Breakup Advice

By , Putnam, IL
After those amazing relationships end, you have to ask yourself how things will continue. If you broke up with your partner, you must either be unhappy with them, mad at them, tired of them, or some other circumstance. So, if it is you who breaks up with the other, stop and think. As one single person, you don't have any idea what the other might go through. One moment to you is completely different that that of another. For example, you might go on a date and have the time of your life, oblivious to that fact that the one you care for is about to slit their wrists in boredom.
Just and example.
But that is something that you can relate to a breakup. You might think that things are better off without the other. They might be tripping and falling behind you, trying to catch up and get you back. It happens a lot, and these breakups are the worst. I myself went through one. And I've scraped my knees so much over these past to years tripping and falling after her(yes, two years. She's so beautiful I can't stop thinking about her). I've found out the the first and most important thing you can do to stay out of those horrible, bad break ups, is to forget. Easier said then done, right? Well, there is only one way to completely get over such a thing. Overwrite the memories that the two of you shared. Now, people call this a rebound, but isn't every boyfriend/girlfriend after the first a rebound? You must make better memories with this person. Have a greater time, and think about the new things you share rather then all the things you used to share with the other. Take it from me, with time, almost everything is mendable.

twilightlover said...
May 7, 2011 at 10:45 pm:
dang it is hard. i mean i have gone through some hard break ups and all but this last one has been the hardest. im still in love with this dude and all but he's going after someone else and he says that we're just friends and all that but the way he kisses me kinda says different but he doesnt want to get to attached. so yeah. i mean its really really hard to let go.

BlakeAyrl replied...
May 11, 2011 at 2:41 pm :
she isnt much of a talker and she's more self reliant and that doesnt help

twilightlover replied...
May 12, 2011 at 5:53 pm :
oh i can realy relate to that. im not much of a talker either unless its a subject i can really talk about but then im nervous around guys. and for the self reliant part. can relate again. you just have to be patient and let her see that your there for her. thats really hard. let her get to trust you on a deep level and see will see that she can depen on you and have you help her. but its going to take time and work. its very hard.

BlakeAyrl replied...
May 13, 2011 at 8:10 am :
im always there for her and i tell her that and thanks lol

KumaChon said...
May 6, 2011 at 5:07 pm:
I liked this, my bf broke up with me months ago, I still like him and it hurts to walk by him in the hallways and whatnot. :'(

katherinetwizzee replied...
Jun. 10, 2011 at 8:51 pm :
I get you. I fell in love with my ex, and I walk past him everyday in the hallways and whatnot. Its sucks knowing you ment so much to that person, and you guys dont even bother to say hi. Right?

Tigerz101 said...
May 6, 2011 at 8:47 am:
My boyfriend asked me out the other day. so I read this for when I need it.

KayKay:-) said...
Apr. 16, 2011 at 6:46 am:
I don't have much experience with romance in general, but I'm pretty sure this is good advice. However, you can still remember some good memories, as long as when you think about them you don't feel all sad ands depressed. But that's just me.

jaymishae said...
I remember when my boyfriend moved to Dallas so we had to breakup because we knew the long-distance thing wouldn't work. So when I got my next boyfriend, I never forgot the first and it hurt me so much I broke up with him, leaving him behind, trying to get me back. Now we're friends again, but it took a year to get. I definitely would've been better off if I would have forgotten. This is really good advice.

everything_shane said...
nice.. i love this :)

.Izzy.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oh wow, I can relate to this. Breakups suck. I decided I needed to end my relationship with my boyfriend for various reasons recently.  We both still love each other, which makes it hard, but I know in my heart it was for the best. Still, moving on is hard. I guess time heals...

kate4 said...
Mar. 24, 2011 at 4:52 pm:
my boyfriend broke up with me yesterday, and we have already decided to stay friends.

alwayskelley This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 5:49 pm:
i agree breakups are harddd! even if ur the one who did the breaking up. i just broke up with my first ever bf, he didnt do anything wrong i just dont like him like that anymore. i cant help how i feel! and now everyones getting on my back for being a jerk!:( i just want to forget about the whole thing and move on with my life!

katherinetwizzee replied...
Jun. 10, 2011 at 8:53 pm :
Yeah. I understand. I just dont know how to get ovet my first boyfriend ever. Its been a year and a half. And im still not over him. Time is surely not helping.

ilyguys said...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 9:22 am:
lack of word choice and puncuation

Yogabbagabba said...
Mar. 7, 2011 at 12:50 pm:

wow :D really? *giggles* i always got over everyone but my first actual boyfriend....... but every guys seems to be better lol :D after him :D *giggles again*

you will eventally get over him :D so find yourself a new one :D

KumaChon replied...
May 6, 2011 at 5:10 pm :
SOME PPL CAN"T!!!!!!!!

badboss123 said...
Feb. 28, 2011 at 6:45 am:
omg girl i feel oyu i have been hoding on to this boy name walter for the last 18 months and i cant still get over him i think about him every night.... 

susi09 said...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:38 pm:
i can relate, ive been holdin on to this guy, my second boyfriend but my first love for , for a year after we broke up. i cant find someone whos more amazing then him. is hard to move on wen i keep thinking about the great times i have spend with him. <|3 i dont know if i will ever  especially if he still tell me he likes me while having a girlfriend >.<

Blackwing said...
Feb. 16, 2011 at 4:17 pm:
hmm. Love is nothing but bothersome. you like someone, ye you hate it. You hate thinking about them. You can't stop thinking of them for 1 sec and you hate it. It's botehrsome.

TeaCat replied...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 7:01 pm :

I agree. Love is but an irritating human emotion that causes one to do things that they regret for the rest of their lives. 'Tis unnecessary. It's degrading and self-depricating.

...Yes, I know, I'm bitter.