Once Upon The Cross(1995) by Deicide | Teen Ink

Once Upon The Cross(1995) by Deicide

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

This is going to be a doosy. Deicide, a death metal band hailing from Miami, Florida much like other bands such as Cannibal Corpse or Death. Only this time, they are antichristian so they can cause massive controversy. Though, even for you Christians, that shouldn't stop you from listening to them.
The album here is only nine tracks long and every track is less than four minutes. Some less than three. In other words this album is well under half an hour which is very short, even for something like death metal. While the incredibly short lengths maybe a little disappointing, they have more if you want more but even still, they will be well over before you know it. This is also a good album for people with short attention spans because the songs are short and you have half an hour. Running? Maybe not as good as old school thrash but its still doable. The only real problem is the length of the album being way too short. Even still, if I'm in a hurry or want to play something short and fun, Deicide has my back.
This album will not be for everyone for sure but if you like it, good for you. As for me, I give this album a 9/10.

I would be hard pressed to find this is my first death metal review, but if it is, how did I do? Thanks for listening. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.