Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

FilmLoverandWriter14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 11:57 pm:
I totally agree!!! I always wonder why it's the girls with the blonde hair and blue eyes. I'm a brunette and I always feel like the guys at our school always fall for them. And it's all about the looks! They never look for the personality, only all the "popular" cool girls. Finally someone understands how I feel! Thank you for this well written article that has made my night!

Lexxiiee said...
Mar. 14 at 1:51 pm:
I do agree, boys are so confusing. They fall for looks alot instead of personality. Thats what screws things up from the beginning. The boy realizes that he doesnt like anything beyond the girls looks after some time has past and ends up distancing himself from the girl he showed and interest in. This is not how all guys are but it happens alot. Many guys do not know what they want.

ThalionThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 12 at 11:06 am:
I don't think that we (I am a girl, just so you know.) should stereotype boys in this manner. It's like saying that all blondes are dumb (which is abolutely not true!) While there are definetly some guys who only like a girl for her looks, there are also many who can see part blonde hair and blue eyes! Many of my friends are guys, and I can only think of one or two peole that I know who think this way about girls.   Also, guys are wired differently than girls (understatement on ... (more »)

bballnumbr21 said...
Mar. 1 at 2:57 am:
i completly agree.Not all guys act this way thats like saying all girls want is the boyfriend with money and good looks we dont like to be sterotyped either. we get just as upset when the girl goes for the jerk instead of the guy who is actually there to listen to them. but we learn that this is going to happen and has probably happened to every guy. So in return we adopt the same strategy in hopes of making that same girl that hurt us notice us. Everyone wants to make things so difficult but th... (more »)

KenzieWolf said...
Feb. 19 at 10:30 am:
This is so true the only thing guys look for is big butt and boobs all of the time and they never look past that. Guys will tell you different but its always a lie. Always. I say dont trust em. I guys that i liked for a long time just backstabbed me for another girl and diddnt even have the guts to tell me himself. I found out over Instagram!!! Like what? So anyway this articles totally relates to my life

GageSayles said...
Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:48 am:
This is ridiculous; all of the assumptions you made are based off of your perspective. By the sounds of it, YOU find yourself unattractive, and that isn't any way to go about nabbing guys. I am a guy, and I can tell you that most guys don't care about looks unless they're looking for a short, stinted relationship. Anyone can deal with other's problems, because they have problems themselves.

shykk.shykk replied...
Jan. 19 at 6:49 pm :
wish i am there to witness it myself. :)  

BlondeLies said...
I'm blonde and I have never had a boyfriend or boy-toy.  All the boys in my school go after the Latina girls or the girls who's daddies have more money.  Girls may be blonde, but they're not always the girls boys want.  I'm an ugly blonde so although I like this writing, I also do not agree with it.

Riz568 replied...
Feb. 22 at 3:13 am :
I disagree too well I'm brown skin most boys look at me like I'm pretty one in particular tells me that I'm pretty put doesn't act on it I knew him since 4th grade and we use to be best friends I'm lost ?

transparantspirit434This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nice ideas, but here's one to chew on; Why do girls go for the cute guys? The ones with the skater boy hair cuts? The popular ones? With the blue eyes? The nice bodies? The full package? It isn't just guys; it's girls too. And if you don't go for this type of guy? Well... see? Not all girls go for the pretty guys, just like not all guys go for the cheeleader-type girls. Sometimes, we just... go for who we like. And this guy you are writing about, if you are writing about a sp... (more »)

Sky-sky said...
This is so true your great at the stories

Lexi_the_bullied_girl said...
That is so true there's thisboy I like but he likes a different girl-she's blonde-what do I do

DawnieRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:09 am:
I like this article, a lot. I think that we all sometimes like people who are attractive. I do too, but its really sad because they never like me back.... The other thing i wanted to say is that boys and/or girls are not confusing. I think its because we are different from each other and we cant understand the way the other thinks. Of couse that's only my opinion. :)  

bcakex1 said...
all of these comments are correct. i personally think that the guys you are talking about are simply stupid. a girl can be pretty, but does she really care about a guy or anything? most times not. i see girls everyday that date guys just to be able to say "i have a boyfriend." i mean, i respect your opinions just like everybody else, but i just dont feel the same way. when i like a girl i ask myself "does or will she even care?" looks are not what defines a person. a nice per... (more »)

Niquel said...
Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:16 pm:
While I agree this is true, it's the same on our end, too. As people, we're unconciously more attracted to "attractive" people. I feel increasingly bad for nice guys who aren't attractive that dote over twig-thin girls who won't give them the time of day. In this scenario, it's equal on both end. The guy goes for the pretty girl, but she doesn't want someone who isn't handsome. I think all people are like this to at least some degree.

IMSteelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 20, 2013 at 4:26 pm:
I am homeschooled, and so I have no idea what you mean by, "boys always go for the 'cute,' girls."  It is the character inside that determines a person, not the outer shell.   

bcakex1 replied...
Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:50 am :
thats true!

AliMotamedi said...
May 18, 2013 at 2:03 am:
now as a guy i can't help but feel the same about you girls. but over time i have learned many things icluding the fact that you can't judge a group of people by the actions of one or a few members. i get it for a girl it must be very difficult to understand the psychology of a guy. but lets be a little fair to each other once in a while! :D 

TheEleventhHourThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 9, 2013 at 8:45 pm:
ok while i do not want to sound rude towards you and your opinions, this article assumes a lot of stuff, and a lot of it isnt true. i mean, i have blonde hair and blue eyes, and so do two of my best friends, and its not like just because of that all the boys like us. and people are always saying teenage boys dont care about personality and all they care about is looks, and although i am a girl, on behalf of boys, i know that a lot of them do care about a girls personality. i get frustrated with ... (more »)

SilentNinjaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 10, 2013 at 3:41 pm :
Agreed :) you are definitely not like that