Daddy's Womb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i asked my father if i could swim,
and he said that i would drown.
The Sea would imprison me – he said
if my feet had left the ground.

So i walked out to the water,
and cried out – how ’bout now!
He said, a little bit further, Son,
and then you’ll leave the ground.

i stepped on sand then stone,
from hollow ground to sturdy.
The sky was at my level as I
gazed at the birdie.

The Sea brought me a new idea,
the urge to flee to the high.

i asked my Father if i could fly,
and he said, sure, Son – go try.

i jumped as high as i could.
Still, i landed on the ground.
i saw my Father pull on a chain,
then i knew that i was bound.

AzureBlueThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 1, 2014 at 4:11 am
O_O AWESOMMEEEEE!!!! I love that ending, it's so realistic reminds me of the days when my parents would put some sort of string on us so that we wouldn't disappear. :P

RedHadanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Like those backpacks with the leashes for the parents to hold on to?  

dastal127 said...
Oct. 22, 2014 at 10:12 am
this peom is very deep and good

mi-mi said...
this poem is great and i hope u write many more o these

Maylissa This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so amazing! The ending really has an impact on me 

XxSmilesxX said...
Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:44 am
I read this poem everytime I go on teen ink.. It's amazing

LilyClearwaterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
In terms of poetry grammar is really flexible, you're definetly more than welcome to your own opinion (^_^) ,but I thought it enhanced it.

Swimmergirl101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow this poem is fantabulous

gaabbbeeee_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 13, 2014 at 11:03 am
yes, this poem is life

loveisevil15 said...
I love this poem. It was sweet and just plain out awesome.

linzyh said...
Great poem! I love the end

itserraticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
One word: Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alonebutstillsurvivingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 22, 2014 at 10:46 am
i can sooo relate...

DLoveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 12, 2014 at 9:32 am
This is very touching, and I love the emotion

Chloe99 said...
Really good, could you please take a look at my poems and leave a coment.

GoatGreen said...
not bad at all

Fifi137 said...
Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:53 am
Wow, you should write more like this

wildsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 30, 2014 at 11:18 am
that is really good. can you see my poems and tell me if they are good? write more

SonaliTW said...
Nice poem I'm new here please check out my work please