Shadow Slayer | Teen Ink

Shadow Slayer

March 24, 2013
By Shahiro PLATINUM, Johnston, Iowa
Shahiro PLATINUM, Johnston, Iowa
20 articles 2 photos 262 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Soon we must all choose between what is right and what is easy." - Dumbledore (Goblet of Fire)


Summary:

Aria is a sixteen year old girl who has lived on her own since she was just seven. Her parents had died when she was three years old, so she only had vague memories of them. Her three brothers had looked after and raised her until they too perished - on a hunting trip they were ambushed by vicious ogres. Aria had taken what she had been taught about hunting with a bow and fighting with sword and took to the weaving forests where she could find game to sell in the markets. She lived in the woods, making a home of the stars, and always moving.
Eventually, Aria started out on a quest in thirst of knowledge about the history of the family she had lost. She decided Candoria was as good a place as any to begin her search – her brothers had always talked of the village in a loving way. Maybe, she thought, there was more to Candoria than rumors let on.
Little did Aria know how the real story behind her family’s early deaths could bring about her very own premature death…


Elizabeth J.

Shadow Slayer


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 9 comments.


on Aug. 10 2013 at 3:06 pm
CurlyGirl17 SILVER, Corydon, Indiana
6 articles 0 photos 95 comments
Hey, it's me again! I just wanted to let you know I posted the rest of Metalligirl. Your last comment was really helpful; I'd appreciale feedback on the rest as your story was really good! :)

. said...
on Apr. 13 2013 at 8:12 pm
why you are ever so kind!!

on Apr. 12 2013 at 7:10 am
iamawesomeK SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
6 articles 0 photos 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
I am sure I won't be able to fit that many quotes in here.

Its hard to resist such an excellent story

on Apr. 11 2013 at 4:34 pm
Shahiro PLATINUM, Johnston, Iowa
20 articles 2 photos 262 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Soon we must all choose between what is right and what is easy." - Dumbledore (Goblet of Fire)

thank you sooo much! i tried to pack as much interesting stuff as possible into the little story - I did the story for my english final and it could only be 6 pages long, but the rough draft was 13!! thank you soooooo much for reading and comenting on my work!!=D

on Apr. 10 2013 at 7:20 am
iamawesomeK SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
6 articles 0 photos 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
I am sure I won't be able to fit that many quotes in here.

I love action. Your book was brilliant. Keep writing more for people who like your work a lot. I loved how i didnt get distracted when i was reading the story

on Apr. 1 2013 at 8:24 pm
Shahiro PLATINUM, Johnston, Iowa
20 articles 2 photos 262 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Soon we must all choose between what is right and what is easy." - Dumbledore (Goblet of Fire)

Thank you so much!! I will definately check out your work! I worked really hard, and it is nice to hear that it is appreciated! =D

on Apr. 1 2013 at 8:21 pm
Shahiro PLATINUM, Johnston, Iowa
20 articles 2 photos 262 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Soon we must all choose between what is right and what is easy." - Dumbledore (Goblet of Fire)

Thank you so much! That means a lot. I plan on enlongating and continuing the story because there is a lot more to the story than this...

on Mar. 30 2013 at 3:56 pm
CurlyGirl17 SILVER, Corydon, Indiana
6 articles 0 photos 95 comments
That was great! The setting of this story is intriguing and I really like Aria's character- she seems cool. And you did a really good job of describing her- you didn't tell all of her features all at once, but you slipped them into the action for a smoother description. I noticed this story because its title picture is the same as mine- my story's called Metalligirl. I would really appreciate it if you checked out the first chapter of my story and left a comment- you seem to know what you're doing when it comes to writing! :)

on Mar. 30 2013 at 1:48 am
Mantisman630 BRONZE, Topeka, Kansas
2 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"with skill, care, respect, and compassion, we can ensure that there is still gain for our courses as well as become mentors for future generations, in all their beauty and variety. If we want to, and surely, we should."

A twist of action with mythological beings....always a nice adventure story, keep it up!