Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

Pineapplenat said...
on Aug. 4 2010 at 9:48 am
Pineapplenat, Manchester, Other

"Life isn't about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself"

That is so right, its really not fair, all the fit, kind, funny and popular boys go for the stupid, 'popular' girls, ie. the horrible pretty girls :( x

on Jul. 29 2010 at 8:49 am
MicksedReviews SILVER, Arklow, Other
ah i dont know, im just muddling up my words. i don't care anymore.

on Jul. 28 2010 at 8:36 pm
Smilie_Kylie_:), Colorful, Oregon

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
-Eleanor Rosevelt

ahaaha wow this is a BIT old but still...please don't generalize. See what happened when you did? Did you just think that there were no blondes that were bookworms or bunette cheerleaders? Or that cheerleaders go on this site??

on Jul. 28 2010 at 8:32 pm
Smilie_Kylie_:), Colorful, Oregon

-Eleanor Rosevelt

yeah! helllooooo? cheerleader here!!

on Jul. 28 2010 at 10:32 am
jesus_lover98 SILVER, Millington, Tennessee

you have to get through the storm to see the rainbow :)

wow. well, i go to church, and school, w/ alot of guys that r like that, out to get a gurl dumb as a stump, as long as she's hot, they dont care. but i admire you, at least you tell it straight :)

on Jul. 28 2010 at 10:27 am

k, so if ur a guy and you do wat this gurl is sayin alot of guys do, then why are you disagreeing?????

on Jul. 28 2010 at 2:15 am
♥♫music4ever25♥♫, Phoenix, Arizona

shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars! :)

you pretty much just summed up my life (right down to not being able to be on cheer because of some lame excuse of a coach) and i agree.

on Jul. 27 2010 at 4:14 am
lizzymwrites GOLD, Miami, Florida

The only people for me are the mad ones... the ones who never yawn and say a commonplace thing but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders against the stars." - Jack Kerouac

Let it be stated:

Not all blondes are pretty. Not all brunettes are ugly.

You can't generalize like that. Not all the popular girls are blonde. Blondes aren't always stupid. Hey, some brunettes are pretty thick, too.

I'm a brunette, and I am sticking up for blondes.

It happeens.

on Jul. 25 2010 at 2:39 pm
EXACTLY i completely understand what you saying all guys want the perfect girls....but if they would open their eyes they would see that a little imperfections are rlly nice!!

on Jul. 23 2010 at 1:19 pm
MicksedReviews SILVER, Arklow, Other
sorry, didnt mean to offend, notice how i said normally though. but then i suppose that's quite a general statement too. i merely meant that most guys i know, such as myself, aren't interested in the types of girls mentioned in this article.

on Jul. 23 2010 at 12:49 pm
DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware

"There’s no such thing as true love, just spurts of insanity—falling over and over again, thinking that won’t happen to me"

how does hair color have anthing to do with depth or intelligence. I'm so sick and tired of hearing poeple say blonds are dumb, just because your hair color is blond doesn't mean "Oh shes blond she must be dumb and have no depth to her." Well you know what I happen to be blond, and I haven't had a boyfriend for 13 years and I've been on Distinguished Honor Roll for 2 years straight! And my hair color has nothing to do with it, its my ability to learn.

on Jul. 21 2010 at 11:26 am
Hannahgee6 BRONZE, Greensburg, Kentucky

therefore do not worry about tomorrow. for tomorrow will worry about itself. each day has enough trouble of its own.
-jesus

i know EXACTLY how you feel. just tell him how you feel. thats what i did to my good guy friend. and now were dating. you should just talk to him and tell him how you feel.

on Jul. 21 2010 at 11:23 am
Hannahgee6 BRONZE, Greensburg, Kentucky

-jesus

exactly....my ex broke up with me cause of another girl....and she was a blonde....ugh. this tells exactly what i feel like....

on Jul. 16 2010 at 4:42 pm
tianaxbiddy SILVER, Wareham, Massachusetts

"Plot is character revealed by action."

-Aristotle

my friend who i have known since we were like 4 or 5 has beenoff with this really mean girl. i try and tell him she is only usein him as a bounce bak but he still keeps on with it. i admit i use to like him until the beginin of my freshman yr.

on Jul. 16 2010 at 4:40 pm

"Plot is character revealed by action."

-Aristotle

i c ur point hun........i call every1 hun hope it doesnt bother u. i tend to call ppl i dont kno hun the most. but wen guys do that it makes no sense sometimes but then again it does.

on Jul. 8 2010 at 5:40 pm
Bulletproofkid BRONZE, Vero Beach, Florida

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstien

Oops! I have no idea why it got copied! LOL post fail?

on Jul. 8 2010 at 5:39 pm

Yeah must of us are. But there are those who are sensitive. I don't mean the ones who get punched in the shoulder and cry. I mean the ones who read a book and cry. Or see a sad movie and cry. I watched a movie called I Am Sam about a girl and her dad who is retarted. She is smarter than her dad. But the government wants to take her away. But the dad doesn't want to let her go. I cried while I watched that movie. I'd rather cry than bottle up that sadness in side. I wish more guys could be sensitive like me. I'm no geek, but I am no prince charming either. Just normal Joe, but not normal either. Better than normal. My point is guys can be jerks, but they also can be sensitive.

I think the reason for picking the "cute" girls, because they don't want to be made fun of. I think the guys should pick someone they truly like. Not someone they want to be with because it will make them popular. That is is just pathetic.

I hope I've made my point here.

on Jul. 8 2010 at 2:44 pm
JamieStarr GOLD, Sevierville, Tennessee

o! thats why i love you. :) i love you.

i complety understand and most guys are just big headed and idiots. but you cant just like some1 cause they are cute you have to love them inside and out. one man will find you one day and sweep u off your feet because he truly loves you. dont just give up. =)

on Jul. 7 2010 at 11:44 pm
MercedesXO DIAMOND, South Easton, Massachusetts

"I realize that life is risks. It's acknowledging the past but looking forward. It's taking chances that we will make mistakes but believeing we all deserve to be forgiven."
-The Dead Tossed Waves.

i like your comment..and i like exactly what you described. except from a girls perspective. lol. i like those guys:)

on Jul. 7 2010 at 11:42 pm

-The Dead Tossed Waves.

guys like you are so attractive. i like that you explained how your different and not alll out to get the "so called blonde sex goddess or whatever". that's cute and i like that your into girls with a personality and intelligent mind rather than just her looks.

SEE!! there are some of them out there guys. lol. extremely hard to find, ill admit.