The Vampire Chronicles: Part 1-Allison (5) | Teen Ink

The Vampire Chronicles: Part 1-Allison (5)

September 26, 2009
By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
183 articles 7 photos 484 comments

Favorite Quote:
He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.


I sighed and sat on the couch. Just as I picked up the remote, the door bell rang.
"Do you want me to see who it is?" I called out.
"Go ahead. I'll be right over." officer Deblin called back.
So I walked over and opened the front door. There stood a guy, about my age, with dark hair and chocolate brown eyes.
"Hi. I'm Daniel Deblin, officer Deblin's son." he explained. "You must be Allison. Pleased to meet you." He stuck out his hand and I shook it. "My dad told me all about your whole stalker, missing mom story." he told me.
"Oh. Yeah it's pretty bad." I replied.
He smiled at me and asked, "Can I come in?"
"Oh sure!" I moved away from the door to let him in. Then officer Deblin walked in.
"Oh, hi Daniel." he greeted his son. "Allison this is my son Daniel."
"Yeah. He already introduced himself." I said.
"Ok. Well he's going to be staying here for the day if that's ok with you." he offered.
"Yeah that's fine with me." I answered.
"Alright, well I'm gonna get back to work. Daniel why don't you keept Allison company?" he suggested.
"I'd be glad to." Daniel turned to face me. "So what have you been doing these last couple of days. It must be pretty boring to just sit in your house all day, waiting to see if they found your mom."
"Yeah it is. I've just been watching tv and listening to my iPod and stuff."
"Oh. So what kind of music do you like?"
"Well my favorite singer is David Archuleta." I told him. "But I also like Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Tokyo Hotel---"
"I love Tokyo Hotel!" he interrupted me. "What's your favorite song by them?" he asked.
"Ready, Set, Go." we both said at the same time.
"Well I guess that's one thing we have in common." he pointed out.
"Yeah I guess so." I replied.
"So do you wanna watch tv or something?" he asked.
I grinned, "Sure." And at that moment, officer Deblin walked back in.
"I just got news that Alexander has broken out of jail!" he cried.
My eyes widened in fear. Daniel gasped. I couldn't believe it. How could he have broken out of jail. Wasn't it supposed have, like, one hundred security guards?!?
"How?" Daniel asked, interrupting my thoughts.
"I'm not sure. They haven't figured it out yet. All I know is that this guy must be pretty good at being a criminal, because nobody has escaped from that jail in over fifty years." officer Deblin informed us. This new fact just made me worry even more.
Later that night, me and Daniel sat side by side on the couch, watching a rerun of MTV Cribs. It was the episode with Aly and AJ, which I had already seen three times.
"Bye MTV!" the Michalka sister's voices cued that the show was now over. I grabbed the remote and pressed the power button.
"Wow. It's even better the fourth time." I said sarcastically. Daniel laughed at my joke. It was weird how me and Daniel had just met this morning. It seemed like we'd been friends for at least a month.
"It's ten o' clock." Daniel stated as he looked down at his watch. I was pretty tired, today had been a long day.
"I need some sleep." I told him. He yawned and stretched out his arms.
"Yeah me too." he agreed.
"So are you gonna go back home now then?" I asked awkwardly.
"Yeah, I guess I'll get going." he said.
"Ok. So will you be visiting again soon?" I asked. It was much more fun watching reruns with a friend.
"Yeah. I'll be back again tomorrow." he informed me.
"How are you two doing?" asked officer Deblin, as he entered the living room.
"Fine." I told him. Daniel was silent, so I looked over at him. He was just staring out the window with his eyes squinted. It looked like he was looking for something.
Officer Deblin must have noticed too because he asked his son, "What are you staring at?"
"Oh my gosh! I think he's out there!" Daniel exclaimed. "He's staring at me!" He quickly got off the couch and stepped away from the window.
"Are you talking about Alexander?" I asked. He nodded. I got up and stood next to Daniel as officer Deblin searched out the window.
Officer Deblin's eyes went wide with shock. "It is him! He's just standing there. Staring. Camden!" he called. Officer Camden rushed in. "Stay with Daniel and Allison. I have a criminal to catch." He raced out the door and we all watched out the window as he approached Alexander.
It looked like officer Deblin was yelling at him, but Alexander just stood there with a blank expression. Then he turned to face the window and locked his eyes on me. And that same eerie smile from the night before spread across his face. With in a second Alexander dashed down the sidewalk. He went so fast, I couldn't even see him as he sprinted away. Then it all clicked together. Pale skin. Haunting smile. Gold eyes. Impossibly fast.
Alexander was a vampire.

The author's comments:
Here's chapter 4, enjoy! Please rate and comment!