Breakup Advice

By , Putnam, IL
After those amazing relationships end, you have to ask yourself how things will continue. If you broke up with your partner, you must either be unhappy with them, mad at them, tired of them, or some other circumstance. So, if it is you who breaks up with the other, stop and think. As one single person, you don't have any idea what the other might go through. One moment to you is completely different that that of another. For example, you might go on a date and have the time of your life, oblivious to that fact that the one you care for is about to slit their wrists in boredom.
Just and example.
But that is something that you can relate to a breakup. You might think that things are better off without the other. They might be tripping and falling behind you, trying to catch up and get you back. It happens a lot, and these breakups are the worst. I myself went through one. And I've scraped my knees so much over these past to years tripping and falling after her(yes, two years. She's so beautiful I can't stop thinking about her). I've found out the the first and most important thing you can do to stay out of those horrible, bad break ups, is to forget. Easier said then done, right? Well, there is only one way to completely get over such a thing. Overwrite the memories that the two of you shared. Now, people call this a rebound, but isn't every boyfriend/girlfriend after the first a rebound? You must make better memories with this person. Have a greater time, and think about the new things you share rather then all the things you used to share with the other. Take it from me, with time, almost everything is mendable.

XpaintmeablueskyX said...
u want some break up advice? eat chocolate and ice cream. BAM problem solved ;)

Grell replied...
lol good one. Great piece btw.

kimberdawn replied...
Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:38 am
I wish that worked....

Tracey L. said...

The most hurtful thing is that me loving someone, and they don't return the favour :(

I currently like this guy, even though we only met at an online game (but he knows my BFF irl). I was attracted to him when i first talked to him, and more as I know more about him. We are really similar in personalities except hes more better than me. I tried to give him the hint that i like him (i guess he thinks its a joke) but he never did anything that convinced he likes me back more than a frien... (more »)

XOXOhaloXOXO This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 13, 2011 at 11:46 am
I actually wrote a poem about loving someone when they don't love you back. It is pending approval right now. It's called A One-Way Love. I'll let you know when it gets on the site so you could check it out if you wanted=]

Dec. 13, 2011 at 11:47 am
I have actually written a poem about this kind of situation. It's called A One-Way Love, and it is pending approval right now. I'll let you know when it makes it on the site so that you can check it out if you want=]

Dec. 13, 2011 at 11:48 am
Sorry it posted that twice... My bad...

truewriter324 said...
oh and please look at my work people Im really trying to improve more feedback is needed thank you :)

truewriter324 said...

Hi i love this! It actually gives me an actual inlook on what Im going through. My ex and I have been dating eachother for a year and we were eachother's first in everything but me i want to focuz on school and not be tied down so early because I havent really finished high school but he has already so i could use the help, please write back :)

Mremk said...
The same sorta thing happens with me. I'm soooooo confused! So I have this neighbor who like is super weird and will never leave me alone. he's told me several times that he's insanley in love with me, but I only want to be friends. He doesn't want except the fact of that. I actually trusted him, when I shouldn't have, he asked my crush out for me and I think he messed with the answers just to make me upset and needy. I want help and I'm not getting any help from my friends or my parents for tha... (more »)

LifesIllusion said...
Haven't we all been there? It sure feels like it. I know the pain seems unbearable but we can all get through it. It took me months to get over my ex after he just suddenly became a different person. Sometimes I still don't understand what happened but it was devestating at the time. Well I LOVED your article:) CHECK OUT MY WORK! thanks.

musiclover114 said...
Nov. 21, 2011 at 10:37 am
I spent the most amazing 9 months with a guy. He was the only guy id ever loved. Then out of the blue he dumped. we didnt talk for 3 months, but saw each other every day. then we slowly started talking again recently, and all those walls i had built back up fell back down. I fell in love with him all over again, i had my very best friend back. but last week he started ignoring me, so when i confronted him he said his mom had told him to stop talking to me, and it was like losing him all over aga... (more »)

Smiler said...
Breakup sucks. I can relate. I went out with a boy for a year. Everything was going so well and he randomly broke up with me. When I asked him why he told me he was in love with my best friend that has been my friend sinces first grade. I was the one to introduce them. I can't help but wish I never did.

StarChild replied...
The same thing happened to me about four months ago. I'm still recovering for the unbearable pain it caused me to hear about EVERYTHING they did. I had known her since kindergarden and she stole him away... I relate... If you wanna talk you can talk with me.

Mremk replied...
My cousin actually dated a guy for a year and then he dumped her for HIS cousin. She's so confused at the moment, she has no idea weather to like him or hate him. I vote against hating him. But she thinks against it. I'm confused why she doesn't want to hate him. Her sister says his twin brother likes her. She likes him back. So I personly think this is a super super small world.

rachelwilson said...
I've been there, went through that. I've heard all the promises, all the compliments. In the end he ended it because I won't "do stuff" with him. Guess his defintion of love was different than mine. Check out my work. You'll find two peoms I wrote to channel my pain with about the break up! Thanks.

mikkigirl2012 said...
I can relate... I fell in love with my best friend and we were happy for about 9 days before he broke up with me telling me that his heart wasn't ready for another relationship... But in just those 9 days, I'd been the happiest I'd been in years and was slowly becoming more confident in myself. Its been a month and a half since then and its touch and go between  me and him... some days he'll talk to me like the old days, some days he's mad at me, some days he ignores me, and others it seems... (more »)

icee girl said...
Oct. 20, 2011 at 9:06 am
me to  me and my ex was together  for 8 months and he  chested  on me wit 2 girls man i was so brokon hearter for  along time but it is what it is no matter what so i had to get over it

Icecreamgirl said...
Oct. 17, 2011 at 11:52 am
I am with you my x and went and cheated on me and said the same things

paperandpen said...
me and ex were together for ten months before he broke up with me. i thought he was the one..he made so many promises, and he said he loved me. i've been so hurt because i found out he lied..about everything. i found out he cheated on me and didn't even care for me the way i wish he did. love hurts so much, especially when it never lasts.

TheDance said...
I went through exactly that with my boyfriend, in a short time of only 5 months. We were on and off and every time he wanted me back even after i had hurt him and he had hurt me. Every time he either took me back or i took him back. Now we are together, again, and we will stay together for as long as we can. THis time I wont let him go. Breakups suck!