Breakup Advice

By , Putnam, IL
After those amazing relationships end, you have to ask yourself how things will continue. If you broke up with your partner, you must either be unhappy with them, mad at them, tired of them, or some other circumstance. So, if it is you who breaks up with the other, stop and think. As one single person, you don't have any idea what the other might go through. One moment to you is completely different that that of another. For example, you might go on a date and have the time of your life, oblivious to that fact that the one you care for is about to slit their wrists in boredom.
Just and example.
But that is something that you can relate to a breakup. You might think that things are better off without the other. They might be tripping and falling behind you, trying to catch up and get you back. It happens a lot, and these breakups are the worst. I myself went through one. And I've scraped my knees so much over these past to years tripping and falling after her(yes, two years. She's so beautiful I can't stop thinking about her). I've found out the the first and most important thing you can do to stay out of those horrible, bad break ups, is to forget. Easier said then done, right? Well, there is only one way to completely get over such a thing. Overwrite the memories that the two of you shared. Now, people call this a rebound, but isn't every boyfriend/girlfriend after the first a rebound? You must make better memories with this person. Have a greater time, and think about the new things you share rather then all the things you used to share with the other. Take it from me, with time, almost everything is mendable.

JessieBecker said...

I really liked this, 

ps. i was wondering if you could maybe check out some of my work?? thank you sooo very much (:

peacelovenharmony said...

i loved t his one its amazing heres a story/poem i wrote that i would like sharing

Words left unsaid

Words left unsaid are words waiting to be silently heard

Although I always wanted to find the right words to speak to him

I realized its okay for things to just take their course

And if he was willing to talk to me don’t worry I won’t ignore you

But you know I have a lot of thoughts, feelings, and emotions

That I have to deal ... (more »)

@ngel said...
Aug. 9, 2010 at 7:57 am
wt u've write is true bt nt tht easy.. circumstances are very diff at diff times..we dnt jus brk up coz we are unhappy or tired wid each other...it may nt be a permanent brk up either, the 2 might be plannin to gt bak after sometym bt the time gap tht they aint 2gether cn even change the things for worse n 1 of thm mightn even wanna get bak..imagine hw heart broken the other wud be then?? wt can u advice in such a situation..?

White_Shadow replied...

i'm sorry but i'd just like to comment that spending time to completely type out words saves other people a lot of time. thank you. But yes, i know. It's only an option that works for some people. Even exceptions have exceptions

@ngel replied...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 12:59 am
well i shall keep in mind from next time..n type complete words thanks for the corrections :) and yeah there surely are exceptionals...

inspir3d This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i totally disagree and i think most people do. if you bury your past/problems you'll just carry it with you forever.

apocalyptigirl replied...
Thank you!

McKenna said...
You shouldn't trail after someone just because they're beautiful, you should love poeple for who they are on the inside. If you don't move on you're just restricting yourself from other poeple that you might enjoy seeing. Don't you want to see her happy? Take a look at her, if she's happy don't interfear. If she isn't then try to be her friend and work up to being her boyfriend. A girl needs her boyfriend to be a best friend too.

cyanidesun said...
Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:38 am

I respectfully disagree. Trying to erase memories you had with someone else by covering it up with new memories won't solve the problem. That, my friend, is only what I like to call "serial dating." Where most people end up hurting themselves is when they start thinking that the care of another person will mend their wounds. You know, people always talk about finding someone who "completes you," but what you should really be looking for is someone who complements your completeness. How c... (more »)

musiclover123 replied...
Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:21 am

I agree with cyanidesun.

Sorry.

But your writing is very good.

I just didn't like its topic.

<3

White_Shadow replied...
No, i completely understand. Some things work out for different people, and I have used the method that you are talking about before. It does work. But for the girl that I was describing, that was what i did to fix things. And those worked too. Thank you for the second opinion :) I respect that.

musiclover123 replied...
Jun. 29, 2010 at 9:25 am

okay!

good luck!

<3

badbreakup401 replied...
hey, girl... checking out your work like you asked me to. you know ALL about the relationships I"VE had so no need to share again. honey, your absolutely right... some ppl might not agree with this, but i def. do! you should be put in the magazine, you rockstar.

Kelkel1185 replied...
Sept. 17, 2010 at 10:58 am

I agree completely with cyanidesun.  I have had some experience in relationships with this.  Burying memories does nothing but bring the memories back in a flood thats very hard to fight off.  After heartbreak i try to heal and be happy with myself, because i feel its not fair to the other people i could be in relationships with, since i can't give them my whole heart.

And maybe you cant find someone who knows exactly how you feel all the time like in literature, b... (more »)

likearock replied...
Wow, I not only agree with Cyanidesun, but love the way she wrote that.

sondheimfreakThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

i had a thing with this guy. i understnad the whole two poitns of view thing because while i thought he really liked me and he was just busy and couldnt hang out, it turns out he just liked me as a friend. as one person, its impossible to know what went wrong, and i'm just starting to learn not to question what i did wrong, because i can never know.

by the way, i really like thie piece.

figureitout said...
i know exactly how you feel. me and this guy broke up 2 years ago and i still think about him. i love him and im still trying to get over him. haha. dumb. i knoww. but thanks for the advice and keep writing. ill keep reading.

gymnast9 said...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 7:35 am
Yeah, i know what you mean, just a few days ago my boyfriend broke up with me because i told him he didnt care about me and only my body. idk and then his x girlfriend "my x bff" they used to date, >:( wrote him a note and it got him confused, part the reason he broke up with me.

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oh my gosh I'm a gymnast too!  And yeah, I totally agree with this.  Some of my friends have had similar experiences.  Oh, and could you read and comment on my work?  Please?  It just got published!

angelhugz247 said...
I am so sorry to hear that. I know what that feels like becaue i have been thru a similar situation. ur friend doesnt sound like she is really ur friend. But who knows?? Maybe she thought he liked u and she secretly liked him.