Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

Niquel said...
Niquel, Lipan, Texas

If you don't design your own plan, you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.

-Jim Rohn

While I agree this is true, it's the same on our end, too. As people, we're unconciously more attracted to "attractive" people. I feel increasingly bad for nice guys who aren't attractive that dote over twig-thin girls who won't give them the time of day. In this scenario, it's equal on both end. The guy goes for the pretty girl, but she doesn't want someone who isn't handsome. I think all people are like this to at least some degree.

IMSteel BRONZE said...
IMSteel BRONZE, Wallhala, South Carolina

"Learn from Yesterday, live for Today, hope for Tomorrow" - Albert Einstein

"Brevity is the Soul of Wit" - The Which

I am homeschooled, and so I have no idea what you mean by, "boys always go for the 'cute,' girls."  It is the character inside that determines a person, not the outer shell.   

AliMotamedi said...
on May. 18 2013 at 2:03 am
AliMotamedi, Ampang, Other
now as a guy i can't help but feel the same about you girls. but over time i have learned many things icluding the fact that you can't judge a group of people by the actions of one or a few members. i get it for a girl it must be very difficult to understand the psychology of a guy. but lets be a little fair to each other once in a while! :D 

on May. 12 2013 at 12:33 am
Childofthemind BRONZE, San Marcos, California
HaHa I think this article is good but I find it amusing because I am a guy and I feel the exact same way about girls. why do they always go for the "hot" guys?

steelsoprano DIAMOND, Cincinnati, Ohio
Haha I love Harry potter too

steelsoprano DIAMOND, Cincinnati, Ohio
Agreed :) you are definitely not like that

BlueSupernova ELITE, Cincinnati, Ohio

"Damn it, Ted!"

ok while i do not want to sound rude towards you and your opinions, this article assumes a lot of stuff, and a lot of it isnt true. i mean, i have blonde hair and blue eyes, and so do two of my best friends, and its not like just because of that all the boys like us. and people are always saying teenage boys dont care about personality and all they care about is looks, and although i am a girl, on behalf of boys, i know that a lot of them do care about a girls personality. i get frustrated with boys too sometimes, but sometimes you have to think before you spout off stereotypes that can hurt others.

Dash said...
on May. 1 2013 at 3:00 am
I surrender with my ego as a man. Nothing can be truer than this one.

on Apr. 30 2013 at 9:12 am
Wings10FeetTall GOLD, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

Nobody's going to wait for you, so do it now.
-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

Thank you.

nicoWM7 said...
on Apr. 30 2013 at 1:16 am
nicoWM7, Tegucigalpa, Other

i don't know

I like how both of you think :P

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

I agree. We both sound fairly arrogant.

NinoM BRONZE said...
on Apr. 29 2013 at 3:38 am
NinoM BRONZE, Walker, Michigan
Really liked the piece, though I (as a boy) can say that looks is definitely not the first thing I (consciously) look for.  Having someone attractive is great, son't get me wrong, but personality is the biggest thing for me (it's kind of bad, I admit, but I cannot date someone who's not at least close to on par with my intellegence (and yes, I realize how arrogant I sound right now).

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

I agree with fadevmust.

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

This makes me think of something that I heard (or maybe read) once. 'If you go into a relationship only for looks, then it will inevidently fail'. This may not always be the case, but it does seem true most of the time. The words flow beautifully on this article, but there are a few sterotypes. The first is that you make it seem like all girl with blond hair and blue eyes are self-absorbed bubbleheads (sorry if that offended anybody). But one of my friends has the same eye/hair color, and she's one of the smartest people I know, and smarter than me by a long shot. Also, why assume that guys only go for girls like that? The last thing that I would want would to be in a relationship is somebody who is self-absorbed, no matter how pretty they are or how good they make me look. I honestly had a nightmare about that happening to me once. I've only ever really been attracted to one girl in my life, and she had brown hair/eyes.

sarah98 BRONZE said...
sarah98 BRONZE, Holyoke, Massachusetts

It is better to write for yourself and have no audience than write for your audience and have no self.

I don't want to sound rude, but i think that there is alot of assumption in this article. I know several people (alothoug i;m not one of them) that fall under alot of the details you mentioned. Blonds, blue eyes, cheeleaders--physical appearence can in no way dictate a persons personality. 

Britt_Low14 said...
on Apr. 22 2013 at 11:33 am
Britt_Low14, Weatherly, Pennsylvania

Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead you to the sunny side of life. And everyone deserves a little sunshine. ~Jeffrey Glassberg

I resoect your thoughts and views, but this is sterotyping. I don't judge or pre-judge anyone. All boys are different. There are reasons to why they chose whom they pick. Everyone has different tastes and styles.

J1029 SILVER said...
J1029 SILVER, Tampa, Florida

Sing like no one is listening,
Dance like no one is watching,
Love like you've never been hurt and
Live like it's heaven on earth.

- Mark Twain

See that's the problem athenianstar. Guys don't get to know you unless you are pretty or popular.

on Apr. 13 2013 at 1:13 am
Drac-in-Black GOLD, London, Ohio

"Never apologizing for feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth." - Benjamin Disraeli

While I respect your views, this article is an example of what is called a stereotype. 

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

But notice that the nice guys never end up with stuck-up jerks at the end of movies/books, no matter the hair color! It's only the antagonists that end up with jerky girls.

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

I agree with Amy; yes, we're a bit confusing, but you shouldn't have to lie just to keep a relationship in order. Why would you do that? I understand that we girls love compliments, but they don't have to be LIES. Tell her the truth about what you love about her.