Daddy's Womb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i asked my father if i could swim,
and he said that i would drown.
The Sea would imprison me – he said
if my feet had left the ground.

So i walked out to the water,
and cried out – how ’bout now!
He said, a little bit further, Son,
and then you’ll leave the ground.

i stepped on sand then stone,
from hollow ground to sturdy.
The sky was at my level as I
gazed at the birdie.

The Sea brought me a new idea,
the urge to flee to the high.

i asked my Father if i could fly,
and he said, sure, Son – go try.

i jumped as high as i could.
Still, i landed on the ground.
i saw my Father pull on a chain,
then i knew that i was bound.

Kookie_monster29 said...
today at 11:19 am:
That was so pretty!

RedHadanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 21 at 4:49 pm:
This was beatifull

WindRunnerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 18 at 12:58 pm:
I got angry as I read the end of the poem. They say freedom is life. No one should be restricted like that!

FreshatillyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 17 at 11:04 am:
DEEP

AnyuhhhhThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 17 at 10:54 am:
This poem was pretty deep, and I enjoyed it a lot. I would suggest you add more dialogue or more to the story. I really liked the end and her trust in her father. This poem really spoke to me.

WindRunnerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 18 at 1:00 pm :
I feel like it was a betrayal of trust. What a father should want for a child.

Briseida25 said...
Nov. 17 at 10:33 am:
I love this poem. 

goetz_17 said...
Nov. 16 at 1:22 pm:
This poem really speaks to me.

poemoheart866This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 13 at 4:56 pm:
This was a lovely poem and I enjoyed it very much so!

Paakhi said...
Nov. 7 at 8:58 am:
So deep......

Brian110This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 5 at 7:48 am:
That right there is TRUE poetry. its nice to see some good talent.

AzureBlueThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 1 at 4:11 am:
O_O AWESOMMEEEEE!!!! I love that ending, it's so realistic reminds me of the days when my parents would put some sort of string on us so that we wouldn't disappear. :P

RedHadanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 21 at 4:48 pm :
Like those backpacks with the leashes for the parents to hold on to?  

dastal127 said...
Oct. 22 at 10:12 am:
this peom is very deep and good

mi-mi said...
Oct. 19 at 4:20 pm:
this poem is great and i hope u write many more o these

Maylissa said...
Oct. 15 at 12:32 pm:
This is so amazing! The ending really has an impact on me 

XxSmilesxXThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 15 at 7:44 am:
I read this poem everytime I go on teen ink.. It's amazing

LilyClearwaterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 14 at 7:35 pm:
In terms of poetry grammar is really flexible, you're definetly more than welcome to your own opinion (^_^) ,but I thought it enhanced it.

Swimmergirl101 said...
Oct. 14 at 1:10 pm:
Wow this poem is fantabulous

gaabbbeeee_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 13 at 11:03 am:
yes, this poem is life