Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

PatyDiaz said...
on Apr. 1 2016 at 9:32 am
I really agree with this article because not all the girls that look good outside have good personality someone are very ugly and only play with the boys!!!

Edubs SILVER said...
on Mar. 29 2016 at 11:06 pm
Edubs SILVER, West Jordan, Utah

"But there's a hope waiting for you in the dark, you should know you're beautiful just the way you are. And you don't have to change a thing the world could change its heart. No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful." - Alessia

saying that boys only fall inlove with blonde hair, blue eyes is very stereo typical. I have blonde hair and blue eyes and no boys go for me. But I agree that boys are confusing but for other reasons

Edubs SILVER said...
on Mar. 6 2016 at 5:40 pm
Edubs SILVER, West Jordan, Utah

that's true. Although the statement that it's too opinionated.. it's in the opinion section for a reason

on Mar. 4 2016 at 3:20 am
Aspire_2.0 SILVER, Tirana, Other
Opinions everywhere, you can not judge a boy's taste in girls. Do not use your bad experience against boys. This is way too opinionated and is plain bad.

on Mar. 3 2016 at 7:14 am
QueenIsland123 BRONZE, Dubai, Other

It always seem impossible until it is done -Nelson Mandela

I completely agree with u!! Why cant boys just love a girl for who they are and not because of what they look like or if they are popular. All girls, no matter what colour or religion, are beautiful in their own way. Just a quick tip: Don't change urself for a guy. You are beautiful in ur own way and there is a boy out there who will see that and love u for who u r :)

on Feb. 17 2016 at 9:12 am
ScarletCity PLATINUM, High Ridge, Missouri

Anything that can be done, can be undone. ~Scarlet City
http://eepurl.com/dcyZMn

Seriously, though, Guys and girls brains are made up differently. Us girls think differently than guys. What we think is not, necessarily, what they think. But, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

YoungThug said...
on Feb. 1 2016 at 8:11 pm
YoungThug,
Boys aren't confusing neither are girls we just have a different view of things in the world.

Yeabsera said...
on Dec. 23 2015 at 6:27 pm
Yeabsera, Nashville, Tennessee
To all the girls out there, You are more beautiful and precious than you know.The most beautiful person you can be is you. (Not the cheerleaders,thought this is for you too.) Don't let a guys decision change YOU. I'm sure the guy himself doesn't have it all together either. If he doesn't see the rare beauty that is held inside of you, then honestly he doesn't deserve you. I'm not saying don't give him a chance, he might end up being the guy for you. And if he's not , just know that it's not over and learn from your mistakes. Have courage and know there is a greater force than humanity can imagine, that loves you with all his heart NO MATTER WHAT. Good luck!

on Dec. 18 2015 at 12:52 pm
Onediectionforever, Holland, Ohio

Love yourself and be happy and enjoy your teen life while you still are a teen:)

Shut up mark fat girls are betufiul and smart too to date boys are stupid ha ha take that

on Dec. 5 2015 at 8:36 am
Mark_____t BRONZE, Carrollton, Texas

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." ~Benjamin Franklin~

From a guys perspective, if a guy is dating an attractive girl purely because she is attractive then he's probably got other things on his mind then having a legit, healthy, relationship.

breebear351 said...
on Dec. 3 2015 at 10:01 pm
breebear351,

Ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim

I liked this one guy but he never noticed me because im on of those really awkward shy types and he liked on of the cheerleaders who was always sleeping around

on Oct. 14 2015 at 7:10 pm
Magicath BRONZE, Auburn, Alabama

"The boys, the girls, they all like Carmen
She gives them butterflies, bats her cartoon eyes"
-"Carmen" by Lana Del Rey

Don't be fooled. I know a guy I used to like who really liked my friend. She had brown hair and blue eyes. She was a lot "bigger than me" in that way and I was really sad to know he just saw me as friend. I know that boys are confusing because many cannot see what it is right in front of them. I have brown hair and brown eyes and he never liked me. I am now fine with it because me and my friend aren't very close and my guy friend is one of my best friends. He likes someone else and I am very happy for him. If anyone likes a best guy friend but they don't like you back, just wait for them or move on. It is their loss.

on Oct. 8 2015 at 12:15 am
ForstrangFreoh, Brisbane, Other

"We either exalt them as gods, or dismiss them as animals."
"Sometimes our favourite quotes reveal more about ourselves than the books and people we're quoting."

Ok, I'm not the greatest romantic adviser in the world, but I'll try to help. First, and this is most important, find out what you want. Obviously you want to be with him, but do you want most to be with him or to see him happy. Your decision between the two will make a massive difference. Next you should try to talk to him. Depending on his type of character I would suggest two methods. 1. Talk normally, subtly asking about the other girl and so forth. 2. Ask him openly about the issue. From there, you need to decide what to do. The most important thing to do is decide what you want and think is best, as I said before. This message might be a tad late and no longer relevant, but I hope it helps you somewhat. If you want to talk to me more, reply. Kind regards, Forstrang Freoh

on Oct. 8 2015 at 12:03 am
ForstrangFreoh, Brisbane, Other

The cheerleaders often get a lot of attention simply because they're "oh-so-pretty." Other girls who don't conform to such 'standards' of beauty are more likely to find someone who likes them for who they are, not for their butt. Follow ProfessionalJaywalker in their advice. Don't create a victim complex. Be you and hope that you'll meet the right guy. That is, honestly, the best thing you can do.

on Aug. 31 2015 at 12:34 pm
Sunshine5047 BRONZE, Henry County, Tennessee

One tree can make a million matches,
and one match can burn a million tree's.

It shouldn't matter what you look like, who care what color hair or eye's you have. It should matter who you are on the inside.

on Aug. 3 2015 at 9:32 pm
ProfessionalJaywalker GOLD, Rockville, Maryland

"Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were headed for shore." -Ray Bradbury (Fahrenheit 451)

Geez. From what I've seen, the girls only go for the attractive boys. It's a two way street. Don't create a victim complex for yourself--that's just going to make your life more difficult.

Revosok said...
on Jul. 31 2015 at 12:52 pm
Revosok, Bvnbv, Connecticut
This article is not sexist; it is hypocritical.

on Jun. 19 2015 at 8:40 pm
acunamatitty GOLD, Santa Maria, California

"Louis, Prada, Gucci." -Tequila

Thank you, I'm really glad you liked reading it.

on May. 17 2015 at 3:50 pm
WordAddict GOLD, Montclair, New Jersey

"Timshel!"

Sorry—I mean to put an apostrophe 's' after 'everyone'. Jesus I'm such a grammer freak.

on May. 17 2015 at 3:46 pm
WordAddict GOLD, Montclair, New Jersey

"Timshel!"

You had a boyfriend at twelve??? Everyone so precocious these days...