Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

on Apr. 14 2015 at 11:03 pm
Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

Aw. It's nice to hear that, because I have no muscle whatsoever (;-;) Well, I did notice how she mentioned "Boys always go for the pretty girls" in such a way that made it sound like she wasn't pretty or like the girls men don't fall in love with aren't pretty. That's very untrue, because in my personal belief, every woman is beautiful. Sometimes men don't date beautiful women because they simply aren't attracted to them or don't wish to enter a meaningful relationship with them.

on Apr. 14 2015 at 12:29 pm
ABPippins SILVER, League City, Texas

To die may be an awfully big adventure, but to love is an even grander affair -myself

As a girl, this slightly offended even me. We stereotype guys all the time for "liking/desiring" what we think is a social norm of popularity, but at the same time, we girls can be stereotyped as only liking jocks or guys with sexually appealing bodies. Personally, I prefer a tall guy (that hasn't stopped me from dating somebody closer to my height before) with a bit of meat on his bones. Too much muscle can be unattractive and frankly, harder to hug.

on Apr. 14 2015 at 12:22 pm
ABPippins SILVER, League City, Texas

Just be patient and look for somebody who chooses you for you and don't be so picky as to turn them down because they don't meet your standards of attractive. Somebody that you don't find beautiful or handsome could be the kind of person who will go to the ends of the Earth for you because they have that kind of heart. Physical beauty can easily be marred by a foul personality. As the witches say in Macbeth: "Fair is Foul and Foul if Fair..."

Kaysie said...
on Apr. 13 2015 at 11:06 pm
Except im the blonde hair blue eye cheerleader and guys avoid me like the black plague

on Mar. 24 2015 at 9:10 am
MrsCapela BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

This was a great piece!

ahsfreak said...
on Mar. 14 2015 at 6:19 pm
I DONT THINK ALL BLONDES GET THE BOYS! I had my first boyfriends when I was 12 and I have brown hair and green eyes! DONT LISTEN TO THEM

on Mar. 13 2015 at 10:03 pm
OMGGGGGGG!!!! That is so true!! Boys will be all over u in 6th grade because he likes your hazel eyes and black hair and the next year he will total ignore u because he's DATING a blonde hair and blue eyed cheerleader in 7th grade! WTF BOYS!!!! STICK WITH THE GIRL U LIKE NOT THE POPULAR ONE!!! STUPID!!!!

kellyevelyn2 said...
on Mar. 2 2015 at 9:41 pm
kellyevelyn2, Modesto, California

You are going to die in 7 days.

Boys, when you leave them, and they are with another girl is because it shows you that they moved on, and they are wanting to be in love or is really a real jerk.

lucyyh said...
on Feb. 13 2015 at 3:16 am
lucyyh, Melbourne, Other

kaylee is me

SOMEONE HELP PLEASE my crush i really like him we have talked for almost 3 months and he goes to my school same year. When i talk to him i am so happy and get butterflies because we joke about each other and he really listens to me but he started to like this girl and it made me so depressed and annoyed. At school i am in non of his classes and im so scared to actually talk to him in real life and he knows i like him i think someone tell me how to handle it please

on Feb. 11 2015 at 12:46 pm
Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

Thank you. I also felt slightly offended by this; it's very stereotypical and slightly sexist. I'd like to write an answer article, to be honest. I am a comeplete feminist, but this goes beyond feminism and is sexist.

maegan12 said...
on Jan. 22 2015 at 7:41 pm
well im a blonde with blue eyes but not a cheerleader but i really like this guy hes my bestfriend and he falls for the two red head girls in my grade and they r so mean to me just because i do everything with him he always says they r so sweet but to me if i found out someone i liked was being mean to my bestfriend i would not like them. so why is he falling for mean girls, and why doesnt he like me, sometimes i think he likes me the next hes talking about how pretty they are. can someone really give me some advice.

on Jan. 21 2015 at 4:25 pm
Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard. there -.- **their

jasmine said...
on Dec. 27 2014 at 5:14 pm
that is so not fir boy are just as same just more confusing

klayton0218 said...
on Nov. 20 2014 at 12:09 pm
This is sexist, girls can be the same way 

on Sep. 27 2014 at 8:45 pm
LeonardoLong7 SILVER, Roseville, California
Because teenagers are brought up on visuals. Boys and gilrs alike prefer to base decisions on looks before depth. It is a sad truth, and an unfortunate one not changing any time soon. However, with time comes experience, and with that comes a better understanding of what's truly important. Keep your chin up, don't lose faith, and you'll make it there.

Mr. Ruffles said...
on Sep. 25 2014 at 4:34 pm
Yea, I am a boy and I do not like the "populer" girls...I go for the girls that I honestly like that have a good personality :3 I just like to be with girls that have a good personality. Not populer girls.

on Sep. 19 2014 at 3:53 pm
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Not all boys prefer pretty and/or girls with blond and blue eyes. That's not entirely true.    I agree, that sometimes boys can be confusing and hard to understand. But don't you sometimes wonder, if we're like that to boys too? Or maybe even more to boys?    And also, the right one will love you for who you ruly are, if you are willing to wait patiently.    You have talent and greatness in you; I hope you know that. Your article is amazingly and honestly written. Thank you for sharing this. ^_^

AustinR BRONZE said...
on Aug. 26 2014 at 10:01 am
AustinR BRONZE, Miami, Florida
ok so im going to have to disagree, because im a guy and i dont like blondes with blue eyes. Thats really stereotypical and hurts a bit. I hate that classic cheerleader popular girl that everyone wishes they had, I prefer brunettes with dark eyes and with a personality instead of a pretty face and body with nothing in between their ears. Sure a girl might not have as cute a body as the next one but as long as she has personality and characteristics to match mine i'd prefer her. I like skinny rocker/skater girls that go along with who I am instead of a cheerleader any day.

on Jun. 21 2014 at 1:51 pm
BarzaitheWise BRONZE, Springfield, Massachusetts

Don't Let the bastards get you down

-Kris Kristofferson

Girls don't exactly come with an instruction manual.

on May. 23 2014 at 7:46 am
Boys ar dumb to mess with a girls head