Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

September 2, 2009
By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
2 articles 12 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3


Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.


The author's comments:
This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 745 comments.


on Apr. 6 2013 at 1:42 pm
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas
72 articles 0 photos 860 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

All of that makeup does not matter at all. You should be loving a girl for who she is on the inside. Beauty is just a plus.

on Apr. 1 2013 at 5:39 am
athenianstar BRONZE, Muscat, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Well it depends on the kind of guy you are talking about. Just find someone who likes you for hu you are

on Mar. 20 2013 at 11:27 am
TargonTheDragon GOLD, Ofallon, Missouri
15 articles 16 photos 292 comments

Favorite Quote:
First dentistry was painless.
Then bicycles were chainless,
Carriages were horseless,
And many laws enforceless.

Next cookery was fireless,
Telegraphy was wireless,
Cigars were nicotineless,
And coffee caffeineless.

Soon oranges were seedless,
The putting green was weedless,
The college boy was hatless,
The proper diet fatless.

New motor roads are dustless,
The latest steel is rustless,
Our tennis courts are sodless,
Our new religion — godless.

the millisecond i read the title "why are boys so confusing" i thought to my self...."no, the title should be, why are GIRLS so confusing!"

sabrinaawdi said...
on Mar. 20 2013 at 11:25 am
I agree with you dude. 

Sabrinaawdi said...
on Mar. 20 2013 at 11:24 am
I have read some articles written by teens and have thoroughly enjoyed them despite the amount of disclosure attached to it. Thanks for creating a zone for teenagers to unleash their feelings and whatever comes to mind. :)

fadevmust said...
on Mar. 12 2013 at 2:02 pm
You sir clearly have no experience with women. You cannot assume that just because someone is a brunnette, she does not take care of herself or put in effort to look good. The things you have mention are all shallow and just skin deep, and truly should not matter. Also, do yourself a favor and learn to spell.

on Mar. 5 2013 at 7:00 pm
Are you seriously steriotyping people like this? I'm a cheerleader, blonde, and a mega nerd. I am proudly the member of several fandoms, and can quote harry potter and doctor who on conmand. I hate it when people assume that I'm a dumb stuck-up bitch just becasue I'm a blonde cheerleader. 

on Feb. 26 2013 at 9:12 pm
ItsMyLife SILVER, Athens, Wisconsin
5 articles 2 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
“There comes a time in your life when you have to let go of all the pointless drama and the people who create it and surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus solely on the good. After all, life is too short to be anything but happy.”
-Anonymous

I just wanted to say that is not entirely true. I'm blonde, and I am very unpopular. In fact, the most popular people in my school are brunettes! So saying that guys always go for the blondes isn't true. I find that almost insulting to blondes to say that we get all the boys.

anon said...
on Feb. 25 2013 at 1:45 am
do you know why guys like blonds...it is because lots of blonds are fake blonds...and fake blonds are the girls who try realy hard to look good. if a curly haired brunet or a puts the same amount of effort into clearing skin, dieting, exersizing, and messing with thier hair in the mornings...they can be just as beutiful. in fact...they will have more men swarming them because a super hot curly brunet is so much more rare than a blonde (mostly because hot girls make themselves blonde).

anon said...
on Feb. 25 2013 at 1:35 am
i love dark lushious curls!!...but sorry...im interested in a redhead of average atractevness at the moment. personality beats looks for all the guys worth having, but you'l get more guys evaluating your personality if you keep your curls lushious. i look like jon snow from game of thrones...makes me angry how he can keep his hair is less frizzy than mine when he is   busy fighting in a blizzard... TV is never realistic.

anon said...
on Feb. 25 2013 at 1:12 am
this is definatly true. i am a guy and i have only been seriously interested in 2 girls, one with natural brunet hair and glasses, and the one i am about to ask out this weekend is a redhead. they are both nothing special as far as atractiveness, but what is similar with them is the way they act and dress seems to indicate that i could get along with them well. looking good defenatly helps, but dont think that means die your hair blonde for aproval. guys who are looking for something serious are looking for your personality traits. wear whatever style you think looks good wether it be bright blue hair, khakis, or a dress. if you dont want to stand out too much (which can be an atractive trait to some guys), having a tee shirt with something you are passionate about on it can be very helpfull...(snowboarding teeshirt would instantly get me interested).  the one thing that will help for ALL guys is looking like you care about your body...which generally means caring about your body.   PS.i think super pale skin and wavy black hair is the hottest...and im not goth.

nileak said...
on Feb. 25 2013 at 12:39 am
as an atractive non blonde girl...you are attracting the men who think deeper than "i like blonds because thier popular". if a guy asks you out it is more likely to be because he likes "you" than that he likes your body. because he actually cares how things go between you and doesnt just think of you as a prize, the so called,"wiedo",who is staring you down is trying to see how you react because he needs to be sure you are in to him. this is because he doesnt want to ask you out just to be rejected which would hurt him more than "the popular guy". imagine if girls had to ask guys out and plan the date. would you be able to ask someone out without knowing if they liked you or not? if so...how would you know were to take them without creeping on them to find out what kind of things they might like? if you arent brave enough to ask someone out before you know thier into you... how do you propose getting them to show signs that they like you without letting them know you are trying to make them do this?...if you realy get the feeling that guy is a rapist you should avoid him...but if he just seems awkward...try looking back in his eyes smiling and flipping your hair...or something equally obvious. once he is positive he can aproach you he wont be so awkward. Awkward guys are awkward because they dont want thier feelings hurt...because they have feelings that they actually think about...and they will think about yours too if you let them know that is ok with you.

zoeyysmiles said...
on Feb. 23 2013 at 9:22 pm
Look, the girls who look for super hot guys to sweep them off their feet, and aren't super hot themselves aren't stupid, they just have too high of standards. I get that, because I have the same problem. That's why I just don't date. Learn to be independent, and you will never get hurt or have to settle for some guy you don't want. Eventually, if you stop searching for love, love with find you and you will end up with the guy you love, sexy or not.

zoeysmiles said...
on Feb. 23 2013 at 9:13 pm
I'm sorry but I can't see how you could expect that to be a good reply to this article. You might've disproved the bodily features thing, but you just proved how cliche your relationship is, and how to most girls this just proves that only the cheerleaders, no matter how innocent and sweet, are going to get the guy.

on Feb. 23 2013 at 7:20 am
Amy64091 BRONZE, Rochester, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 4 comments
you shouldn't lie just to  keep some one happy

on Feb. 19 2013 at 5:43 pm
bruisedmemories ELITE, Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
109 articles 10 photos 62 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When you're young, you can fly, but we trip on clouds 'cause we get too high" -The Band Perry (Song: Don't Let Me Be Lonely)
"Cause no matter what, you'll never be alone" -Lady Antebellum (Song: Compass)

I do agree that boys are confusing lol. I just don't understand them sometimes. But, I have blonde hair and blue eyes and I am not chased by many boys lol. I don't know if it's just my odd school or what, but it seems like the brunettes get more attention then the blondes. But as for the cheerleader part and the part about how boys are confusig, I personally 100% agree with it. Still, very nice job and very well written.

on Jan. 29 2013 at 11:08 pm
Slackerjack BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"A man chooses, a slave obeys" - Andrew Ryan

I am part of the male gender and I just want to say something, it happens to us too. Actually, it happens quite often. Have you ever heard of the term "friend zoning"? If you havent; its basically considered tourture to us. It is when a very nice girl whom you like seduces you, yet never becomes your girlfriend. Eventually she hooks up with a (for a lack of a better term) douchebag that she found two days ago. It is quite sad really, it happens to me alot.

on Jan. 28 2013 at 7:16 pm
...And nobody ever even notices the ginger. lol.

on Jan. 25 2013 at 10:37 am
as an unpopular guy i do think that brown hair blue eye girls are cuter than blonde hair girls and i think that green eye girls are cuter than blonde hair blue eye girls i think the reason most popular guys go after the blonde hair blue eyes is because of peer pressure cause they're the most "popular" girls in the school so thats just my thought

khan1215 said...
on Jan. 24 2013 at 10:29 pm
You're so wrong its not even funny. Do you know what's confusing? Women. You are the mystery. We have to invent all sorts of lies just to keep you happy. And the blonde-hair blue-eye thing is bull. There are some really ugly people like that. Personally, I prefer brunettes anyway. So learn something.