The Social Class Beast

Author's note: Currently I'm still working on this story. I was inspired by Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Currently I'm still working on this story. I was inspired by Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I thought, what would a beast be in a high school setting. Heres the results.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next »

The Pains Of Family

I walked away from the bus stop and headed up the road towards my house. I had finally let go of the guilt I felt for spilling milk on KC. Kat kept saying that he deserved it for pissing me off and eventually I started agreeing with her. My feet were scuffing the ground as I took my time to get home. Eventually, I made it to my driveway. Sighing, I passed the white picket fence as I walked through the gate and to my front door. My fingers clutched the door knob, and hesitantly I opened the door.
Sorry its been so long guys, I started college and forgot to post the new chapters on here :o sooooo I plan to finish writing this by January. Hope you guys enjoy!!! <3
I knew my careless mother wouldn’t be home, but she wasn’t the one I was frightened of. Cautiously I stepped into the house and shut the door almost silently. Hoping my father was in the garage, I started to head upstairs, careful as to not make a sound.

“I thought I heard my little toy come home for Daddy.” His gruff, drunken speech made me speed up, trying to get to my room before he could get to me. Somehow he managed to catch up and wrap his arm around my waist. I struggled as he pulled me closer and shoved his tongue down my throat. The horrid taste of alcohol overwhelmed me. His chubby fingers itched their way up my shirt. Angrily, I shoved him away from me and bolted to my room.

The lock clicked and shakily I headed to my closet, sitting inside it and closing the door. I got into the fetal position and started to sob into my knees. Everyday I had to go through this obstacle. My father was at my bedroom door, pounding on it and demanding that I opened the door for him. I just hid in the closet, afraid that one of these days he’d knock the my bedroom door down.

After a while I took a few deep breaths and fumbled around for my e-reader. My friends and books were the only escapes I had from this Hell I called home. As I waited for the screen to load, I debated whether or not if I should call the police this time. On one hand with his alcohol and drug abuse, I could eventually get hurt, or worse, pregnant. But, on the other hand he was my father and I didn’t want to go into foster care. I stared at my cell phone for a few minutes before putting it down and reading a few chapters in the newest werewolf series.

Eventually my father stopped pounding on my door. I knew he either passed out or went back out to the garage. So I turned off my e-reader and walked out of my closet, grabbing my bag as I headed to my window. There was a nice Loblolly Pine that had grown conveniently in the front of my house and the branches were just within an arms reach. It was a perfect climbing tree and made it easy to get in and out of my house without my father noticing. Once on the ground I wiped my sappy hands onto my jeans and walked casually away from the house.

I wasn’t sure where I wanted to go, my feet just sort of led me. My feet wandered as my eyes just took in the view, getting sidetracked from my home life. Eventually I stopped at a park in the next town over and sat on one of the swings. It was late and dark, and just simply relaxing. The air was cool and there wasn’t anyone to judge me or make sly remarks. Just me. Perfect. I sighed and threw my bag on the ground. Only one more year... well technically two if I counted the rest of junior year... until I could go to college and finally move out. I’d shun my family and live the rest of my life without my pedo father and my whore mother. And maybe, in my college life, I would find a sweet respectable guy who likes anime and books too.

Smirking to myself, I gently pushed myself forward on the swing slightly. The metal groaned softly in the quiet night air. When you’re a kid you watch TV and think that in highschool you will become popular. That you’d have a boyfriend and everything would be perfect. That you’re parents would support you and help you through life... Then reality punches you hard in the gut and makes you vomit what you thought you learned during your childhood.

I was a stupid kid.

But that had quickly changed.

I started to hum quietly to myself a song that I had found in one of my many books as I felt the urge to just break down and cry. However, I couldn’t, my sobbing from earlier reaped me of all my tears. So instead, I focused on my song and kept swinging slightly.

“How come you always have an aura of misery around you?” A voice asked. I shrugged as he sat on the swing next to me. “And don’t you live in the neighborhood over?”

“Demitri...” I sighed and shook my head, looking over at my friend. He was a year younger than me and had a slight childish look to him. His maroon colored hair created a dramatic look against his pale skin. If he were straight we would’ve already been a couple. He was so perfect and just knew me too well. “I don’t even know how to respond to that... I’m not miserable...”

“No... But you’re upset... You know I can sense it.” Demitri nudged me. He was the curious gossiper at the school and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to tell him anything.

“Just because you’re a witch doesn’t mean you can weasel your way into my business.” I stuck my tongue out at him. He studied wicca, and I admit, he was pretty skilled. I wasn’t a believer in magic myself until I met Demitri. He showed me some interesting spells and junk at one point in time, but I didn’t hang out with him much outside of school.

“I’ll bring my tarot cards tomorrow and give you a reading after school. I really think you need it.” Demitri stood up and stretched, causing the swing’s chains to jump and chatter. “But I need to get going home now, stop being so sad, its bringing me down and I’m supposed to be the joyful flamboyant one.”

“Okay, sounds like a plan.” A fake smile curved across my face before he turned around and walked away. Once he was out of sight I gave a small breathy sigh and got to my feet, digging a pen out of my bag, before taking one of the long, winding backroads home. It was a nice old dirt road, forgotten and beautiful in the crisp autumn night. It lead slightly away from the suburbs and curved just beyond the lights and houses. Nothing but forest and the sound of the lake’s water lapping at the shore in the distance. It calmed me but I was still reluctant to go home. The pen was clenched tight in my hand, its funny how I could fend myself from a stranger but once my father attacks, I don’t defend myself.

Frowning, I looked at the ground, watching my shoes drag along the ground, sending up small dust clouds.

“Hey are you alright?” It sounded like KC and I immediately snapped my head up. Squinting in the bad lighting, I noticed that it wasn’t KC, but someone else.

“I’m fine, what do you care?” I snapped and kept walking, brushing past the weird guy in a white hoodie.

“Because its dangerous walking down here at night.” He responded, grabbing my shoulder and turning me to face him.

Oh, I’ll turn for him I thought, spinning around and slamming the point of the pen hard into his shoulder. The thickness of his hoodie was an inconvenience, but he’d have a nice bruise in the morning.

“Don’t touch me.” My voice came out as a hiss, a warning. I noticed that his sleeves were pushed up to his elbows. If he touched me at all, I’d stab him in the forearm. “I’ve been walking here all my life, who are you to tell me where I should and shouldn’t walk?”

He pointed to the huge old creepy house that was in the distance behind him.

“I just moved in, I’m going to start school tomorrow.” The guy said with a grin. It was creepy and weird. I liked this guy.

“Interesting. You’re the only one that would live in that creepy ghost mansion, good luck with that.” I turned away and started walking towards my house.

“Wait! do you want a ride?! I’m Bentley by the way!”

I just waved him off and went home. Done, I was done with people today.

Getting home eventually, I went in through the front door. My dad is normally in the garage this late at night. Normally I’d be able to go into the kitchen and get dinner and everything would be fine.

I can’t believe I let my guard down.

KAUSHIKI said...
Apr. 29, 2011 at 6:12 am:
this novel rocks!!!!!!!!!

Vanendra replied...
May 6, 2011 at 9:16 am :
Thank you very much!! <3

leaf44 said...
Love the book!  Can't wait for more and btw - I <3 Shiver!!!

Vanendra replied...
Apr. 28, 2011 at 8:53 am :
Thanks...for my book and art projects for school im making a music video for Linger. <3

Karma said...
I knew I should of never read this nove..... It's way to good, now I am obbsessed and I will hardly rest until you finish it!!!!!!

Vanendra replied...
Apr. 26, 2011 at 8:46 am :
thankyou!!!! :D i'm guesstimating the next chapters to be accepted by next week

kindled130 said...
I really like this book! If only I could get over my writers block, and finally post a book on teen ink! I'm very excited to read more of your story though!!!

Vanendra replied...
Oct. 31, 2011 at 11:30 am :
thanks!! I posted new chapters, i hpe you like them!! :D

seara4u said...
You have to hurry! I check, like, every hour! Not really, but you get the point.

Donttrust said...
This is so good! I can't wait to read more!!! post soon!

Vanendra replied...
Oct. 31, 2011 at 11:29 am :
posted more!!! :D

Vanendra said...
Apr. 18, 2011 at 12:47 am:
okay I know you're all wondering where all my new chapters are...well I actually wrote out five more chapters that have yet to be typed. with my original computer down due to a stupid virus -.- I have to type it up on my grandma's PC over spring break... OMG!!! I can't wait to share these chapters with you guys!! ^-^

Vanendra said...
Apr. 12, 2011 at 8:53 am:
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I try to control the cussing because some people like it and some people find it unnecessary. I had more chapters to post but my computer got a virus so I'm stuck typing on the school's computers. Expect more chapters by Friday :D

PurpleWriter replied...
Apr. 17, 2011 at 11:39 am :
this is a good book. hey, i submitted the first two chapters of my book like 4 weeks ago and i haven't gotten the email saying " Your book is now online" how long does it usually take for them to be put online?

Vanendra replied...
Apr. 18, 2011 at 12:42 am :
It depends when the editors decide to check it. it may take a few hours or it may take a month to get published. I wish I could help more :3 I hate waiting for my things to be published too.

PurpleWriter replied...
Apr. 18, 2011 at 6:25 am :

oh ok thanks

PurpleWriter replied...
May 12, 2011 at 6:27 am :
It's finally on!!!!!!! Its called The Searcher's Allies. Go to fiction novels and most recent. It is on page 5. I hope you can check it out and maybe tell me what you think of it.

triathlete99 said...
This book is so amazingly good! Your writing is perfect, only like 2 mistakes in the whole thing! Please post the rest soon!!

Vanendra replied...
Apr. 12, 2011 at 8:53 am :
Thanks...I will by friday :D

xXpOpTaRtLoLxX said...

I'd really enjoyed reading this for sure! I loved reading the fight for sure. Am glad that the  words are clean....I enjoy that part. It's good that you could control the ammount of cussing here, great job.

-Chanelle:D