Princess Bride movie review | Teen Ink

Princess Bride movie review

July 11, 2018
By Mr_Swiss BRONZE, Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Mr_Swiss BRONZE, Highlands Ranch, Colorado
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.


Princess bride is a classic fairy tale story about true love that is seperated and they have to find their way back to each other. Buttercup believes that her true love is dead and so she tries to move on. She becomes engaged to the Prince who she does not love, but has to marry. Before her wedding she is kidnapped by the witting leader Vizzini who is played by Wallace Shawn, a daring swordsman looking to revenge his father’s murder Inigo Montoya who is played by Mandy Patinkin. The best of all is the kind hearted giant Fezzik played by the amazing Andre the Giant. Billy Crystal even has a role in this movie.

Rob Reiner did an amazing job directing this movie and casting the perfect actors for their respective roles. William Goldman did an amazing job writing the script for this movie. The costumes are exceptional for the time period they are portraying. The king and the royalty all wear fancy clothes while the peasants wear sewn together old raggetty clothes. Then when Wesley, the main hero of our story, is introduced he is wearing what a pirate or someone who wants to keep their identity a secret would wear.

In the story after the princess in rescued she is taken away by the king and Wesley is put into a torture chamber. Fezzik and Inigo Montoya go to save him because they need him to save the princess. Inigo Montoya also needs him to get him into the castle to kill the six fingered man. The six fingered man killed Inigo Montoya’s father. This story is also narrated by a grandfather who is reading the book to his grandkid. I would recommend this movie because it has action, suspense, romance, and even comedy.


The author's comments:

This article is a review of the movie Princess Bride.