Mountain Dew | Teen Ink

Mountain Dew

By electroclysmic, Three Rivers, Michigan
electroclysmic, Three Rivers, Michigan

Hatred and sorrow are power. They are yours to control. All you have to do is turn them into strength, and use that strength to move forward.

Summary:

When it came down to things, Caroline Akers was very fourtunate. Of course she wasn't the richest person in the world, but she was blessed with the little things in life. Parents that loved her, a very nice house in the countryside, beauty, and a strong wealth. But most of all, Caroline had a curiosity. A compelling one that. And that curiosity would bring her right to Aiden. Dark and mysterious, there was something that attracted light and perky Caroline to him. And that little seven year old would have never expected the nine year friendship she would have with him.

Aiden had a secret, one almost too big to hide. It broke him apart inside and out, tearing at his soul as much as his physical body. Caroline would find herself faced with this truth. The truth that her friend had been silently suffering with for almost ten years. And Caroline would have to keep the dark secret to herself to save Aiden's life. Until the day that his life could not be saved.

Kathryn T.

Mountain Dew