Daddy's Womb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i asked my father if i could swim,
and he said that i would drown.
The Sea would imprison me – he said
if my feet had left the ground.

So i walked out to the water,
and cried out – how ’bout now!
He said, a little bit further, Son,
and then you’ll leave the ground.

i stepped on sand then stone,
from hollow ground to sturdy.
The sky was at my level as I
gazed at the birdie.

The Sea brought me a new idea,
the urge to flee to the high.

i asked my Father if i could fly,
and he said, sure, Son – go try.

i jumped as high as i could.
Still, i landed on the ground.
i saw my Father pull on a chain,
then i knew that i was bound.

dastal127 said...
Oct. 22 at 10:12 am
this peom is very deep and good

mi-mi said...
Oct. 19 at 4:20 pm
this poem is great and i hope u write many more o these

Maylissa This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 15 at 12:32 pm
This is so amazing! The ending really has an impact on me 

XxSmilesxXThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 15 at 7:44 am
I read this poem everytime I go on teen ink.. It's amazing

LilyClearwaterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 14 at 7:35 pm
In terms of poetry grammar is really flexible, you're definetly more than welcome to your own opinion (^_^) ,but I thought it enhanced it.

Swimmergirl101 said...
Oct. 14 at 1:10 pm
Wow this poem is fantabulous

gaabbbeeee_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 13 at 11:03 am
yes, this poem is life

loveisevil15 said...
Oct. 5 at 10:23 pm
I love this poem. It was sweet and just plain out awesome.

linzyh said...
Oct. 5 at 2:00 pm
Great poem! I love the end

itserraticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 30 at 5:56 pm
One word: Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alonebutstillsurvivingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 22 at 10:46 am
i can sooo relate...

DLoveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 12 at 9:32 am
This is very touching, and I love the emotion

Chloe99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 11 at 4:27 pm
Really good, could you please take a look at my poems and leave a coment.

GoatGreenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 10 at 1:16 pm
not bad at all

Fifi137 said...
Aug. 31 at 11:53 am
Wow, you should write more like this

wildsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 30 at 11:18 am
that is really good. can you see my poems and tell me if they are good? write more

SonaliTWThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 23 at 1:18 pm
Nice poem I'm new here please check out my work please

Dbzfan836 said...
Aug. 20 at 7:30 pm
This is genuine writing, sir! I am never going to let you stop, I will motivate you to the end.

Mario94This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 22 at 12:48 am
Riveting work!!