Slender

The_Doctor
Slender
Summary: The mask over the man’s face was heavy and plastered; his breathing was limited to short breaths that were labored. The trees danced with the wind as it came in gusts that signaled a storm coming. Hopefully he would have time to do what he needed to do in this short amount of time. The man wore a suit, all black, even with a black tie. He wore gloves, albino in nature to his skin. He straightened his tie anxiously as he waited for a good fifteen minutes. In impatience, he began walking through the maze of oak trunks and through the crackling of the dying leaves below his feet. The leaves were crinkled and dry, withered and old. Winter was coming and swiftly approaching, it was November. A gust of wind blew by and sent a shiver down the man’s spine. He grounded his teeth together, in chill and impatience, as he continued to wait. Soon enough, he heard similar crackling to the steps of his own. He grinned under his face mask and hid behind a tree. The singing of a youthful child came echoing through the trees. He seemed to be skipping, singing about the alphabet and about math. He skipped past the man’s tree, and the man began pursuit. Walking slowly, he waited until the fence was 600 yards away. The boy stopped suddenly.

“Mister? Where did you go? You said I’d see my mommy instead of going home on the bus... Mister?” his high-pitched voice rang out straight ahead.

Making no noise, the man grabbed the little boy’s backpack with-out making particular notice to him-self. The boy felt a small tug on the pack however, and turned around to face a pale white head. No eyes, nose or mouth. No hair, no expression. The boy let out a scream and thrust his backpack off and at the man. He darted to the left, paralleling the fence, and tried to go back the way he came. He ran faster and faster, fearing that he would be caught by the big and tall man with no face. He saw a figure ahead of him and he smiled triumphantly. He began shouting ‘help’, and he now began to cry. He stopped running and cried. He did not cry because he was scared, not even that he had found a person. He was crying because the figure in front of him was the Slender-man.

This book has 6 comments. Post your own now!

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 12 at 12:15 am
I only made it to chapter 5 tonight, but I will surely read the rest tomorrow! Keep up the great work! ^_^

JRayeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is awesome! I wasn't real familar with "the slender man" before, but I have to say this is a cool story! Really well written, really intriging! The emotional elements with Steven and Jason were perfect, fit in the story perfectly. Great job, keep writting! :)

Childofthemind said...
dude you have a gift. and on a website spesifically for gifted and tallented writers you are in a class all your own. keep writing.    :D

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The photo accompanying this story intrigued me, so I decided to read this entire novel. You're an excellent writer! At first I was a bit confused at the rapid changes in point of view, but you tied it together beautifully in the end. The only thing that I found odd was that in chapter 13 you had "(man vs. man)" following one of your paragraphs. Other than that, awesome job! :D

The_Doctor replied...
The first response to my book, and it is positive. Thank you. Yes, I apologize to you and other readers for the (man vs man) typo, it was not meant to be there. But, since it is, I will explain it. "Man vervus man" conflict involves stories where characters are against each other. This is an external conflict. The conflict may be direct opposition, as in a gunfight or a robbery, or it may be a more subtle conflict between the desires of two or more characters, as in a romance or a... (more »)

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Haha, I know and it's okay. ^_^ I figured that this was probably originally for a book report in your English class and the teacher must have had you point out the types of conflict within your work (or that you had done it for your own benefit to make sure that you included a variety of different conflicts). Anyways, excellent work and have a great day! :D