Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

nordgirl GOLD said...
nordgirl GOLD, Turlock, California

Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

I'm blond and have blue eyes. I'm not a cheerleader. I'm pretty much a nerd and a bookworm. I hang out with with other nerds. You shouldn't use sterotypes it just shows that you have little real world experience.

You might think that the world is like that, because of movies like Mean Girls (Well the blond girl loses the guy to a red haired person but whatever) and other books. Just because some guys date blond girls it doesn't mean every guy is looking for a blond girl.

And the title of your article doesn't really match what you wrote. If guys just chased blonds, it wouldn't be confusing at all.

lulubird1495 said...
I would like to say that this is very untrue and offensive. I am a brunette, brown eyes, and a cheerleader, and alot of blondes are actually smarter than I, I'm the brunette that should of been blonde. Guys go for personality, not looks, ask almost any guy that and they will tell you its true. maybe the cheerleaders at your school are a lot better than you give them credit for. Judging cheerleaders is very dumb btw, yes some deserve it, but for the majority, they don't. How would you like someone to judge you like that? You really ought to think about things in another perspective, so you don't affend people.

JulieeBugg said...
oops i didnt mean to do that as a reply. sorry

JulieeBugg said...

Why is everybody always hating on the cheerleaders? yes they are popular at my school because they are nice. I have blonde hair and blue eyes AND I'M A CHEERLEADER! boys don't act like this you need to see the real world instead of watching movies.

JWVon BRONZE said...
JWVon BRONZE, Atascadero, California

"So this leads me to my camera, which was hidden with my phone but was found and put here, so it's useless." - my cousin when we went on a National Treasure-esque hunt to find her phone.

I would like to say this isn't very true. I am a blonde cheerleader and I haven't been asked out once nor have I had a boyfriend and I am considered popular because most everyone knows me. I can understand you're upset about it but really in truth it always isn't the blonde cheerleaders that get guys.

on Jun. 5 2010 at 12:11 am
Daydreamer1997 BRONZE, Lompoc, California

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in procession of a large fortune must be in want of a wife- Jane Austen
I find this quote from Jane hilarious.

I find it completely the opposite. Boys at my school seem to go for the ugly and mean girls. They are together two seconds and then broken up. I guess I'm a romantic (bookworm), but that just doesn't seem right.  

ArtGirl101 BRONZE, West Gardiner, Maine

"Childhood only lasts so long, so cherish it while it's still in your grasp"
~ ME!!!

I find this very rude to both guys and blonde girls. I’m blonde and blue eyed, and you’re basically saying that blonde girls are brainless fools with great bodies, and that guys are stupid people that go for the brainless blondes.

I found this very, very rude.

raynsparade said...
i am far from popular or having a guy but im a pretty blond with blue eyes and all the brunnettes with green eyes that are geeks have all the guys,the jocks you know those guys, wrapped around there finger

Kasumi BRONZE said...
Kasumi BRONZE, Mequon, Wisconsin

Life can be hard and sad, but there is good things in life, too

I am a blonde, but I have no idea what you mean by they always go for blondes. I wish some went for me but they don't. Could be that I am not popular and never want to be.  But I do see your other point. They do always go for the popular girls. I think they are stupid not to get to know other girls because if they did, they would find a lot nicer people. 

on May. 29 2010 at 8:40 am
hopesdreamspizza GOLD, Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Boys are always annoying and completly confusing.  They are just so wierd.  So hard to talk to and understand.  Plus they do go for the blondes!!!!

horsegirl27 GOLD, Los Angeles, California

A dog comes when called; a cat takes a message and gets back to you

Or its just that you havent came across someone yet that loves you for you! Just wait!

Actually, I'm in the middle of a movie script about the life of a blonde teen who is rude to everyone. Instead of it being in the perspective of the bullied, I'm making it the bully and what she actually goes through. I can just relate to this because it talks about this topic a lot. :)

nycbunny said...
nycbunny, New York, New York
ok im sorry but... this is not exactly true. you have to look at things from a different angle. maybe your just looking at the wrong kind of guys.

wildcat DIAMOND, Hopkinton, Massachusetts
haha aww thanks. and compared to the girls littered throughout my town id say im pretty real....

thatguy said...
i agree with Lissa239 girls def. do that to guys as well as guys do that to girls.  All it is is simple attraction stop putting so much thought into it, your wasting your time.  Also if a girl is cute, not necessarliy the hottest girl out there, and doesnt get all winy and into drama in relationships or life for that matter than she'll be close to irrisistable. girls that cant take jokes ruin everything..

on May. 24 2010 at 6:04 am
Xblue_raspberryX SILVER, Greensburg, Pennsylvania

I may not be Mrs. America or popular at school, but i do a lot of nice sh** in life. I want some attention too!

aawww that is cute =3 dont you dare change or i will computer slap you lol. but seriously dont guys like you are REALLY hard to find and your the best ones (guys that is)

VarsityCheerGirl916, Harrisonville, Missouri

Giving up doesn't always mean you're weak. Sometimes it just means you're strong enough to let go.

First off I just want to say that I am not trying to be negative in any way whatsoever but as I was reading this article many things caught my attention and dissaproval. One of these is the blonde hair and blue eyes. This is a complete stereotype unless you are Hitler or a Nazi. Every guy has their own preference for what attracts them in the opposite gender. I am a brunette with brown eyes and I have no problem finding a good guy. The biggest problem I have with this is the stereotype you have portrayed of cheerleaders. I myself am a cheerleader and I in no way, shape, or form fit the stereotype. The stereotype of the blonde and popular cheerleader that gets all the guys is just something else Hollywood has placed in our thoughts to make us seem even more imperfect. Cheerleaders are just like other girls but we enjoy cheerleading whereas someone else may prefer soccer or music. Very few cheerleaders are all about cheer though. I am very musically inclined and I also love to play volleyball and tennis. The girl on the soccer team may be just as pretty as the cheerleader but they just have different interests. Take a chance to get to know the cheerleaders at your school and see if your view of them changes at all. If not, it's a flaw of personality that gives you this opinion of them, not the fact that they are a cheerleader. But I still ejoyed the article. Boys are very confusing! It's best to just accept them as they are and stop trying to figure out how they function! :)

chihuahuaman said...
chihuahuaman, Farmersville Tx, Texas

Theres a little bad in the best of us, a little good in the best of us, but deep down we're all the same and equal.

-Martin Luther King Jr.

i bet your beautiful. and really two years??!! im so sorry T_T. u sound real cool to me.

chihuahuaman said...
chihuahuaman, Farmersville Tx, Texas

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Personally i dont get the whole blonde fetish. i mean sure blondes are cute and hot but i myself could care less. i like a gril with peronality, a girl that when you talk to her she has something relevant to say and doesnt just respond with "yea". just so ypu know right now im talking to a gril with brown hair and like her very much (:

pokerface said...
on May. 23 2010 at 8:26 am
i completely agree with u. ive got no clue why boys do it