Breakup Advice

By , Putnam, IL
After those amazing relationships end, you have to ask yourself how things will continue. If you broke up with your partner, you must either be unhappy with them, mad at them, tired of them, or some other circumstance. So, if it is you who breaks up with the other, stop and think. As one single person, you don't have any idea what the other might go through. One moment to you is completely different that that of another. For example, you might go on a date and have the time of your life, oblivious to that fact that the one you care for is about to slit their wrists in boredom.
Just and example.
But that is something that you can relate to a breakup. You might think that things are better off without the other. They might be tripping and falling behind you, trying to catch up and get you back. It happens a lot, and these breakups are the worst. I myself went through one. And I've scraped my knees so much over these past to years tripping and falling after her(yes, two years. She's so beautiful I can't stop thinking about her). I've found out the the first and most important thing you can do to stay out of those horrible, bad break ups, is to forget. Easier said then done, right? Well, there is only one way to completely get over such a thing. Overwrite the memories that the two of you shared. Now, people call this a rebound, but isn't every boyfriend/girlfriend after the first a rebound? You must make better memories with this person. Have a greater time, and think about the new things you share rather then all the things you used to share with the other. Take it from me, with time, almost everything is mendable.

Blackwing said...
hmm. Love is nothing but bothersome. you like someone, ye you hate it. You hate thinking about them. You can't stop thinking of them for 1 sec and you hate it. It's botehrsome.

Blackwing replied...
yet it's nice to have around sometimes.

jaymishae replied...
This is too true.

manda_the_random_poetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:42 am
trust me i know how you feel i been on the same thing for three years with this one guy...it not to great..and it just sucks getting told by everyone else that there never a chance..but thanks for the article..glad to know im not the only one that holds on for longer than a month..

Lyllith said...
What if someone you're still in love with dies? What do you do then?

BobTheSpiderTurtle replied...
Then you make sure you live your life to the absolute fullest so full it's overflowing with happiness, love, and laughter because then you have lived enough for the both of you and that person would love you for honoring their memory that way and would be glad that you didnt waste your life longing for a love that was so far out of your grasp.

Lyllith replied...
Thank you.

BobTheSpiderTurtle replied...
You're welcome

Skylersmith1997 said...
Thanks for the advice man, will do!

katherinetwizzee replied...
i like your articles skyler. Your an awesome writer. You're a guy?

lilskunk67 said...
This is so true.. Its hard for me to realize my relationship that i have been in for 5 years...we have cheated on eachother alot but now he is in jail and wants to work thing out ...i want to move on and be happy with him but i  not sure ...

Abbey said...
Feb. 8, 2011 at 10:16 am
I can relate too. I've been hung up on a guy for two years as well. He graduated two years ago, and I have been stuck in the same small town at the same small high school ever since. I will definitely take this advice into consideration.

KyleGarbacz said...
This is so true. I just went threw this myself. I went out with my recent ex for 3 months. I kept hoping that we would stop having bad moments and more good ones cuz the good ones we had together were amazing. She was always smiling and laughing, but as time went on it just got worse. We broke up over a month ago and I have a new girlfriend that is so much better. We connect on a whole different level and I am just a happier person altogether now. The advice TO JUST FORGET... (more »)

xX_so-confused_Xx said...
Beautiful. Simply Beautiful

Liv R. said...
great advice. i broke up with my bf for cheating and right after i met this guy who just made me forget about my ex because i had so much fun with him, you just got have fun and ur sorrrows will go away

kat1 said...
I totally agree with you. But not on the whole forgetting thing. It's never easy to let go of the one you love. And if it was indeed true love then you would never forget about them... that love for that person would always be there.

PoetLaureate07 said...

i agree with everything except the forgetting part... if you forget, then u dont remember who you loved or who you shared those memories with.... love is the greatest risk, but the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing.

I was in love with this one guy that i was with for 2 years and 9 months. he broke up with me for another chick, and i still love him.. there's no doubt n my mind about that.. it's been approx. 3 years since all that happened, and im not ashamed of still having ... (more »)

geek27court said...

I absolutely love this, and even though some people don't agree with it, I most certainly do. I was in love with a guy for multiple years, in an on-again-off-again relationship with him, when he totally decided he wasn't going to commit to me anymore. He broke my heart, but I hung on. But you were right to say that the best thing is to overwrite the memories...I was afraid to fall for anyone else because I was still hanging onto HIM, but another guy came along. I guess you could say he's my r... (more »)

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed said...

I agree with most of this. Most. 

Notice I say not all.

Why?

Because why would you overwrite those memories? If you truly loved someone...why even try to forget about them? I understand trying to get rid of bad memories, but if the only way to hold on to the good times is to also remember the bad...I'd choose to take a few bad memories and keep all the good ones, instead of just starting over.  

... (more »)

XxDarkAngelxX said...
if you forget you never really loved them and if don't forget you loved them

BlueBananas said...
I love it!!