Daddy's Womb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i asked my father if i could swim,
and he said that i would drown.
The Sea would imprison me – he said
if my feet had left the ground.

So i walked out to the water,
and cried out – how ’bout now!
He said, a little bit further, Son,
and then you’ll leave the ground.

i stepped on sand then stone,
from hollow ground to sturdy.
The sky was at my level as I
gazed at the birdie.

The Sea brought me a new idea,
the urge to flee to the high.

i asked my Father if i could fly,
and he said, sure, Son – go try.

i jumped as high as i could.
Still, i landed on the ground.
i saw my Father pull on a chain,
then i knew that i was bound.

***3Lli3*** said...
i love this.!!! Check out some of my work i hope u like it.! :) Please comment on my poems i would love to have any tips of any sort.. Check out my newest and latest ones :)

Falling_Angel said...
Feb. 16, 2010 at 2:07 am
OMG amazing!!! I loved it! plz if u see this please read my poem i wish and rate and comment on it id really love some feedback http ://teenink .com /poetry/free_verse/article/147125/I-Wish/

PeaveLoveMe(: said...
oh my gawsh! LOVED IT! Plz plz plz anyone that sees this comment, read some of my poems! I'd <3 any feedback! Keep writing! It will definitley get you places! (:

iridescentbubbles This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 11:49 am
This is beautiful - very powerful and emotionally compelling. I would love it if you would check out some of my stuff: http ://www.teenink .com /search.php?smodel=article&s_title=&s_body=&s_screenname=iridescentbubbles&s_firstname=&s_lastname=&s_city=&s_state=&s_country=&s_section=&sart_tag=&sart_category0=&sart_screenname=&sart_firstname=&sart_lastname=&sart_city=&sart_state=&sart_country=&sall_title=&sall_screenname=... (more »)

PoetLaureate07 said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 9:36 am
It's about God hanging onto him.... God never leaves, and is always there for HIS children!!!

dancingdaisies said...
I don't understand it. can you please explain it to me??

jeanwolf said...
this is really really good!! keep writing.
please take a look at some of my stuff.

mandymac said...
nice.
flows well and i can really relate!
keep it up.

(:Sweetkisses<3 said...
Feb. 12, 2010 at 10:46 am
...L.O.V.E IT:P

Alisha62293 said...
Feb. 12, 2010 at 6:45 am
This was really good =D i love it!!!!

Metamorfeame said...
i love this so much! seriously, it's one of my favorites

SilverDancer2991 said...
Feb. 11, 2010 at 11:01 am
Oh my god... I LOVE THIS! the alliteration makes it flow... and the imagery... Purely lovely!

sonnysulouff This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love it!!!

DallysGrrl said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 10:31 am
I dont kno wat every1 is going on bout....this is a really great poem. Y r other people saying when they ur being arrogant?? Theyre the 1s saying how much better THEIR writing is. Im sorry, but i really like this. You so obviously put ur heart into this poem and i really lik how ur attached 2 ur father. Its really deep and thought provoking.

Falling_Angel said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 2:11 am
Amazing! Please look at my poem I Wish http ://teenink .com /poetry/free_verse/article/147125/I-Wish/

abeatlesfan65 said...
so high to fly
assault the skies-
they reach out,
as your arms grasp mindlessly
flailing about
the wondrous serpantine swirls
of a new, worldly route
these-
the musings of a wandering mind eternal, but paternal fate
one cannot appease,
to return another day
amidst far calmer seas
That pretty much sums up my thoughts on this one... it's amazing! Could you check out a few of my own? (Carl, or anyone else tha... (more »)

thecatscuriosity replied...
These are the poems the world needs to see, we are the next generation and we need to be heard. keep it up, that goes for everyone. this is a great poem.

*MAV* said...
Feb. 9, 2010 at 9:32 am
WOW i love it! check one of mine out:) http ://teenink .com /poetry/all/article/86463/The-Author/

Albert G. replied...
to be honest i didnt quite like it ..i dont see how this is #1 mines are way better

abeatlesfan65 replied...
First, that depends on your point of view. Second, I read a few of your poems, and they're very good, but you're coming off as just a little arrogant.