The Kitchen Nightmares Review | Teen Ink

The Kitchen Nightmares Review

By My_Swamp BRONZE, Pewuakee, Wisconsin
My_Swamp BRONZE, Pewuakee, Wisconsin

If I were to tell you about a tv show called “Kitchen Nightmares” starring Gordon Ramsay as he spends a week with a failing restaurant in an attempt to revive the business, would you have a desire to watch it? I wouldn’t. I was just assuming that it was another dull Gordon Ramsay cooking show that would have the same plot every episode—he restores the business and they live happily ever after. I imagined it wouldn't be the true Ramsay we love and adore, the Ramsay that cusses out owners and chefs for bad habits. The whole cooking channel has grown to admire and cherish all of Ramsay's tv shows because he is such a gifted chef. For example, he makes perfect beachside burgers, juicy steaks, and color full salads.

It took me one episode of Ramsay roaring at chefs microwaving lasagna and arrogant owners collecting all the tips that the waiters and waitresses earn, for me to become heavily addicted to the show. On season one episode two Ramsay orders a lamb dish and according to Ramsay the dish was very plain and raw, the result is he investigates why the dish was lacking flavor and raw, he then finds out that the lamb was two weeks old and the dish was microwaved. Oh, man, I felt so bad for that chef and the owner because. Ramsay had a red face full of rage and a vocabulary of a fisherman. I was laughing the whole time because of the look of disappointment in the chef's face was priceless. The whole cooking channel has grown to admire and cherish all of Ramsay's tv shows because he is such a gifted chef. For example, he makes perfect beachside burgers, juicy steaks, and color full salads.

This show is so addicting that most nights I watched loads of episodes rather than sleeping. One of the main reasons why this show is so addicting is that Ramsay rebuilds a brutally failing restaurant, into a new, elegant restaurant. On season two episode three, the restaurant Ramsay is at is flooded with people and the chef is not even caring about the quality of the food he is sending out to hungry customers—he just cares about the speed. Ramsay explains his frustration that quality is definitely cherished over speed. In the course of the next three days, he trains the chefs to focus more on the looks and quality of the food, rather than just sending out uncooked food that they had no care for.

I would unquestionably recommend you watch this tv show if you like Gordon Ramsay, any kind of cooking show, or even if you just love hearing the provocative language. This tv show is the one that will keep you awake late into the night watching a countless number of episodes. This tv show is a good time killer because you will be enjoying the episodes so much you will definitely lose track of how many you have watched in one sitting, I would rate this show nine stars out of ten.