Breakup Advice

By , Putnam, IL
After those amazing relationships end, you have to ask yourself how things will continue. If you broke up with your partner, you must either be unhappy with them, mad at them, tired of them, or some other circumstance. So, if it is you who breaks up with the other, stop and think. As one single person, you don't have any idea what the other might go through. One moment to you is completely different that that of another. For example, you might go on a date and have the time of your life, oblivious to that fact that the one you care for is about to slit their wrists in boredom.
Just and example.
But that is something that you can relate to a breakup. You might think that things are better off without the other. They might be tripping and falling behind you, trying to catch up and get you back. It happens a lot, and these breakups are the worst. I myself went through one. And I've scraped my knees so much over these past to years tripping and falling after her(yes, two years. She's so beautiful I can't stop thinking about her). I've found out the the first and most important thing you can do to stay out of those horrible, bad break ups, is to forget. Easier said then done, right? Well, there is only one way to completely get over such a thing. Overwrite the memories that the two of you shared. Now, people call this a rebound, but isn't every boyfriend/girlfriend after the first a rebound? You must make better memories with this person. Have a greater time, and think about the new things you share rather then all the things you used to share with the other. Take it from me, with time, almost everything is mendable.

shedevil said...
Dec. 2, 2010 at 7:22 am:
This is so true !

Gothgirl said...
I reallyenjoyed reading this piece.

AnimalGirl said...

that, i think, is great advise...

you should write more!!!

Courtneeeey12 said...
Nov. 12, 2010 at 8:17 am:
I beg to differ, a close friend just died & I dont think ill ever get over it, its not mendable.

White_Shadow replied...
Nov. 12, 2010 at 11:42 pm :
i understand that there are always exceptions. and i'm sorry to hear that

FreakShow818 said...

I like the last line, almost everything is mendable.

But is it really?

Sometimes, it's hard to think so. People heal at different rates, and some people were never cut up at all. And then you're stuck there wondering if they care as much as you do.

But anyway! great article.

.babycakes. said...
Oct. 25, 2010 at 9:21 am:
I agree. I was with a guy for a year and 4 days after we celebrated I found a girl in his bed. Apperiently something had been going on between them for a lil bit. I had a feeling something was going wrong between us I just didn't want to believe it because I'm so in love with him. That's right, I still love him with all my heart and want to be with him no matter what. Sure he hurt me but people make mistakes. I just don't know what to do anymore because I've been talking to this g... (more »)

FreakShow818 replied...
Nov. 1, 2010 at 9:36 pm :

I am really sorry for what you went through, but I just had to tell you something.

I've been "the girl in the bed" before, and she hurts just as much as you do. The guy probably is NOT worth it. Trust me on this one, he's just a headache and an EXTREME heartache. Though, you know him better than I do.

Just putting in my two cents!

JoannaaSonn said...
Oct. 13, 2010 at 10:19 am:

I love this(:

It is soo tuee

ugh. said...
well im just completely stuck, idk what to do. me and my ex are totaly in love with eichother but he is white and im black and his mother is rasist... she never even got to meet me but we dated for about 3 years total and most of the time we were sneaking around because she told him to dump me but he never did. untill the day she threatened both of us... we had no other choice. but i still love him and i never did anything wrong, i cant change the color of my skin and its totaly not fair. we sti... (more »)

White_Shadow replied...
Sept. 26, 2010 at 12:23 am :
hmm. that's a tricky situation. so that you know that i am not biased, i too, am a white male that has never been the target of any racial prejudice. So for one, i'm sorry. but....if you like him enough, is being around him and talking to him periodically enough to keep you going until you ARE old enough so that his mother can't interfere? Because i have somebody that i really care about too. But i can't be with her. It's not because shes black or anything, its because she lives 2 and half hours... (more »)

SkyWolfThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 6, 2010 at 3:20 pm :

what his mom doesn't know won't hurt her...

any way, im really sorry about the trouble you are going through. pls tell your boyfriend im so sorry for the both of you

blackraindrops replied...
Oct. 8, 2010 at 4:53 pm :
"Ugh", i can completly relate to you! In fact i find it somewhat almost reassuring that someone out there knows how it feels to be forbiddon to be with the one you love. Me and my ex are still completly in love with each other as well. all though his mother isn't racist she still decided to hate me with all thats in her. Me and my boyfriend snuck around for the longest time dating each other behind her back. It was hard and very stressful. After a while we had to break it off because of her. Eve... (more »)

apocalyptigirl said...
I ha.te the thought of being someone's rebound or using someone as my rebound. It's cruel and selfish and cheats them out of so much. Not to mention that if you're just using someone to get over someone else, you're simply avoiding the pain instead of confronting it. Let me make an analogy: using someone as a rebound is like drin.king to get over a loss, replacing one high with another--it's like quitting smok.ing and then bin.ge-eating instead, and what are you going to do once you're "over" th... (more »)

likearock replied...
Oct. 7, 2010 at 5:54 pm :
That's exactly how I feel, you have to confront the pain not cover it up. Eventually, you'll just have all this pain bottled up inside and what good is that? You just to learn to be able to say, "It was good while it lasted, I cherish those memories, but now it's time to make new ones."

OriginalCarbonation replied...
Dec. 1, 2010 at 5:23 pm :

yesss... but... sometimes its just wat u need to fall in love all over again. u cant be worrying about the other person if ur crazy in love with ur new one! however i know what u r saying. beccause then u get tired of them and want to leave, even tho there are still some real connections being made. and then u feel guilty for using them in some ways and stay, and more connections are made. and eventually u just have to go and then it hurts u both.

sry bout the typing and wording- going... (more »)

yvonne2012 said...
that is definately true. i had never thought of it that way. great piece!!!

Krystal said...
i totally know what you mean ! i had a mate that liked the guy i was dating and that she was going out with his bestfriend . and she had told the guy that she was dating that she wanted to be the most important girl in his bestfriends life. when i found out i was furious. no best friend would ever do that right ? .... i got angry at her and didnt talk to her for awhile and ,my bf said not to worry evrything will be okay.. soon after they were hanging out heaps and me and her bf spoke to our part... (more »)

Tayrodactyl replied...
Oct. 14, 2010 at 3:51 pm :
I know exactly what you mean. my best friend did the same to me, except she got him to dump me by lying and telling him that i cheated even though I never did. she says that it's all true, but it really isn't, so now im heart broken... just forget your friend, cos if she rele was ur friend then she wouldn't have done that, and as for the guy... just try to find someone who makes you happy

Screammyname said...

High school relationships suck. But high school relationships will always suck from the time I am fifteen to the time I am eighteen, I am not the first to make this statement you have to understand that we are what we are. But because I’m in high school you must realize that it’s all I have for now and a girl’s gotta have some fun sometimes, so I set my mind to the fact that hurting will be routine and to get over my melodramatic blubbering mess of a self. The first three da... (more »)