Matchmaker's Mansion | Teen Ink

Matchmaker's Mansion

By Hope_Princess BRONZE, Hebron, New Hampshire
Hope_Princess BRONZE, Hebron, New Hampshire

"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible."

Summary:

When Asha takes her first step inside the Matchmaker’s Mansion she had intended to find someone to take the place of her ex-boyfriend that had broken her heart…
But instead she was thrown into the arms of the mysterious Shay who makes her promise never to love him.
It all started with the first question of the Matchmaker’s Quiz: “Would you be willing to die for the person you loved?”
What will her answer be?

Hope_Princess

Matchmaker's Mansion

on May. 18 2016 at 3:08 pm
MoonBaby SILVER, Idaho Falls, Idaho

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

That would be awesome. I can't wait.

on May. 17 2016 at 6:11 pm

Thank you for the vote of confidence in my writing! I would love to write a second one, hence the cliffhanger. I'll start thinking/writing. :)

on May. 17 2016 at 3:36 pm
MoonBaby SILVER, Idaho Falls, Idaho

This was amazing. You should write a second one.

on Mar. 8 2016 at 6:29 pm
Joyouscellyjc GOLD, Amritsar, Other

There is freedom waiting for you on the breezes in the sky and you ask, "what if I fall?" but oh my dear, "what if you fly?"

Well I have grown to become a strong believer in fate. I guess everything does happen for better. Your story gave me a lot of hope and good memories. :) Thank you

on Mar. 8 2016 at 2:59 pm

I hope your life changed for the better, but even if not I'm happy this story reminds you of a past time in your life. :)

on Mar. 7 2016 at 8:30 pm
Joyouscellyjc GOLD, Amritsar, Other

Oh my God I still remember I read it 2 years ago. Wow. My Life completely changed during that time. This story is beyond beautiful. It will always remain close to my heart

Dajai said...
on Feb. 16 2016 at 2:56 pm
Dajai, Loveland, Colorado

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

This story was really good! I enjoyed the detailed characters and great plot.

on Aug. 30 2015 at 8:56 pm
readingislife BRONZE, Cordova, Tennessee
to be honest, im really excited that you replied! i think its awesome that i saw it from your point of view! and i would so read a sequel, if your planning one, im already down for reading it xD. that actually sounds like a great idea, but dont worry, no pressure xD. As for your last sentence, thanks so much and right back at you!

on Aug. 27 2015 at 8:55 pm

I have to say...your comment inspired me so much! I haven't written since I ended this book. I really appreciate your "justification" of my book; it means someone actually saw what I saw. ^_^ I left it open like that, juuuuuuust in case I wanted to write a sequel. ;-) Keep writing, and reading, and being you!

on Aug. 21 2015 at 6:49 pm
BlackRedwood GOLD, Helena, Montana

I hate when people say "Don't worry, there's 6 billion people in the world. One of them is just for you!" Honey, do I look like I'm gonna travel around the world and meet all the 6 billion people?

So beautiful, I love how the author revealed who had kissed her in that special way. With fingers under her chin, so perfect!!!!! :)

on Aug. 15 2015 at 3:26 am
gaah, where do i even begin, i freaking love this book!!! its so amazing, a sinister twist on a fairytale is such a great idea! i absolutely love every bit of it except the ending killed me, like it should have been shay T_T. u woudnt be considering an alternate ending for team shay would you? just kidding, just kidding, i guess i've accepted the ending by now (i finished reading it a while back). honestly if anyone were to continue fighting against shane, shay is just the logical choice, a dark heroic figure of self sacrifice (as much as it sucks cuz his whole life was bad but in his case its something he long got used to while chase would probably have been much more devastated). ok im done justifying the ending, this book is perfect! and ive read your other work; your short stories are amazing as well!! its really possible for someone to have this much talent! haha keep it up and i hope you get the recognition you deserve and inspire many others!

kvtmarie said...
on Apr. 9 2015 at 6:03 pm
kvtmarie, Belle River, Other

"If I could write this sh*t in fire, I would write this sh*t in fire"

DUDE I STARTED READING THIS 2 YEARS AGO AND NEVER FOUND IT AGAIN AFTER OIKE 15 CHAPTERS AND NOW I FOUND IT OMF YAY

on Apr. 6 2015 at 2:33 pm
BeautyWhispers PLATINUM, Nevada City, California

Be Yourself, Be Unique, Be Me. :) - By BeautyWhispers

Very good! Keep it up.

on Jan. 26 2015 at 7:12 pm
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

I absolutely, forgot that you had commented. I'm sorry. :( And of course, I would. :) Your book is amazing and like @Minion said, I enjoyed every minute of this book. @Hope_Princess

Minion SILVER said...
on Jan. 26 2015 at 6:31 pm
Minion SILVER, Denver, Colorado

Always follow your heart, even if it's sometimes wrong.

I would so read a continuation of this! I loved every minute of this book and I'm sure I would love another one. Great work, publish this please...

caskettluvr said...
on Jan. 22 2015 at 9:15 pm
caskettluvr, Yuma, Arizona
Omg!!!!!!!! A-freakin-mazing!!!!! I loved it!!!!!!!

on Nov. 19 2014 at 8:17 pm
This is a very good book that i think evryone should read!

on Nov. 2 2014 at 1:07 am
totalbooknerd11 BRONZE, San Jose, California

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one."
-Spock, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn

This is really cool!  The idea of demons is pretty fascinating.  I also like how vague the ending is... more room for interpretation.

on Oct. 28 2014 at 9:13 pm

I-I am flattered! That really is my only goal with writing...to inspire and encourage others. :-)

on Oct. 23 2014 at 6:35 pm
Silence_of_the_me BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia

i cant drown my demons they know how to swim or i need you like a boy needs his mommas side.... this is not what it is only baby scars

This book is amazing. i really dont give out compliments very much but i felt that i needed to say that this is amazing. Okei byyyeee