Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

on Jan. 24 2013 at 7:27 pm
FawnTLost BRONZE, Hudsonville, Michigan

"We are only human..." -Edward Elric

I agree with lots of people so far. On an off note all the "popular people" at my school look different. Of course they are some that look alike, but mostly they all have different hair color, different eye color, et cetera. Besides I used to think that the only "good looking" guys in my school were the "popular" ones. Then I met my boyfriend, I'm not popular by the standards set my everyone, but he liked me for being my weird self. Besides lets be honest who cares about whether you date someone popular, most all the "nerdy weirdo guys" I know are the most kind, compassionate, and amazing people. They won't treat you like trash. One thing, everything I have said DOES NOT apply to everyone.

Ar96 said...
on Dec. 17 2012 at 5:44 pm
In the movies, the boy prefer a cool, and interesting girl, just that,not the brunette girl, or blonde girl, and in real life, they will also prefer this, they just need time. 

Escape27 said...
on Dec. 12 2012 at 6:22 pm
Same here, I have natural blonde hair and blue eyes but have I heard from any guys yet? Nope.

on Dec. 12 2012 at 4:48 pm
i think shes saying blonde hair and blue eyes, because in most movies the popular girl has those features.

helloworld said...
on Dec. 12 2012 at 4:42 pm
that is my exact train of thought. where i go to school, its always the blonde robots who dress alike, listen to the same music, and cheerlead who get the guy. I am a brunette with brown eyes and i get none of the attention. My guy friends say that my eyes are big, beautiful and full of expression, they say im funny or they love hanging out with me, then they are smoochin some skinny mini blondy booby girly girl instead of me. and i attract all the potientail-rapists and wierdos. its like my cousin always said... Boys are like parking spaces, once all the good ones are taken, your stuck with the handy-capped. 

on Dec. 6 2012 at 12:13 pm
You are really right !! 

on Nov. 29 2012 at 11:16 am
DevilDancer SILVER, St. Charles, Michigan

"I rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i'm not..."

I have not had one either!

on Nov. 28 2012 at 8:29 pm
theatreamant BRONZE, Two Rivers, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Yeah same here, natural blue eyes and blonde hair and yet have I ever had a guy? nope.

on Nov. 26 2012 at 2:22 pm

That is so true I have blond hair and blue eyes and to some people that doesnt mean a thing!!

on Oct. 11 2012 at 11:05 pm
Lisa_Bhadd001 BRONZE, Augusta, Georgia

Blahh & Ewww

I wonder that

on Oct. 11 2012 at 2:09 pm
i believe the article is intresting because it makes us realize how sometimes guys are. that they prefer looks over personality and as a matter many people are superficial.

Bigboy88 said...
on Sep. 23 2012 at 11:23 pm
I am a Junior in High school. I start runningback on the varsity football team, and date a cheerleader. Sounds pretty stereotypical, right? But this cheerleader has brown hair, green eyes, and is very wholesome. Infact, when i kissed her after a month of dating, she felt things were moving to fast. what im getting at is this. not all cheerleaders are the same. not all Athletes are the same. I feel like this is reverse judging. its doing the same ting you say the cheer girls do, back to them. Why can't it all be based on personality and chemistry? why do all these other tags have to come along with it. It really bothers me to see the double standard.

silvafox121 said...
on Sep. 20 2012 at 9:15 pm
that is a good point. i agree cause i am blonde with blue eyes too, has anyone gone for me? not really

oceanssoul22 said...
on Sep. 17 2012 at 11:11 pm
Thank you for mentioning this! I have blonde hair and blue eyes, and I've never had a boyfriend-I'm also nineteen, by the way.

sierrahyatt said...
on Sep. 5 2012 at 12:06 pm
ahem,i have blonde hair and blue eyes!just because we have those things don't mean the guys go for us,they go for the "pretty" girls,not all blonds are "pretty" to them,like i have alittle pudge,and other blonds have things that guys don't like about them,just like any other girl,that's not all guys,just most of them >XD

on Aug. 12 2012 at 8:22 pm
TinyTiglet96 BRONZE, Coatesville, Pennsylvania
1 article 1 photo 4 comments

Try,Try again.

I know Right!! lol

on Aug. 12 2012 at 8:18 pm
1 article 1 photo 4 comments

Try,Try again.

So True  

on Aug. 12 2012 at 8:17 pm
1 article 1 photo 4 comments

Try,Try again.

I agree with him. Very well written and you got your point across clearly. Awesome job :)

on May. 29 2012 at 10:41 am
babygirlxcookie GOLD, Summerfield, North Carolina

Dont really have one

There is a preference for everyone. Looks aren't everything. Plus I think most guys date the cheerleaders because most of the "preps" aren't all right in the had. They can be very easy, if you know what I mean. Or they could just be very had to get. It goes both ways honestly

D.Rose BRONZE said...
on May. 10 2012 at 6:31 pm
D.Rose BRONZE, Centerville, Massachusetts

"At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet." Plato

I'm a guy, and i just wanted to say: I hate..well hate is a stong word. I dislike most of what we might call "preps" i love the Girl's with brown hair, With Glasses, and who are labled by these preps "Outcast" Also great writing. Loved it