Grace Potter and the Nocturnals | Teen Ink

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals

February 25, 2009
By Holly O&#39Blenis BRONZE, Billerica, Massachusetts
Holly O&#39Blenis BRONZE, Billerica, Massachusetts
3 articles 2 photos 0 comments

Grace Potter and the Nocturals are an old-fashioned rock and roll band that posssess an incomparable sound. Grace Potter, the band's singer, songwriter, and piano player is a remarkably talented 24 year-old. Potter is passionate about what she does, and she does it well. She sings from the bottom of her heart, and her words make a mark on your mind and heart. Although she is the front-woman, the men who make the music is what brings it all together to make a sincerely great band. "Lose Some Time," which is on their album "This is Somewhere," is my favorite on the album. Potter sings of a new lover she has, but her and her ex-lover still want eachother. You can hear her sincerity as she sings "I got arms to hold me every night/ But I'm still sleeping with a ghost," a line often repeated in the song. In another song, she sings of herself and how others may view her, but she doesn't want them to look at her. All the song have a different meaning or message, and they all make you think. I believe many of us can relate to the topics she sings about, but we don't know how to put it into words. It's not just music to hum along to, or sing to in your car, and it certainly doesn't go in one ear and out the other; it's music that you won't be able to stop listening to once you start.