Daddy's Womb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i asked my father if i could swim,
and he said that i would drown.
The Sea would imprison me – he said
if my feet had left the ground.

So i walked out to the water,
and cried out – how ’bout now!
He said, a little bit further, Son,
and then you’ll leave the ground.

i stepped on sand then stone,
from hollow ground to sturdy.
The sky was at my level as I
gazed at the birdie.

The Sea brought me a new idea,
the urge to flee to the high.

i asked my Father if i could fly,
and he said, sure, Son – go try.

i jumped as high as i could.
Still, i landed on the ground.
i saw my Father pull on a chain,
then i knew that i was bound.

alicecullen said...
beautiful! i could definitely compare this to myself! please read my poems and stories because i really need feedback!

hip_nicole14 said...
i understand it for my farther is too protective(he wouldnt like near the stove for fear i moght burn myself) i think this is really good.

Lexi24 said...
Every time i read it i think of something new. i love this its amazing!! you changed the way i look at things

Powd3er said...
I agree also

tenwords said...
Enough said. That's all there is to is to say.

AngeliqueRaindrops said...
This is amazing! :D

***3Lli3*** said...
i love this.!!! Check out some of my work i hope u like it.! :) Please comment on my poems i would love to have any tips of any sort.. Check out my newest and latest ones :)

Falling_Angel said...
Feb. 16, 2010 at 2:07 am
OMG amazing!!! I loved it! plz if u see this please read my poem i wish and rate and comment on it id really love some feedback http ://teenink .com /poetry/free_verse/article/147125/I-Wish/

PeaveLoveMe(: said...
oh my gawsh! LOVED IT! Plz plz plz anyone that sees this comment, read some of my poems! I'd <3 any feedback! Keep writing! It will definitley get you places! (:

iridescentbubbles This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 11:49 am
This is beautiful - very powerful and emotionally compelling. I would love it if you would check out some of my stuff: http ://www.teenink .com /search.php?smodel=article&s_title=&s_body=&s_screenname=iridescentbubbles&s_firstname=&s_lastname=&s_city=&s_state=&s_country=&s_section=&sart_tag=&sart_category0=&sart_screenname=&sart_firstname=&sart_lastname=&sart_city=&sart_state=&sart_country=&sall_title=&sall_screenname=... (more »)

PoetLaureate07 said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 9:36 am
It's about God hanging onto him.... God never leaves, and is always there for HIS children!!!

dancingdaisies said...
I don't understand it. can you please explain it to me??

jeanwolf said...
this is really really good!! keep writing.
please take a look at some of my stuff.

mandymac said...
nice.
flows well and i can really relate!
keep it up.

(:Sweetkisses<3 said...
Feb. 12, 2010 at 10:46 am
...L.O.V.E IT:P

Alisha62293 said...
Feb. 12, 2010 at 6:45 am
This was really good =D i love it!!!!

Metamorfeame said...
i love this so much! seriously, it's one of my favorites

SilverDancer2991 said...
Feb. 11, 2010 at 11:01 am
Oh my god... I LOVE THIS! the alliteration makes it flow... and the imagery... Purely lovely!

sonnysulouff This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love it!!!

DallysGrrl said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 10:31 am
I dont kno wat every1 is going on bout....this is a really great poem. Y r other people saying when they ur being arrogant?? Theyre the 1s saying how much better THEIR writing is. Im sorry, but i really like this. You so obviously put ur heart into this poem and i really lik how ur attached 2 ur father. Its really deep and thought provoking.