Wishing For More | Teen Ink

Wishing For More

By Manningurl1010 GOLD, Round Lake, Illinois
Manningurl1010 GOLD, Round Lake, Illinois

"When no effort is put towards something, wish away all dreams of ever accomplishing it."

Looking for reasons to get over some one is never easy, and I learned that the hard way. Like every love story, it all started with a boy. His name was Brent, and he was the cutest, sweetest boy anyone would ever meet...Or so I thought. He always knew how to make me laugh, and he became very good at making me fall for him a little bit more every day. He always walked me home, and when we hugged goodbye, it lasted forever. It was as if we were meant to be. But, in every story there is also a villain that spreads us apart, but in this case, he turned out to be the villain. He didn’t ever seem to want a relationship when I did, so we disagreed on a lot of things. The disagreements turned into fights, and then we would stop talking to each other. This happened every time we got to close to each other. It was as if we got pulled together, and then pushed apart so quickly we had to stop and think about what just happened. We stopped talking many times before, but never like this. Now, we aren’t talking again, but this time, I think it’s for good. The reason I say this is because we both actually shut the other out of our lives. Like, when he passes me on the bus, I turn the other way, or when I pass him in the hallway, he turns and walks the other way. The truth is, I have never hated someone so much in my life, but at the same time, I have never loved someone so much in my life. So the attempt to push him out of my life seems to make it harder and harder for me to move on. Love was always there for us, and I realized now what our problem was. It wasn’t fate or anything else saying we can’t be together, it was us. We could choose whether or not we move on, but we chose not to every time. So whether or not that is how he wanted it, may never be known, but I know I can’t live in the past, I’m letting him go, and I am going to stay strong and find myself someone who actually cares.

Hermione-Granger BRONZE, Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
I love how well this was written, and I while I agree you should talk things out, you should also keep in mind that sometimes relationships, dating or otherwise, are sometimes just too far gone to salvage, which I have experienced personally a few times. But I hope that you move and stop blocking him out of your life forever. And I'm really sorry if this sounds like I'm trying to tell you how to write, that's not what I mean because I am just really bad at wording advice.

dpurdy said...
dpurdy, Craryville Ny, New York

always love yourself no matter what.

this is sad i been though it too losing someone you love i lost my boyfriend wayne lotz i still love him

CianaB GOLD said...
CianaB GOLD, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
This is sad. I agree that you should talk things out with him, and while you might have moved on you shouldn't block him out of your life forever.

yourlove-mywings SILVER, Yuma, Arizona

"Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him, and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.” Luke 17:3-4

aww!!!!! that is soo.... sad!!!!!!!! I get what you mean though. sorry for yahh...

Writer said...
dear sunshinedude32

thank you for the advice

we did talk things out and realized a lot about outselves that way

thank you for showing concern

Victoria Robertson

This is very sad. If you want advice you should just try to talk things out. Maybe he understands, maybe he feels the same way you do.