Daddy's Womb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i asked my father if i could swim,
and he said that i would drown.
The Sea would imprison me – he said
if my feet had left the ground.

So i walked out to the water,
and cried out – how ’bout now!
He said, a little bit further, Son,
and then you’ll leave the ground.

i stepped on sand then stone,
from hollow ground to sturdy.
The sky was at my level as I
gazed at the birdie.

The Sea brought me a new idea,
the urge to flee to the high.

i asked my Father if i could fly,
and he said, sure, Son – go try.

i jumped as high as i could.
Still, i landed on the ground.
i saw my Father pull on a chain,
then i knew that i was bound.

KrustyKrabPizza said...
Feb. 21 at 2:22 am
I simply think this is beautiful. It's short, which I love, but so powerful. I love the complexity of it. Amazing!

calistareese said...
Feb. 20 at 2:22 am
I have read this repeatedly for the last 10 minutes and I can't get over how raw and beautiful it is.

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 19 at 10:34 am
Beautiful yet sad...I wish I had more to offer comment wise...

SelfieSophie said...
Feb. 17 at 5:32 pm
Really amazing work here love the rhymes but what was the inspiration?

sheridan.leighThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 11 at 6:03 pm
I love this.

FinditKeepit said...
Feb. 10 at 12:07 pm
It's awesome, really and the word choice is marvelous. Keep writing such good stuff!

artfromtheheart55 said...
Jan. 25 at 7:55 pm
This spoke to me :)

beAWESOMEstayAWESOMEThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 18 at 6:07 pm
LOl i know right.

sammyyyyyyyyyyyy said...
Jan. 23 at 5:24 pm
I really like your poem!

RedPanda said...
Jan. 23 at 10:21 am
amazing. this is fantastic!!! Keep writing, this is really good.

rosevomitThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 16 at 9:02 pm
I love dissss yoooo

gemma_ryu This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 13 at 1:38 pm
Amazing! Keep writing!!

AllyssaWrites said...
Jan. 12 at 9:48 am
This is fantastic, I really love the subtle rhyme that adds to the light hearted feeling of this poem. (:

dglee917 said...
Jan. 7 at 12:26 am
I honestly don't get it

JoieRenee said...
Jan. 5 at 10:15 am
Truly amazing!

BlossomM. said...
Jan. 1 at 8:01 pm
Very well done. I could clearly see it and I found the theme interesting. Good job and beautifuly done.

DietCokeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is beautiful.

AlexDeWriter replied...
Mar. 6 at 9:58 am
Wow this as beautiful

-L.k.R-This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 24, 2014 at 11:15 am
I feel the emotions very clearly. I'm looking forward for your new works.

Jacob G. said...
Absolutely Beautiful.