Daddy's Womb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i asked my father if i could swim,
and he said that i would drown.
The Sea would imprison me – he said
if my feet had left the ground.

So i walked out to the water,
and cried out – how ’bout now!
He said, a little bit further, Son,
and then you’ll leave the ground.

i stepped on sand then stone,
from hollow ground to sturdy.
The sky was at my level as I
gazed at the birdie.

The Sea brought me a new idea,
the urge to flee to the high.

i asked my Father if i could fly,
and he said, sure, Son – go try.

i jumped as high as i could.
Still, i landed on the ground.
i saw my Father pull on a chain,
then i knew that i was bound.

Juneza-Ann B. said...
I like your poem it speaks in volumes and I know it is hard to find the right words to speak to your readers. Well done!

BrookeCherith said...
I could read this a thousand times and I don't think that I would be tired of it!  Well done!

LilithNyx said...
That was beautiful!

LifeLeaderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Your poem is so amazing and I've read it over so many times! I can't believe that your poem has been able to maintain the one with the most comments for so many weeks! That is truly amazing!

ChristianS said...
Absolutly excellent! Love this peice! Well done!

BTubz said...
Poem was well done, but what really stands out to me is the title. So. Good.

kenzierenee36 said...
That last line though.... Ugh... Loved it... I wouldn't change a thing...

OldGreg said...
Am I allowed to bo confused? Because I am.

OldGreg replied...
Oops. Posted twice.

OldGreg said...
Am I allowed to be confused, because I am.

LilithNyx replied...
Why are you confused? Perhaps I can help!

littleballofurThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 6, 2014 at 3:14 am
Poetry is supposed to be interpreted based on how it makes you feel. What is your initial reaction to it? What does it make you think of? Does it spark something deep inside of you, make you stir a bit, make you ponder about it for a bit? Roll the poem around in your mind for a while, I'm sure you'll come to something.

loveyoubby2018 said...
Wonderful poem! Just loved it!  

Ashlee_RenoldsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow this is wonderful..I know u must get this a lot, but I can't help it what inspiered u to write this poem? I really luv it...R u writing any more poems?

AltheaRaineThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
That's deep. What inspired you?

EpilepticUnicorn said...
Beautiful poem. loved it

iz_tehan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Should take a few days to a week

Daedalus said...
Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:11 am
What a fantastic poem!  It really relays the idea of the father being too constricting.  However, I think that the rhyme is a bit forces in the two-line stanza when you mention the "birdie."  I am currently waiting to get my work approved.  Does anyone know how long this will take?

francheskas replied...
about a week

itskatomallThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This poem is beautifully written and I loved it. I read it twice to truly understand the meaning. It sent chills down my spine. Well done! Check our some of my work! :)