Pirate's Kiss

Author's note: This piece was inspired really weirdly. I was drinking red bull then watching the duchess and...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This piece was inspired really weirdly. I was drinking red bull then watching the duchess and then Pirates of The Caribbean. Then I fell asleep.
That has to be the freakiest dream in the world. God that was odd.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Another Persons Shoulder

Chapter Three
I don’t know how long I sat there, crying into Nathaniel’s shoulder. I daren’t tell father or my stepmother. It would cause far too much commotion and unwanted attention. I felt Nathaniel’s hand floating across my hair.
“He kissed me,” I sniffled, stuttering the words out. “W-w-why did he do that?”
Nathaniel stopped and tensed.
“Naddy,” I said teasingly, prodding him in the side.
“It’s just sealing the deal, something pirates
I dedicate this to my mom. Because well. she's my mom. Which fits in well with the 'Another Person's Shoulder' chapter. Love you mom, Don't get big headed, It's not fun.
do.” He muttered into my ear.
As soon as his voice reached my mind. I shuddered and jerked upwards. “There are pirates here?” My voice was croaky and my eyes blotchy from crying. “That’s what he is?”
“Yes,”
Pirates. I just made a deal with a pirate. To allow him to take me on my twenty first birthday. Wow.
“They won’t come after you, you know.” He assured me.
I stayed silent.
“And if they do? I’m coming with you.”
I uttered a small thank you. I didn’t hear it and I don’t think he did.
“I should report to your father.” He made a move to stand up.
“NO!” I screamed, clinging on to his shirt, the disparity ringing out in my voice.
He sighed and sat down beside me. “Of course, I should stay here with you. I doubt your father knowing will be much use to us at all.” He took my hand in his. “Does he know who you are?”
“I don’t know. He didn’t call me by my name. But why else would he come after me. It has to be a power play with my father.” My voice was still shaky.
“Then why wait four years?”
“I don’t know.” I broke down in tears again, just when I was starting to feel better. I should not cry. But I did.

This book has 47 comments. Post your own now!

Renegade9891 said...
Mar. 28, 2012 at 6:14 am

Hello!!!!!!!

This is my second story, my first was just a non-fiction article but this is my first fiction NOVEL. Oh yeah!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited, thank you to the people who have voted already and I hope the rest of you will too. 

Thank you for making me a very happy writer. :) 

Renegade9891 replied...
Apr. 3, 2012 at 6:23 am
I'm a VIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FULLSTOP replied...
Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:23 am
yay! i got it in the first month too

MadMinion replied...

It's really good Lou Lou! (or should I say renegade9891) BUT DON'T BE MEAN TO CHARLOTTE! That's my job! The one thing I'm good at and you take it away from me :'( I'm crying here you know, and it's ALL YOUR FAULT!

And don't forget I'm in Croatia!

FULLSTOP replied...
Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:46 am
hi rosa!!!!!!!!!!

FULLSTOP replied...
Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:47 am
would you like a kleenex rosa?

MadMinion replied...
Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:14 am
Erm... I'm OK thanks! although... then again... I might need one... Izzy has diarrhea... trust me, an annoyingly hyper three-year-old + diarrhea = DEATH FOR ALL MINION MOTHERS! (I'm the minion mother, they are the minions!)

FULLSTOP replied...
Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:50 am
oh. erm, ok TOO MUCH IMFORMATION