Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

on Jun. 3 2010 at 8:41 pm
ArtGirl101 BRONZE, West Gardiner, Maine

"Childhood only lasts so long, so cherish it while it's still in your grasp"
~ ME!!!

I find this very rude to both guys and blonde girls. I’m blonde and blue eyed, and you’re basically saying that blonde girls are brainless fools with great bodies, and that guys are stupid people that go for the brainless blondes.

I found this very, very rude.

raynsparade said...
on Jun. 2 2010 at 2:25 pm
i am far from popular or having a guy but im a pretty blond with blue eyes and all the brunnettes with green eyes that are geeks have all the guys,the jocks you know those guys, wrapped around there finger

Kasumi BRONZE said...
on May. 29 2010 at 10:00 pm
Kasumi BRONZE, Mequon, Wisconsin

Life can be hard and sad, but there is good things in life, too

I am a blonde, but I have no idea what you mean by they always go for blondes. I wish some went for me but they don't. Could be that I am not popular and never want to be.  But I do see your other point. They do always go for the popular girls. I think they are stupid not to get to know other girls because if they did, they would find a lot nicer people. 

on May. 29 2010 at 8:40 am
hopesdreamspizza GOLD, Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Boys are always annoying and completly confusing.  They are just so wierd.  So hard to talk to and understand.  Plus they do go for the blondes!!!!

on May. 28 2010 at 8:04 pm
horsegirl27 GOLD, Los Angeles, California

A dog comes when called; a cat takes a message and gets back to you

Or its just that you havent came across someone yet that loves you for you! Just wait!

on May. 28 2010 at 7:55 pm

Actually, I'm in the middle of a movie script about the life of a blonde teen who is rude to everyone. Instead of it being in the perspective of the bullied, I'm making it the bully and what she actually goes through. I can just relate to this because it talks about this topic a lot. :)

nycbunny said...
on May. 28 2010 at 4:03 pm
nycbunny, New York, New York
ok im sorry but... this is not exactly true. you have to look at things from a different angle. maybe your just looking at the wrong kind of guys.

on May. 24 2010 at 5:21 pm
wildcat DIAMOND, Hopkinton, Massachusetts
haha aww thanks. and compared to the girls littered throughout my town id say im pretty real....

thatguy said...
on May. 24 2010 at 3:04 pm
i agree with Lissa239 girls def. do that to guys as well as guys do that to girls.  All it is is simple attraction stop putting so much thought into it, your wasting your time.  Also if a girl is cute, not necessarliy the hottest girl out there, and doesnt get all winy and into drama in relationships or life for that matter than she'll be close to irrisistable. girls that cant take jokes ruin everything..

on May. 24 2010 at 6:04 am
Xblue_raspberryX SILVER, Greensburg, Pennsylvania

I may not be Mrs. America or popular at school, but i do a lot of nice sh** in life. I want some attention too!

aawww that is cute =3 dont you dare change or i will computer slap you lol. but seriously dont guys like you are REALLY hard to find and your the best ones (guys that is)

on May. 23 2010 at 8:58 pm
VarsityCheerGirl916, Harrisonville, Missouri

Giving up doesn't always mean you're weak. Sometimes it just means you're strong enough to let go.

First off I just want to say that I am not trying to be negative in any way whatsoever but as I was reading this article many things caught my attention and dissaproval. One of these is the blonde hair and blue eyes. This is a complete stereotype unless you are Hitler or a Nazi. Every guy has their own preference for what attracts them in the opposite gender. I am a brunette with brown eyes and I have no problem finding a good guy. The biggest problem I have with this is the stereotype you have portrayed of cheerleaders. I myself am a cheerleader and I in no way, shape, or form fit the stereotype. The stereotype of the blonde and popular cheerleader that gets all the guys is just something else Hollywood has placed in our thoughts to make us seem even more imperfect. Cheerleaders are just like other girls but we enjoy cheerleading whereas someone else may prefer soccer or music. Very few cheerleaders are all about cheer though. I am very musically inclined and I also love to play volleyball and tennis. The girl on the soccer team may be just as pretty as the cheerleader but they just have different interests. Take a chance to get to know the cheerleaders at your school and see if your view of them changes at all. If not, it's a flaw of personality that gives you this opinion of them, not the fact that they are a cheerleader. But I still ejoyed the article. Boys are very confusing! It's best to just accept them as they are and stop trying to figure out how they function! :)

chihuahuaman said...
on May. 23 2010 at 7:46 pm
chihuahuaman, Farmersville Tx, Texas

Theres a little bad in the best of us, a little good in the best of us, but deep down we're all the same and equal.

-Martin Luther King Jr.

i bet your beautiful. and really two years??!! im so sorry T_T. u sound real cool to me.

chihuahuaman said...
on May. 23 2010 at 7:44 pm
chihuahuaman, Farmersville Tx, Texas

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Personally i dont get the whole blonde fetish. i mean sure blondes are cute and hot but i myself could care less. i like a gril with peronality, a girl that when you talk to her she has something relevant to say and doesnt just respond with "yea". just so ypu know right now im talking to a gril with brown hair and like her very much (:

pokerface said...
on May. 23 2010 at 8:26 am
i completely agree with u. ive got no clue why boys do it

on May. 20 2010 at 8:24 pm
lunar_moon BRONZE, Austin, Texas

"If you think you can you can, and if you think you can't, you're right." -Mary Kay Ash

Look, I am tired of trying to explain myself-which is really hard considering I am unable to put any real voice in my typed words. Please leave me at peace. People are different, so yes not of the people who do drugs are the "cool" people, but neither are they all the missunderstood. And relating to the actual article, not all people are easy to read so I really can't help the writer.

(By the way, I am really a nice and self-less in person, but TheMesserSandman didn't have to go crazy.)

on May. 20 2010 at 6:11 pm
songofsadness SILVER, Jordan, Minnesota

life is gonna end either way, It takes people with mental illness to build the world.

KEY Words SOME Guys, i am a male and i go for the girls that i can relate to and share the simple pleasures in life

on May. 20 2010 at 5:47 pm
songofsadness SILVER, Jordan, Minnesota

i know pleanty of people that do drugs and there not popular they are just missunderstood i dont do drugs i am just missunderstood (i'm not a realy good speller but i am in 11th grade english)

on May. 20 2010 at 5:41 pm
songofsadness SILVER, Jordan, Minnesota

i am a male and i like to think that i am not one of the guys that break girls hearts, i dont think i am that ignorant, i am an emotional guy so i like the emotional NON-Stuck up girls that can apreciate the more lower class plesuars like a hand writen love song

on May. 20 2010 at 5:32 pm
songofsadness SILVER, Jordan, Minnesota

i like personality, and i like the more unrecognized girls that have brains and lookes more so brains and i like girls that can get through trouble and still love the more depressed people and help them be happier

on May. 17 2010 at 9:00 pm
MoonlitRaven BRONZE, Nanaimo, Other

"Life is seen only through lenes, it's to only your perspective that you can tell." Josh Gray

Personally myself i like girls with deep auburn hair and green eyes, but overall to me it doesn't really make a difference. personallity is the best