Late Night Horror Story | Teen Ink

Late Night Horror Story

October 25, 2016
By AshlynnH SILVER, Newmarket, New Hampshire
AshlynnH SILVER, Newmarket, New Hampshire
7 articles 1 photo 1 comment

I hear and see things that aren’t actually there.
It didn't start until about three years ago. I always knew the houses my parents live in are haunted. I can feel it in the atmosphere, like a strange tingle starting in the middle of your back. Can’t Imagine it? Let me help you.

You sit in your bedroom. The room glows with the yellow tint that comes from your lamp. The house is silent as you sit there. Your music plays softly beside you, not quite loud enough to wake anyone. Your window is slightly open, letting in a cool breeze. You are at your desk, typing on your computer. I don’t know what you are typing, but you do.
All of a sudden you get a chill moving slowly up your spine. You get the strange feeling that someone is watching you, it seems impossible. Right? How could ANYONE possibly be watching you when you are alone in your room? You spin around to face the room, frantically searching for any trace of another person.
No one is there.
Was it all in your head?
Slightly shaken, you try to rationalize it all. Deciding not to dwell on it, you shake it off completely. The minutes tick by slowly.
10
20
30
40
50
1 hour.
You check your clock. 3:00 am. The witching hour. Of course you have heard the stories of things that have happened around this time, but you don’t believe them. You aren’t a spiritual person. Not caring in the slightest, you go back to your work.
And then you hear it. The softest knock. A faint sound that easily could have gone unnoticed. It could have been a family member telling you to go to bed. But there is a problem in that explanation. Everyone is asleep, and it didn’t come from the door. It came from the farthest part of the room. The corner that is cast in the slightest shadow. Nothing is there, obviously.
Are you going insane?
Probably.
But no one will believe you.