Daddy's Womb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i asked my father if i could swim,
and he said that i would drown.
The Sea would imprison me – he said
if my feet had left the ground.

So i walked out to the water,
and cried out – how ’bout now!
He said, a little bit further, Son,
and then you’ll leave the ground.

i stepped on sand then stone,
from hollow ground to sturdy.
The sky was at my level as I
gazed at the birdie.

The Sea brought me a new idea,
the urge to flee to the high.

i asked my Father if i could fly,
and he said, sure, Son – go try.

i jumped as high as i could.
Still, i landed on the ground.
i saw my Father pull on a chain,
then i knew that i was bound.

Navaswati said...
Jun. 14 at 10:53 am:
really loved the poem , so nicely written , what play of words and the last line gave it a golden feather .................  

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 13 at 4:11 pm:
LOVE this!!! Could you check out my story? It would mean a lot to me. :) TeenInk.com/fiction/thriller_mystery/article/686391/The-Dreams-that-Keep-Gettign-Darker/

thefailureofhopes said...
Jun. 9 at 6:29 am:
So well written, re-read so many times and never get bored

BrinaJo2018 said...
Jun. 5 at 12:01 am:
Every time I read this poem I love it more and more. Literally amazing. I know the "literally" might downplay the amazing to some people, but I mean it in the highest sense of the word. Absolutely fabulous!!!

DezaraeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 20 at 11:48 pm:
The emotion displayed here was relatable and very well written. 

catwithglassesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 4 at 7:18 pm :
This is a really great poem. Those last few lines really tie the whole thing together and are very touching. This is very well written. Great job!

PoeticPrincess said...
May 12 at 10:55 am:
This is an amazing poem, it really touched my soul. Great Job!!!   If you guys have time please check out mine thanks!

LiveProgressing said...
May 10 at 10:15 am:
I Feel sympathy with this poem and it's a great piece of work  

PoetryFromTheHeart said...
May 8 at 9:21 am:
I LOVE THIS!!!! I feel like this myself sometimes and you were able to establish an amazing connection with me through this piece. Keep writing and great job!

ACkYeFirstThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 5 at 6:22 pm:
I appreciate the intense emotion of this piece - really creates a connection between reader and work. Good job!

DragonQueenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 2 at 6:06 pm:
Love it! I really like the essence it gives. XD

oxford123 said...
Apr. 30 at 7:33 am:
Glamorous piece of work!

Asfia said...
Apr. 28 at 4:17 pm:
what happens in the end tell me please????

PoeticPrincess said...
Apr. 28 at 2:08 pm:
Wow this was an amazing poem. Great job!

Lemons4Randi said...
Apr. 23 at 5:54 pm:
A beautifully written piece. Love the idea of it. The whole poem comes together in the last few lines and I think i am in love with this poem. Keep it up

Hells_WillThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 17 at 1:45 pm:
this is amazing!!!!!!! i love it!! i know how it feels to be held back by your parents but its my mom not my dad i dont really know my dad but thats why i love it sssooo much!!!! (sorry about my bad gramer!!)

beanpole said...
Apr. 16 at 2:44 pm:
wow you did a great job!

kyndreyah said...
Apr. 11 at 2:53 pm:
You're a rude person. 

thenightowlwriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 10 at 4:40 pm:
Sad but beautiful, as poetry usually is.

C.S.Thompson said...
Apr. 9 at 9:23 pm:
This was a very cool piece to read. I enjoyed the use of imagery. It was little sad, the ending but that's alright because it was symbolic. Nice work.