Daddy's Womb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i asked my father if i could swim,
and he said that i would drown.
The Sea would imprison me – he said
if my feet had left the ground.

So i walked out to the water,
and cried out – how ’bout now!
He said, a little bit further, Son,
and then you’ll leave the ground.

i stepped on sand then stone,
from hollow ground to sturdy.
The sky was at my level as I
gazed at the birdie.

The Sea brought me a new idea,
the urge to flee to the high.

i asked my Father if i could fly,
and he said, sure, Son – go try.

i jumped as high as i could.
Still, i landed on the ground.
i saw my Father pull on a chain,
then i knew that i was bound.

iz_tehan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 5 at 10:52 pm:
Should take a few days to a week

Daedalus said...
Feb. 5 at 11:11 am:
What a fantastic poem!  It really relays the idea of the father being too constricting.  However, I think that the rhyme is a bit forces in the two-line stanza when you mention the "birdie."  I am currently waiting to get my work approved.  Does anyone know how long this will take?

francheskas replied...
Feb. 9 at 7:24 pm :
about a week

itskatomall said...
Feb. 2 at 7:44 pm:
This poem is beautifully written and I loved it. I read it twice to truly understand the meaning. It sent chills down my spine. Well done! Check our some of my work! :)

Bluetooth13 said...
Feb. 1 at 5:16 pm:
Really good! Would someone critique my work? I need feedback

LifeLeaderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 30 at 6:14 pm:
Wow! This poem is written beautifully!

poet_girl101 said...
Jan. 24 at 3:12 pm:
It can have many meanings to it but in this case I think it means that though it may seem as if you will drown your dad will always have your back its deep in the meaning @Miley Cyrus

alyssa-smith said...
Jan. 20 at 2:21 am:
meant* could*

Leetha said...
Jan. 14 at 3:16 pm:
This left chills down my spine, I love it!

blakroseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 10 at 1:57 pm:
It's truly an amazing piece. :)

Jan. 10 at 1:56 pm:
Love it! It's a beautiful piece. :)

SouthernBell99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 4 at 9:03 pm:
This is an amazing poem.

megcmusicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is truly amazing. I don't quite understand the title but it's really deep. Can you check out some of my work if you get the chance?

dain01This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Love the poem but all the uncapitalized i's are making me go insane

Joboe13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This poem is amazing!!! It's really deep, and it really makes you think. You are an amazing poet, keep up the good work!

Miley Cyrus said...
I liked it it was pretty cool I don't understand the the name it doesn't make sense to me. It woud be cool if you culd clarify what you ment

Briipeaaa said...
Dec. 13, 2013 at 8:32 am:
Might I say, you have impeccible talent. I wish I could write like you.

MichealMulkey said...
Dec. 9, 2013 at 10:50 am:
Hey, my names Micheal Mulkey. Im a young writer from Easley, SC and It'd be really appreciated if someone could view my articles. Thank you!

felicity123456789 said...
Dec. 6, 2013 at 10:39 am:
this was very touching becuase it helped me undersatand to never give up  

gabbymigdalski said...
This poem caught my attention right away. The way it rhymes and how all the words almost fit into place pulled me right in. I love how in the poem the kid wanted to try everything. He wanted to learn how to fly and swim and he never stop trying until the end. I think this is a great poem and is probably  on my list for top 10 poems I have ever read.