Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

on Feb. 8 at 10:52 am
EpsteinIsland, Cripston, District Of Columbia
Sorry all the boys want me. Get good, and cope.

Twizzy BRONZE said...
on Feb. 6 at 8:44 am
Twizzy BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

All the way to Mars

What grade are you in?

aa786 SILVER said...
on Jan. 6 at 10:07 pm
aa786 SILVER, Doylestown, Pennsylvania

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough" -Mae West

I like this poem because it talks about how most of the time that is what we see. I agree that girls can be confusing but also boys and so many other people. Thats what makes me like this poem so much.

Shyguy233 said...
on Mar. 15 2021 at 1:10 am
Shyguy233, Sydney, Other
Also I just want to say that girls are confusing too. I once told a girl that I had been friends with for years that I liked her and she literally threw up! I mean am I really that ugly???

Shyguy233 said...
on Mar. 15 2021 at 1:07 am
Shyguy233, Sydney, Other
@366275 Thank you for agreeing to me and if you still know those guys that you rejected then maybe go up to them and ask them out (if you aren't already in a relationship of course)

AuroraSchell said...
on Jan. 9 2021 at 4:37 pm
AuroraSchell, The Dalles, Oregon

I want you for worse or for better, I will wait forever and ever.

I really like this piece, But I (As a tall blonde with blue eyes) Have never been liked by guys because every guy I've ever liked went for a brunette, The guy I like at the moment is dating a Tall blonde that is a cheer coach...apparently.

366275 said...
on Jan. 5 2021 at 2:51 pm
366275, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Okay, okay. I LOVE THIS!! I really do appreciate some opening to this, you know? But let's get it from a boy's point of view. @Shyguy239 I completely agree with you. What if that boy likes you, but is afraid to tell you his feelings because he might get rejected. I'm a girl myself, but from my past (before I realized it), I used to reject some guys that could have been more than a friend. I understand the "Perfect, blue eyed, blonde hair" scenario, but the more we call them "perfect" focus on their insides. Like, focus on who they are as a person. They could be an absolute sweetheart, and be super kind, but you (not you, just using "you" as in general) could just assume that their toxic or disrespectful. Anyway, I completely agree with this piece of writing. I THINK THAT EVERYONE IS BEAUTIFUL!! -xoxo me.

JusHereTho said...
on Apr. 22 2020 at 11:23 pm
JusHereTho, Cavespring, Georgia

You become the most dangerous when you learn to control your emotions. - Anonymous

What's wrong with brown hair? What's wrong with hazel eyes? Why do we have to change to be loved?

emmypoppert said...
on Mar. 15 2020 at 7:42 pm
emmypoppert, Sacramento, California

- "Don't judge me you only see what I choose to show you."
- "If you can't get somebody off your mind, they are probably supposed to be there."
- "Why am I so afraid to lose you when you are not even mine."
- "Sometimes your heart cries, while your eyes are dry. And I think that's just the worst feeling."

This is so relatable I feel the exact same way This Is now one of my favorite articles and I voted it!

AprilCeCe06 said...
on Jul. 9 2019 at 12:22 pm
AprilCeCe06, Denton, Maryland

"Just 'cause you can't see it, doesn't mean it, isn't there"
One More Light, Linkin Park

SO FREAKING TRUE! I am being friend-zoned (sadly). Even though I never met the guy's girlfriend, I know her name: Emma. My friend Izzy says she's probably a blue eyed blonde! I was fuming for hours at the thought of it! 🙄

on Jun. 11 2019 at 4:07 pm
Makayla009 BRONZE, Granite Falls, Washington

you are the light in my darkness.

hello! I agree with you very much I think that boys are gross and dumb but i am straight and i have had two boyfriends and i regret it just focus on yourself girl you are you and you dont need to change that be yourself dont change to be with someone if they dont like or love you for who you are then they can go screw themselves :)

Shyguy239 said...
on May. 8 2019 at 7:34 pm
Shyguy239, Sydney, Other

You only live life once so make it worth it.

Also how do you make something then publish it up here in teen ink

Shyguy239 said...
on May. 8 2019 at 12:50 am
Shyguy239, Sydney, Other

Firstly I am a boy and I have never done anything this says. What happens is some boys do like you and they are probably ones who hang out with you very often and they don’t tell you because they think your cool and you might reject them(I know from experience.)

on Mar. 23 2019 at 8:10 pm
Misseliza BRONZE, Asheville, North Carolina

"If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you." -Terry Pratchett

I am blonde with blue eyes and I can honestly tell you that looking like that doesn’t help. Maybe it does in movies, but we all know how far from reality those are. Also, @VirginiaHeart, don’t bother with the boys that just go out with “cute” girls. They are not worth your time. (Not speaking from personal experience here. As I said, being blonde doesn’t mean you get all the guys).

on Dec. 4 2018 at 11:45 pm
marisakalei SILVER, Winchester, California
6 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Life is 10% what happens and 90% how you react to it
-Charles R. Swindoll

I just wanted to say that I'm a cheerleader and we aren't that bad :/

on Dec. 3 2018 at 12:34 pm
Teenpenguin101, Gibraltar, Other
I meant blonde

on Dec. 3 2018 at 12:33 pm
Teenpenguin101, Gibraltar, Other
At a party one of the popular boys wanted to kiss my friend and he claimed to like her one hour later he was asking out the bone popular dancer !!! I got soooo mad because I could tell he actually liked my friend

on Oct. 5 2018 at 10:58 am
riah-panda-14 BRONZE, Putnam, Connecticut
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

you can be anything you want to be

thank you so much

on Sep. 11 2018 at 10:52 am
vanessawaring, Linesville, Pennsylvania
AMEN to this!!! I honestly know some boys like this, and they are so annoying! But yet so cute! If only the movies came true..

jaimebarnes said...
on Sep. 11 2018 at 10:51 am
jaimebarnes, Linesville, Pennsylvania
I can relate to this so much thank you ;)