Breakup Advice

After those amazing relationships end, you have to ask yourself how things will continue. If you broke up with your partner, you must either be unhappy with them, mad at them, tired of them, or some other circumstance. So, if it is you who breaks up with the other, stop and think. As one single person, you don't have any idea what the other might go through. One moment to you is completely different that that of another. For example, you might go on a date and have the time of your life, oblivious to that fact that the one you care for is about to slit their wrists in boredom.
Just and example.
But that is something that you can relate to a breakup. You might think that things are better off without the other. They might be tripping and falling behind you, trying to catch up and get you back. It happens a lot, and these breakups are the worst. I myself went through one. And I've scraped my knees so much over these past to years tripping and falling after her(yes, two years. She's so beautiful I can't stop thinking about her). I've found out the the first and most important thing you can do to stay out of those horrible, bad break ups, is to forget. Easier said then done, right? Well, there is only one way to completely get over such a thing. Overwrite the memories that the two of you shared. Now, people call this a rebound, but isn't every boyfriend/girlfriend after the first a rebound? You must make better memories with this person. Have a greater time, and think about the new things you share rather then all the things you used to share with the other. Take it from me, with time, almost everything is mendable.

COMMENT AND WRITE YOUR OWN STORY BACK!

dpurdy said...
on Apr. 13 2016 at 12:18 pm
dpurdy, Craryville Ny, New York

always love yourself no matter what.

trust me i went though a brake-up i was sad about it

on Nov. 10 2013 at 6:06 am
Shaas_It_is.. BRONZE, Udupi, Other

Happiness presents itself before man with a crown of sorrow. He who accepts it must accept both.
-Swami Vivekananda

Don't be led by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

Trust me!! I cried every single night of my life over a guy that I loved truly.. And also because he broke up with me twice over trivial reasons like his mind has changed over me.. He was perfect and still is and i've been worse, i've cried and been depressed and lost myself thinking I would never ever be complete or happy again but guys u can only be complete if u love yourself wholely first.. Beautiful piece can totally relate to it.. And yes, no matter how bad or how hard the breakup you will rise and live a better life although there will always be a hollow somewhere deep down in your heart but you'll survive.. :) PS: If a guy breaks up with you because his mind keeps changing about you and if after two and a half years he suddenly decides to come back and beg you back into his life with the most tearful and sincerest apologies..Don't believe him because he will change again!!  Really frustrated!! I know!!.. :P

on Jan. 30 2013 at 11:38 am
KassandraMichelle263451 SILVER, Charlott, North Carolina

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss

thanks now i know how to deal with an ex

on Jan. 6 2013 at 6:30 pm
In_Love_with_Writing GOLD, Easton, Pennsylvania

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Wow, looking at the comments below, many people could relate to this. Great job! And please read, rate, and comment on my stories. You'll make me soo happy :)

on Dec. 21 2012 at 12:02 pm
wolfexeder BRONZE, Chubbuck, Idaho

the pain will go away but the scares will remain.

i wish kimber would have looked at this befor she hert me i just wish i knew why

wiesnerlover said...
on Dec. 13 2012 at 2:22 pm
wiesnerlover, Standish, California

Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.'

That was great you should write more on topics such as that it is really helpful

on Sep. 10 2012 at 8:54 am
bintyousuf BRONZE, Fairfax, Virginia
Hi, I was in a similar situation to yours. My boyfriend and I had a one-of-a-kind relationship; we cared deeply for each other...or so I thought. I went on a four-day trip - it was the longest time we'd gone without seeing one another, thought we still emailed and chatted all during the trip. But when I got back from my trip, he was acting all weird and when I finally got to the bottom of things, I found out that he liked someone else. He broke up with me. We got back together 3 weeks later, but after a few months he broke up with me again because he liked someone else. I stopped talking to him after that; some months later he chatted me up and we started talking again. The third time he asked me out I said yes just because I was so sure I loved him; every time we talked I had a huge smile on my face. Well we broke up again, this time because he'd kissed another girl. He asked me out a fourth time. I was so tempted to say yes - what we'd had was amazing. I really wanted to be with him. But did I really want to go through all that stuff again? I said no. What I think is that, just like me, this boy was your first love. He'll always be a part of you and you'll always have SOME feelings for him, but what those really are, are memories. And someday those will become JUST memories. You may not ever be able to exactly move on from him, and you may think that maybe you can fix your relationship or that it will all be good, but truth is, that almost never happens.

on Jul. 18 2012 at 4:36 am
kate12345me GOLD, Sydney, Other

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Thoreau
"Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on."

Aw, it's by a guys! Shucks, haha. I like it, be careful with spelling, though! PLEASE do check out some of my stuff if you can!

Mkla-H8n GOLD said...
on Jul. 11 2012 at 8:31 pm
Mkla-H8n GOLD, Chilhowie, Virginia

" Friends are temporary, but Sisters are forever" By me.Its something about us being sisters that keep us as friends.
"Parenta will love you no matter what!" I LOVE my parents and I know they LOVE me too! :)

I was going out with a guy and he broke up with me and wouldn't even tell me!!!!! It was in the middle of P.E. and I wouldnt have known if my friend didn't tell me! he broke up with me the day before valentines day.

on Jun. 7 2012 at 10:50 pm
Iwas going out with a guy for almost a year. We were both 12 and it was my first real relationship. we had a really healthy relationship, but it was getting too good. We made out and he grabbed my butt. that made me start thinking about a breakup and it all went downhill from there n i broke up with him cuz it just wasnt going well. now, almost a year later i realized how good our relationship was, but we really dont talk anymore. i started talking to him as much as i could n i ended up telling him how i fell now n what my mind was saying then. he appreciated it, and agreed it wasnt going well. i am starting to have feelings for him again, but idk if he'll ever take me back. what should i do?

on May. 30 2012 at 7:43 am
Don't have a lot of cash to buy a building? You should not worry, just because this is achievable to take the loans to work out such kind of problems. Thence take a term loan to buy all you require.

on Apr. 23 2012 at 1:17 pm
Whitney Smith BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
I think most people can relate to something like this. I can very well. It can also be related to a break up with a friend so many different people can relate. Very well worded.

on Apr. 23 2012 at 10:38 am
kimberdawn SILVER, Sedalia, Missouri

The sun, with all these planets revolving around it and dependent upon it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it has nothing else in the universe to do.

~Galileo

I wish that worked....

on Apr. 23 2012 at 10:37 am
kimberdawn SILVER, Sedalia, Missouri

~Galileo

My bf and I just broke up after being together for 3 months...its been hard...I find myself constantly thinking about him and looking at him...I have tried to talk to him and work this out so that we can at least be friends but he wont respond....but I catch him staring at me...I don't know how he feels about me but I know I still care about him. I have given him his space in hopes that he will work his problems out but I can't help but see his pain. I don't know what to do....should I confront him again??? I am so lost. 

on Mar. 31 2012 at 6:13 pm
Elena Le BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
d recently broke up with me .. Well my ex.. We still talk and its really confusing , he tells me he still loves me, but i ask myself if he still does why did he break up with me. He thinks im heart broken, well actually no one truely is heart broken, their hurt. If someone really was heart broken they'd be dead. But i miss being able to tell him i love him, i miss being able to tell the world he's mine. Everything is hard, but one advice i got in 4 simple words helped me through .. " it will get better "

on Mar. 6 2012 at 6:52 pm
swimmergirl328 GOLD, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

If everyone else's dreams can come true why can't mine.

I reacently broke up with my boyfriend and he still wants to be friends. but i am not sure if i can take him back. the moment i broke up with him he ran off with my friend, but when i talk about seeing other guys he gets mad. im not sure what to do. i really like one of his good friends, but i dont want to hurt my ex. yeah, sometimes life is confusing

missdolly said...
on Feb. 20 2012 at 9:23 am
missdolly, West Henrietta, New York

“I'm not telling you it's going to be easy - I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.”
-Art Williams

I definitely agree. It's terrible when you like someone and they have no idea you exist. It helps us realize that sometimes things are meant to be a certain way.

on Feb. 17 2012 at 1:03 pm
DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware

"There’s no such thing as true love, just spurts of insanity—falling over and over again, thinking that won’t happen to me"

Well, I've never been through a break-up so I don't know how they feel. I'm fourteen and never had a boyfriend, I try not to stress it because I'm still young and I focus on my schoolwork anyway. But its hard not to think about it when all of my friends have one. (Not kidding here. Maybe I should find some new friends) But I think what's worse is an unrequited love, especially when you see them so happy with someone else. That's what kills me.

TyTy22 said...
on Feb. 15 2012 at 8:55 pm
TyTy22, DAVIDSON, North Carolina

Life is meant to be lived not followed

my ex.....best friend in the whole world dumped me...we haven't talked in forever and I am not even mad at him for dumping me I am mad at him for deserting me though! Bu basically I realize I never was good/pretty enough for him...but the thing I miss most of all was us just talking. But it feels like ripping a band-aid off to soon. Just hurts

on Jan. 4 2012 at 2:09 pm
-Madhatter- PLATINUM, Ballwin, Missouri

"I hate it when people see you in the supermarket and they are like 'Hey! What are you doing here?' and I'm just like 'Oh you know....hunting elephants'"

lol good one. Great piece btw.

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!