Breakup Advice

By , Putnam, IL
After those amazing relationships end, you have to ask yourself how things will continue. If you broke up with your partner, you must either be unhappy with them, mad at them, tired of them, or some other circumstance. So, if it is you who breaks up with the other, stop and think. As one single person, you don't have any idea what the other might go through. One moment to you is completely different that that of another. For example, you might go on a date and have the time of your life, oblivious to that fact that the one you care for is about to slit their wrists in boredom.
Just and example.
But that is something that you can relate to a breakup. You might think that things are better off without the other. They might be tripping and falling behind you, trying to catch up and get you back. It happens a lot, and these breakups are the worst. I myself went through one. And I've scraped my knees so much over these past to years tripping and falling after her(yes, two years. She's so beautiful I can't stop thinking about her). I've found out the the first and most important thing you can do to stay out of those horrible, bad break ups, is to forget. Easier said then done, right? Well, there is only one way to completely get over such a thing. Overwrite the memories that the two of you shared. Now, people call this a rebound, but isn't every boyfriend/girlfriend after the first a rebound? You must make better memories with this person. Have a greater time, and think about the new things you share rather then all the things you used to share with the other. Take it from me, with time, almost everything is mendable.

CrazyBroadwayGirl said...
Well obviously he isn't the nicest sweetest best guy ever if he would be so mean to say that! There will be another guy out there for you! And he will love you back, and respect you.

yanaz said...
Sept. 23, 2011 at 12:25 am:
I am dating a guy who is too awkward, reserved, and unemotional to the point where he's boring. I know those seem like trivial reasons because he is super nice, but after 5 months it's become almost unbearable. Which leads me to my main question: I want to break up with him, but we go to different high schools so seeing each other is really rare. I feel bad breaking up with him in person cause it means that it took us an hour of transportation to see each other, just to hear me say that I don't ... (more »)

yanaz said...
Sept. 23, 2011 at 12:10 am:
I love teenink! I've noticed there are a lot of bullies and trolls on the website now, which makes me really sad.

yanaz replied...
Sept. 23, 2011 at 12:12 am :
Hey, I'm sorry, I wrote this on the wrong article. :P I did have a question about this though. I'll just write it as a seperate thread.

cristiano ronaldo7 said...
Sept. 16, 2011 at 11:15 am:

this is a good poem because.like if you really love someone you can indadiocate this poem to that person

LazyDaisyLovesYou replied...
Oct. 8, 2011 at 8:40 pm :
this isn't a poem..

thatclarinetgirl said...
Sept. 16, 2011 at 9:36 am:
I cannot aree with you more, my friend

clumsyteardropper said...
Sept. 16, 2011 at 8:08 am:
My story wasn't exactly break up... well here goes: years ago, this guy charmed me and swept me off my feet, so to speak. He was great, amazing... and i loved him. until the rainbows faded and the butterflies died.......... he wasn't who I thought he was. he became abusive, he manipulated into doing unspeakable things. i can barely even talk about it. *sigh*.... anyway.... one night he tried to "take advantage of me", ya know, (btw, hes 6 feet and 7inches tall :O with musles) but somehow, by... (more »)

hejlna replied...
Sept. 16, 2011 at 12:13 pm :
wow. thats a story. i think u should write about it.

CrazyBroadwayGirl replied...
Sept. 17, 2011 at 6:49 pm :

Wow. Thats sad!

clumsyteardropper replied...
Sept. 17, 2011 at 10:36 pm :
yeah... i know.  but im making it through.  everything still... hurts........ he made me to hate myself..... so im damaged emotionally, phisically, AND mentally.  but, like "hejlna" said... i might write about it.  you guys should check it out whenever it gets post (thts if i do).  just remember... i'm "clumsyteardropper" :)

hejlna replied...
Sept. 19, 2011 at 3:01 pm :
:) smile. hating yourself won't get you anywhere. you need to slap away the tears, banish the memories, and be the strong, brave, beautiful girl that you are.

clumsyteardropper replied...
Sept. 19, 2011 at 5:43 pm :
thanks :)  i really appricate that... I find, tho, that writing about things that have happened to me help me to move on and live my life.  the recent thing that i wrote is not exactly about that guy i talked about, but all the emotional pain it caused me in the future.  this past March, I went through a really rough time... but i'm okay now.  i wrote about my experience.  it's called "Iron Box" by me :)  you should check it out... i would love the fe... (more »)

Helen Cunningham replied...
Sept. 22, 2011 at 6:09 am :
Good for you! I'll definitly read it. I havn't written anything yet, but I'm working on a couple things.

Pumpkinscout said...
This is non fiction! Good article though, I just am surprised it's under fiction. It's the truth

MoraleAsh said...
I never really went out with the guy but he was my best friend and we had a fling that lasted about two years. We'd write love letters to each other and he taught me how to be an expert at basketball and always let me win when we played board/video games. For one reason or another we grew apart. It was the hardest thing I ever went through and I'm still trying to get through because I feel that I really did love him. Now, if he felt exactly the same way, I'll never know. Even though I'm in a rea... (more »)

eunhye3030 said...
Jul. 31, 2011 at 12:38 am:
my ex is still inlove w/ me but im not inlove w/ him. so i chose to break up w/ him. i dont know if he moved on.

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 17, 2011 at 11:46 am:
I loved the story! and was impressed! Great job! (Sorry for the advertizing!) If any of u coulld read my two stories called the beast and nightstalker, that would be great! Also please post comments saying if u liked it or not. Thanks! And keep writing! :D

BrittDawn This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 16, 2011 at 6:37 pm:
my boyfriend was in love with his ex for 2 years, after she dumped him. i'm not so sure about him. he says he loves me and i do believe him. but i just dont know how to tell if I love HIM. i've started asking random people. but i havent gotten any good answers. IF YOU WANT TO LET ME KNOW YOUR OPINION ON HOW TO TELL IF YOU LOVE YOUR GF/BF LET ME KNOW PLZZZZ!!!

rEMEMBERtHErIOTThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 1:31 pm :

i love to tell you but i have no idea...  my two best friends dated each other for about 6 months then they broke up. they fighted a lot and i was always caught in the middle of it. i didn't really knoq what to tell them cuz both would get upset if i said something good about the other for a while. they got over it but i wish i could have told them somehing along these lines. kinda unrealated........