin when we went on a National Treasure-esque hunt to find her phone.

I would like to say this isn't very true. I am a blonde cheerleader and I haven't been asked out once nor have I had a boyfriend and I am considered popular because most everyone knows me. I can understand you're upset about it but really in truth it always isn't the blonde cheerleaders that get guys.

on Jun. 5 2010 at 12:11 am
Daydreamer1997 BRONZE, Lompoc, California

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in procession of a large fortune must be in want of a wife- Jane Austen
I find this quote from Jane hilarious.

I find it completely the opposite. Boys at my school seem to go for the ugly and mean girls. They are together two seconds and then broken up. I guess I'm a romantic (bookworm), but that just doesn't seem right.