Breakup Advice | Teen Ink

Breakup Advice

After those amazing relationships end, you have to ask yourself how things will continue. If you broke up with your partner, you must either be unhappy with them, mad at them, tired of them, or some other circumstance. So, if it is you who breaks up with the other, stop and think. As one single person, you don't have any idea what the other might go through. One moment to you is completely different that that of another. For example, you might go on a date and have the time of your life, oblivious to that fact that the one you care for is about to slit their wrists in boredom.
Just and example.
But that is something that you can relate to a breakup. You might think that things are better off without the other. They might be tripping and falling behind you, trying to catch up and get you back. It happens a lot, and these breakups are the worst. I myself went through one. And I've scraped my knees so much over these past to years tripping and falling after her(yes, two years. She's so beautiful I can't stop thinking about her). I've found out the the first and most important thing you can do to stay out of those horrible, bad break ups, is to forget. Easier said then done, right? Well, there is only one way to completely get over such a thing. Overwrite the memories that the two of you shared. Now, people call this a rebound, but isn't every boyfriend/girlfriend after the first a rebound? You must make better memories with this person. Have a greater time, and think about the new things you share rather then all the things you used to share with the other. Take it from me, with time, almost everything is mendable.

COMMENT AND WRITE YOUR OWN STORY BACK!

Haha, I love your atricle 'Pardon?' i was the one who commented on it first, i think i put my name as Peanutt or something

Umm, I have lot's of Different stuff. i write short stories, but most of them are to long to put on here and I have a poem. the story i wanted to put on was a kind of emotional... cool... kinda Christan twisted story, but i just really don't want someone to take it... not saying that it's that good, but I dunno and thank you for replying

White_Shadow BRONZE, Putnam, Illinois

"A life without cause is a life without effect." - Unknown

This is the author again lol, and yes, i do trust this website. Depends on what kind of story you will be putting on here. What do you have in mind?

First of all, i would like to say that I love everything you have written, i do enjoy reading what you write becasue it provokes thought and urges you to explore your own thoughts, second, i have considered puting some of my pieces on this website, but I am worried about someone stealing my writing or my idea, should I be concerned, or are there things that TeenInk does to prevent that? Or an I just paranoid? I would geatly appriciate a reply, from anyone :] Thankyou and good job!

White_Shadow BRONZE, Putnam, Illinois

hey, this is the author, if you would like to read another article that somewhat relates to this, try my article "Pardon?" its hot off the press :D

White_Shadow BRONZE, Putnam, Illinois

well, thank you. I'll try to keep posting it under #2 and #3 and so on. but i've got a recently published article called Pardon? try it. and give me your opinion.

SuPeRfLyy! BRONZE, Moore, Oklahoma

I mean worse than usual
:)
-ME

iTz pRolLie G0iNg 2 haPpN toOh evRyunn sooNeR r L8r

melone96 said...
melone96, White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia
Good advice. I've been through some horrible break ups too. One I never quite understood is when my boyfriend of 1 week broke up with me for no reason. Completely out of the blue! He never explained to me why he broke up with me. I was heart broken. I'm better now cuz it's been like 6 months, but I still wonder why he broke up with me.

hbeats4u2 SILVER, MPLS, Minnesota

My personal favorite quote would have to be; "Don't judge a book by its cover."

That is so true, but how do you break up with someone without breaking them?

phoenixqueen GOLD, Idaho Falls, Idaho

"I cannot live without books."

That is why I have vowed not to get involved with boys until after high school. i have just seen to many friendships ruined because of relationships.

on Nov. 13 2009 at 10:21 am
Kauro-Dono BRONZE, Lil&#39burn, Georgia

"I can't control the past, but the future only I can control."

On a totally different topic. I really needed that advice. I've been hurt so many times, it's crazy. I really hope that you post more work. KKeep helping people.

on Nov. 13 2009 at 10:19 am
Kauro-Dono BRONZE, Lil&#39burn, Georgia

Man, I've been through the exact same thing. I would know that it sucks. I won't do that again.

Just make sure you don't 'rebound' with the one one you're broken up with....like I did. OOPS. Then he broke up with me....again.

on Nov. 9 2009 at 10:54 am
MEh tO gURl

on Nov. 9 2009 at 10:52 am
yeEaaH bUhh I wEnT ThReW DaH sAmE ThAnG dAh St0rY TaWkIn BoUt

HuNnY~bUnNy said...
on Nov. 9 2009 at 10:51 am
I fEeL yUh

on Nov. 9 2009 at 10:46 am
GURl yU KNO it

on Nov. 9 2009 at 10:44 am
This stroiie waz niice! x]

on Nov. 9 2009 at 10:42 am
Iightt...it'z guud

HuNnY~bUnNy said...
on Nov. 9 2009 at 10:42 am
yezz gurll it wazz lol